Miami to release CB Bobby McCain.

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He wasn’t even a corner for them the last couple seasons. 

I’ve seen him and play and he’s solid. We definitely would be filling a need if we signed him. Miami didn’t know how to use him, when he played corner he was solid until Flores came in and switched them from a 4-3 to a 3-4

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Wasn't this guy captured in Viet Nam ?

Wasn’t that was Bobby McGee...

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’ve seen him and play and he’s solid. We definitely would be filling a need if we signed him. Miami didn’t know how to use him, when he played corner he was solid until Flores came in and switched them from a 4-3 to a 3-4

No, Miami wanted to maximize their defense but didn't have a true safety so they cross trained him to play safety. You cant play for Flores if you're not versatile. I'd expect them to sign Malik Hooker next.

Miami plays a multiple defense, not solely a 3-4.

Edited by DolFAN93
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

No, Miami wanted to maximize their defense but didn't have a true safety so they cross trained him to play safety. You cant play for Flores if you're not versatile. I'd expect them to sign Malik Hooker next.

Miami plays a multiple defense, not solely a 3-4.

Flores is a 3-4 defensive coach. While Miami’s defense is mixed they mainly play at a 3-4. All I’m saying is that McCain played well under the 4-3 and I’m sure Sean would be able to get the best out of him

Bobby McCain.  "I'm not the tallest player.  I'm not the fastest player."  If you need a CB/FS regardless of athleticism, he's your guy.  The Bills are trying to upgrade their size and athleticism.  They already have short try hard guys.

• Haha (+1) 1

Cutting a guy after the draft is a dick move IMO, especially a team captain and starter. Flores has this "smarter than everyone else" attitude and has given out big contracts only to cut or trade a guy a year later. Soon that schtick will get old and unless Tua turns into a star, I could see FAs not wanting to go there due to the uncertainty of their spot of the team 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Flores is a 3-4 defensive coach. While Miami’s defense is mixed they mainly play at a 3-4. All I’m saying is that McCain played well under the 4-3 and I’m sure Sean would be able to get the best out of him

But Miami didn't mainly play a 3-4. You're maybe confusing it with their 3-3-5 look but Brian Flores runs a multiple defense. 

McCain played well at his natural position--slot corner. The scheme didn't affect his play. 

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Cutting a guy after the draft is a dick move IMO, especially a team captain and starter. Flores has this "smarter than everyone else" attitude and has given out big contracts only to cut or trade a guy a year later. Soon that schtick will get old and unless Tua turns into a star, I could see FAs not wanting to go there due to the uncertainty of their spot of the team 

Business is business. Bobby has been a good player and team leader for Miami, but he was becoming redundant since Miami added younger more talented players.

Flores' "attitude" turned a bottom 5 defense into a top 10 unit. He must be doing something right. He doesn't give big contracts to players, the GM does.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He’s starting to remind me a lot about Adam Gase in some ways. Unless he starts winning, I don’t think he’s going to be there very much longer

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Business is business. Bobby has been a good player and team leader for Miami, but he was becoming redundant since Miami added younger more talented players.

Flores' "attitude" turned a bottom 5 defense into a top 10 unit. He must be doing something right. He doesn't give big contracts to players, the GM does.

I'm not saying Flores doesnt know how to coach, he clearly does. I worry more about his culture. He jerks guys in and out the lineup and not backup corners, the "franchise QB". Signs guys to big contracts and cuts them a year later. It could get old. These are professionals with families and I'd be willing to bet given an offer between a team known to cut bait on guys quickly and someone who honors the deal more often, they are going to go to option B. Is the coach gonna have my back? I would wonder about that if I played for Miami

And Miami needs to prove they can win a big game. They beat one team with a winning record last year and have a serious question mark at QB brought on by their own HC who wouldnt let his young QB deal with adversity 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm not saying Flores doesnt know how to coach, he clearly does. I worry more about his culture. He jerks guys in and out the lineup and not backup corners, the "franchise QB". Signs guys to big contracts and cuts them a year later. It could get old. These are professionals with families and I'd be willing to bet given an offer between a team known to cut bait on guys quickly and someone who honors the deal more often, they are going to go to option B. Is the coach gonna have my back? I would wonder about that if I played for Miami

And Miami needs to prove they can win a big game. They beat one team with a winning record last year and have a serious question mark at QB brought on by their own HC who wouldnt let his young QB deal with adversity 

The franchise QB was jerked because he kept running into a wall. Are you going to jeopardize the game hoping the light turns on for the young QB midgame or do you put in the seasoned vet? They can't afford to do that this year nonetheless. 

Again, Flores isn't signing these players. He's not the GM. It's also been one offseason, affected by COVID fwiw, that they've cut players after they've signed. Not enough time for folks to assume a coach's habits and hold that against them.

Did you all win a big games with Josh Allen  his rookie season or did it happen in subsequent years? 

Edited by DolFAN93