What's your top 4 pass rush package?

24 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Hot take on this topic: 

If Oliver isn't one of your 4 answers he should at least be on the warm -- if not hot -- seat...

Oliver is probably the strongest and has the best bend out of anyone not named Hughes. If he isn’t on your list you’re not doing this exercise correctly. 

Edited by CommonCents

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Oliver is probably the strongest and has the best bend out of everyone not named Hughes. If he isn’t on your list you’re not doing this exercise correctly. 

I think you missed my point...

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

If it's an obvious passing down, Obada will be in.

I agree. Unless they find a trade partner for Efe, I think he lines up outside with Jerry. Ed with be our 3T and they'll rotate Rousseau, Boogie and AJE as the 4th rusher. We will have fresh pass rushers all season. Star on running downs and I don't want to see Mario or Harrison on too many snaps. Cox & Zimmer will probably get cut.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's 3rd down and an obvious passing situation.

What 4 do you think it will be?

Hughes at RE

Oliver at DT

Epenesa at LE

Rousseau at DT

Length is obviously something McDermott was looking for.  He wants that giant in the middle to block to block the view and get hands up when the ball is delivered.

That's my top 4.

What are yours?

Trade Hughes for a day two pick next year, put Obada, Oliver inside and put Bash and Rousseau on the edge. Use AJ as a situational rusher. 

Rousseau is slippery, he has just as much value outside as he does in, until/if he adds 20 pounds of muscle. 

27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is maybe total wishful thinking, but I am going to predict that Epenesa is going to have at least 10 sacks and will be tough to keep off the field this year. He will be our best pass rusher. 

With that, I can see Hughes, Oliver, Rousseau, and Epenesa as the four on the field on 3rd down obvious passing situations. 

I'd be surprised if he gets more than 6. I think Busham and Obada are better rushers.

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Trade Hughes for a day two pick next year, put Obada, Oliver inside and put Bash and Rousseau on the edge. Use AJ as a situational rusher. 

Rousseau is slippery, he has just as much value outside as he does in, until/if he adds 20 pounds of muscle. 

I prefer Rousseau on the inside and Obada on the outside. 

Just something to think about Sacks are nice and they look great on TV but what we ultimately want to do is affect the qb Either get them off their spot make them throw it whenever they’re not ready etc. because a lot of offenses are just a quick step and throw nowadays the Length of the linemanRushing matters because they can reach around and strip a ball or get their hands on a QB without actually getting their whole body into them when they’re being blocked take a look at the length Of our rushers

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Maybin, McCargo, troupe, Alex carrington

Try to stop em

I was waiting for some wise ars to bring this up.  Shocker, it’s you.  I had a nice laugh on that one. Thx 716.  Carrington was a nice touch.  You must have been a fan of Dobler on offense as well (spitting on opposing knuckles).

1 hour ago, Flipnmi said:

It's pretty telling that nobody has mentioned Mario Addison in this thread.  Does he even make the 53?

Who?  Just kidding.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

No way to even know how many snaps he’ll get as a rookie, but I wonder what the over/under should be on tipped balls. That is one big, looooong guy! And he has a knack for keeping his head up. 

Not just tipped balls, but since he's so tall, wonder if he'll be getting tips while he's still in the motion of getting his arm up, causing more tips to go up high in the air instead of just getting batted down.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

So you never lived through the terror of Mike McBath, Waddy Harvey, Al Cowlings? Let's throw in Eric Flowers as well.

I feel like the average age of this board is not 70 so I kept it to this century

3rd and long

5 man front Hughes Basham Oliver Rousseau Obada/Addison

withMilano and 5dbs. No time for downfield plays to develop.

So sick of watching teams convert 3rd and longs because of soft coverage or lack of aggression. 3rd and long is when got em where you want em and go for the kill.

• Like (+1) 1