Tulsa QB Zach Smith set for tryout with Bills

Tulsa quarterback Zach Smith is expected to try out with the Bills in advance of the upcoming rookie minicamp, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. Smith could serve as an extra arm during the camp.

Smith, listed at 6-3 and 227 pounds, started all nine games last fall and threw for 1,947 yards and 13 touchdowns, completing 56% of his passes. He also led Tulsa to three comeback victories. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/report-tulsa-qb-zach-smith-set-for-tryout-with-bills/article_a5cb2758-ae7d-11eb-b2db-b71f6898373b.html

• Thank you (+1) 2

Fromm is history..., 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Smith, listed at 6-3 and 227 pounds, started all nine games last fall and threw for 1,947 yards and 13 touchdowns, completing 56% of his passes. He also led Tulsa to three comeback victories. 

A college QB with a 56% completion percentage cannot possible succeed in the NFL. #inaccurate

;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Looks like a camp body.  I'm not sure why he'd be needed if they keep Fromm and Webb.  But, there's no harm in taking a look.  I also think that Allen is the exception to the rule as to completion percentage.  In most cases, it is a pretty good predictor.  Allen is a unique individual who was able to overcome the odds with his supreme athletic talent, work ethic, etc., but guys like him don't come along very often.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Zach Smith is not going to replicate what Josh Allen did.

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

Looks like a camp body, but not sure why he'd be needed if they keep Fromm and Webb.  But, there's no harm in taking a look.

Beyond that, the Bills have MT to backup Josh.  He should be trying out for other teams.

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Looks like a camp body, but not sure why he'd be needed if they keep Fromm and Webb.  But, there's no harm in taking a look.

Somebody needs to throw the ball during rookie minicamp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Does it actually have to be a rookie?

I don’t think it can be a vet.  Wouldn’t make much sense why a vet QB could practice but other unable to

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Looks like a camp body.  I'm not sure why he'd be needed if they keep Fromm and Webb.  But, there's no harm in taking a look.  I also think that Allen is the exception to the rule as to completion percentage.  In most cases, it is a pretty good predictor.  Allen is a unique individual who was able to overcome the odds with his supreme athletic talent, work ethic, etc., but guys like him don't come along very often.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Zach Smith is not going to replicate what Josh Allen did.

I hear his hurdling skill is not great.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think it can be a vet.  Wouldn’t make much sense why a vet QB could practice but other unable to

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I would assume so but I’m not totally sure

I thought so as well and then one year I recall there being a non-rookie QB at one of them.  But if it has to be a rookie, this makes a lot more sense.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought so as well and then one year I recall there being a non-rookie QB at one of them.  But if it has to be a rookie, this makes a lot more sense.

Like @Bangarang, I don’t know for sure....I’m sure assuming based on the language