Miami to release CB Bobby McCain.

20 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

The franchise QB was jerked because he kept running into a wall. Are you going to jeopardize the game hoping the light turns on for the young QB midgame or do you put in the seasoned vet? They can't afford to do that this year nonetheless. 

Again, Flores isn't signing these players. He's not the GM. It's also been one offseason, affected by COVID fwiw, that they've cut players after they've signed. Not enough time for folks to assume a coach's habits and hold that against them.

Did you all win a big games with Josh Allen  his rookie season or did it happen in subsequent years? 

Bills beat the Vikings in Allen's rookie year.  That's the game Allen hurdled Anthony Barr.  Bills were a big time underdog that game.  IIRC Allen won 5 games that year.  Split with the Dolphins.  Bills had a terrible OL that year.  Curious to see Tua after a year plus recovery from his hip surgery.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Bills beat the Vikings in Allen's rookie year.  That's the game Allen hurdled Anthony Barr.  Bills were a big time underdog that game.  IIRC Allen won 5 games that year.  Split with the Dolphins.  Bills had a terrible OL that year.  Curious to see Tua after a year plus recovery from his hip surgery.

It was the biggest spread in 23 years where the underdog came through with a W.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DolFAN93 said:

The franchise QB was jerked because he kept running into a wall. Are you going to jeopardize the game hoping the light turns on for the young QB midgame or do you put in the seasoned vet? They can't afford to do that this year nonetheless. 

Again, Flores isn't signing these players. He's not the GM. It's also been one offseason, affected by COVID fwiw, that they've cut players after they've signed. Not enough time for folks to assume a coach's habits and hold that against them.

Did you all win a big games with Josh Allen  his rookie season or did it happen in subsequent years? 

As to the bolded, yeah I am. Putting in your 38 year journeyman QB to win the game tells Tua and the rest of the team you don't think he can do it. Guys aren't going to forget, especially Tua

As to your second point, its just my opinion from an outside perspective. I could be wrong, but from my perspective Flores is more likely to burn out than be a long term coach.  JMO

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no opinion on this guy, but don't we kind of have a gap at backup safety since Dean Marlowe moved on in FA?

Dean Marlowe signed a 1 year, $1,127,500 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $137,500 signing bonus, $437,500 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,127,500.   He is being replaced by someone who will be getting a rookie contract likely.  Not a lot of savings.

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

As to the bolded, yeah I am. Putting in your 38 year journeyman QB to win the game tells Tua and the rest of the team you don't think he can do it. Guys aren't going to forget, especially Tua

This.   Lays down the message that he's good enough to win with, until he isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

I see we have a Dolphin troll lurking around now too.  Lovely. As for that player, we are past the point of having to garbage pick from the rest of the AFC East thankfully.  He is not the type of depth we need. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

I see we have a Dolphin troll lurking around now too.  Lovely. As for that player, we are past the point of having to garbage pick from the rest of the AFC East thankfully.  He is not the type of depth we need. 

guy had 7 picks and was a team captain,  garbage u say?

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no opinion on this guy, but don't we kind of have a gap at backup safety since Dean Marlowe moved on in FA?

This is true.  All I got on the guy is that I don’t remember noticing him when I watched Miami play, his pff scores (meh) and what I’ve read in this thread.  Based on that - and the Bills need as you point out - he’d be worth a look as a backup. 

6 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

guy had 7 picks and was a team captain,  garbage u say?

Well, your Phins aren’t exactly stacked at DB.  You’ve got Howard at CB1 and you drafted Holland for a S spot but I don’t see much else back there.  Seems like you wouldn’t want to part with anyone decent so why’d you cut him loose?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Well, your Phins aren’t exactly stacked at DB.  You’ve got Howard at CB1 and you drafted Holland for a S spot but I don’t see much else back there.  Seems like you wouldn’t want to part with anyone decent so why’d you cut him loose?

wow,  u assumed alot there....lol.   life long Bills fan here,   just find it hard to believe that a guy with those credentials is trash.    entitled to your opinion tho i suppose.

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

wow,  u assumed alot there....lol.   life long Bills fan here,   just find it hard to believe that a guy with those credentials is trash.    entitled to your opinion tho i suppose.

Oh sorry.  Saw the previous post about a Phins fan in the thread.  Assumed it was you since you were sticking up for the guy.  I should’ve read back further.  Still, my point stands:  Looking at Miami’s secondary they don’t exactly have much back there.  If this guy is any good, why cut him?

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Miami has cut two defensive captains this offseason, McCain and Van Noy.  It's a bit of an odd move for a young coach of a young team.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to have much regard for the culture or leadership of the team. Will be interesting to see them going forward.

Cutting good players who are leaders on your team and who contribute positively to the culture can be risky.

But winning cures most things. If they win it probably won't matter.

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Oh sorry.  Saw the previous post about a Phins fan in the thread.  Assumed it was you since you were sticking up for the guy.  I should’ve read back further.  Still, my point stands:  Looking at Miami’s secondary they don’t exactly have much back there.  If this guy is any good, why cut him?

Who's better outside of NE, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh? 

Your own player, Stefon Diggs, even gave the Dolphins secondary credit in a recent interview.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he doesn't seem to have much regard for the culture or leadership of the team. Will be interesting to see them going forward.

Cutting good players who are leaders on your team and who contribute positively to the culture can be risky.

But winning cures most things. If they win it probably won't matter.

I thought he was going to be a great coach his first year there but now, it seems he has too much of that smartest guy in the room attitude that a lot of the ex-Patriots assistants have.   He did a lot of things that are pretty hard to understand last year, things that must have led to issues in the locker room.

5 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Who's better outside of NE, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh? 

Your own player, Stefon Diggs, even gave the Dolphins secondary credit in a recent interview.

Miami’s DBs are middle of the pack or slightly above that IMO.  Again, Howard is a stud, top 5 CB, but you’ve got little else of significance.  

The fact that you didn’t even mention the Rams and Packers shows how little you know.  They were easily at the top of secondary play last season. Quite frankly, the Bills were better too due to similar play at CB and better players at safety. 

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Miami’s DBs are middle of the pack or slightly above that IMO.  Again, Howard is a stud, top 5 CB, but you’ve got little else of significance.  

The fact that you didn’t even mention the Rams and Packers shows how little you know.  They were easily at the top of secondary play last season. Quite frankly, the Bills were better too due to similar play at CB and better players at safety. 

Most wouldn't agree with you but that is your opinion. Xavien and Rowe are top 10, top 5 in Howard's case, players at their positions. Byron Jones had an up and down year getting acclimated to Flores' scheme but is still a top corner. Coleman and McCourty in free agency. Drafted a true FS, Holland, to replace Bobby's shortcomings to go along with second-year SS Brandon Jones. 

Forgot LAR. That's probably the best overall secondary even after losing John Johnson. Packers have Jaire, Amos, King...?