Tulsa QB Zach Smith set for tryout with Bills

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

Quarterback is the most valuable position in professional sports. I don't care who you have starting under center or as your 3rd stringer. It is always a good idea to bring in competition.

Yea a team learned last year it is good to have backup to backup to backup QB to have experience other than high school.

Fromm is definitely the eligible for rookie minicamp.  I am not sure about Webb, but I think he is.  It makes sense to have a third available in any case.  

Edited by FLFan
Damn autocorrect

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

*****, this is a sign that we aren’t going to extend Allen.  WTF Beane.

There are several excellent tongue in cheek posts in this thread.  This doesn't feel like one.  Are you serious?  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

There are several excellent tongue in cheek posts in this thread.  This doesn't feel like one.  Are you serious?  

No, it's also tongue-in-cheek.  And this kid looks to have no shot, but the Bills were probably the only team to come calling.

24 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I have an inside source and told me they love Zach Smith and think he’s a diamond in the rough.  Supposedly Allen is homesick because you can’t grow cantaloupe in Buffalo....Beane is just planning ahead.

• Haha (+1) 4

11 hours ago, without a drought said:

Based on what?

Based on living in Georgia and seeing Fromm play. Lot of hype, on paper can be made to fit the profile. He's slow, not athletic and his arm strength is not up to playing in Buffalo conditions. We'd be better off with a different person in his seat. 

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I have heard "Get a pick from Fromm" a lot.  Beane is a wizard but is he that much of a wizard?

We can hope,

On 5/6/2021 at 2:16 PM, Limeaid said:

Yea a team learned last year it is good to have backup to backup to backup QB to have experience other than high school.

Bro, I never even implied that this guy was going to supplant Josh, or even compete with him. But we should always competition at all spots. I'm hoping this guy can push Fromm.

Our starters are in good shape, but when they go down, we need a deep bench. This seems obvious to me.

So him and Fromm will battle it out for 3rd seat at the table...meh may the best QB win....I havent even seen Fromm to render an opinion (or if i did i dont remember)