Miami to release CB Bobby McCain.

16 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Who's better outside of NE, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh? 

Your own player, Stefon Diggs, even gave the Dolphins secondary credit in a recent interview.

He was being professionally kind to your team, don’t read to much in to it. 

Until Tua shows he can throw a ball Fifteen yards without having to put his entire body into the throw and still have next to no velocity on the ball, the fins will continue to be the fins... it’s a passing league and your guy is a weak armed midget by all NFL QB standards, it is what it is dude. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Until Tua shows he can throw a ball Fifteen yards without having to put his entire body into the throw and still have next to no velocity on the ball, the fins will continue to be the fins... it’s a passing league and your guy is a weak armed midget by all NFL QB standards, it is what it is dude. 

Any proof of Tua not being able to throw fifteen yards with no velocity? Or are you just blindly following narratives?

On 5/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Miami has cut two defensive captains this offseason, McCain and Van Noy.  It's a bit of an odd move for a young coach of a young team.

They've blown a wad of cap too with questionable moves.

I have a hard time thinking their GM is making moves in a vacuum, as I just could not see Flores being a doormat, but who knows...

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/05/07/assessing-chris-griers-recent-tenure-with-the-miami-dolphins/

Edited by WideNine

9 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Any proof of Tua not being able to throw fifteen yards with no velocity? Or are you just blindly following narratives?

Oh, just s sport science show from a year or so ago, and watching him try to pass a football this past season on multiple occasions, that’s all, 😁👍

On 5/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

As to the bolded, yeah I am. Putting in your 38 year journeyman QB to win the game tells Tua and the rest of the team you don't think he can do it. Guys aren't going to forget, especially Tua

As to your second point, its just my opinion from an outside perspective. I could be wrong, but from my perspective Flores is more likely to burn out than be a long term coach.  JMO

That was such a brutal  coaching move. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, Don Otreply said:

Before everyone dismisses Tua, you need to keep in mind that he was coming off of major hip surgery. Doctors described his injury as one more likely seen in a car crash as opposed to a football game. I can't imagine he was playing close to 100%. I don't know that he'll be any good, but too early to write him off. If not for the injury, he's likely #1 overall pick.

The Miami FO looks like they have no idea what they are doing  with jettisoning their entire 2020 FA class already , oops, and they also took the wrong QB last year. Herbert was right there. Qb purgatory awaits. Should have stayed at 3 and had the cajones to upgrade this year. Was waddle one of the ones that said he preferred Smack Jones to tua? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

Before everyone dismisses Tua, you need to keep in mind that he was coming off of major hip surgery. Doctors described his injury as one more likely seen in a car crash as opposed to a football game. I can't imagine he was playing close to 100%. I don't know that he'll be any good, but too early to write him off. If not for the injury, he's likely #1 overall pick.

Granted,Tua could be good, but odds are he won’t be more than a game manager, that lacks the physical attributes to be more that that, he is physically small by any objective measure and doesn’t throw with velocity at any distance. Sure I could be wrong, and I will admit as much should I be. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, DolFAN93 said:

Business is business. Bobby has been a good player and team leader for Miami, but he was becoming redundant since Miami added younger more talented players.

Flores' "attitude" turned a bottom 5 defense into a top 10 unit. He must be doing something right. He doesn't give big contracts to players, the GM does.

If the line "The GM signs players not Flores" is true and somehow they are not on the same page, fire one of them now. The GM and the coach should definitely be on the same page for the 53 man roster, especially on large contracts.

Tua was good at Bama but never proved to be dependable, always hurt. He also lost some games he didn't have to with bad decision making. We will see how his stint with the Dolphins goes.

• Like (+1) 1