What's your top 4 pass rush package?

It's 3rd down and an obvious passing situation.

What 4 do you think it will be?

Hughes at RE

Oliver at DT

Epenesa at LE

Rousseau at DT

Length is obviously something McDermott was looking for.  He wants that giant in the middle to block to block the view and get hands up when the ball is delivered.

That's my top 4.

What are yours?

• Like (+1) 3

I think I'll have to see the rookies play a few snaps before including them in any pass rush package.  The NFL is a little bit different than college so I'll have to see something out of these guys before I am ready to put them on the field.

• Agree 2

my personal choice would be-   either    boogie-rosseau-obada-epenesa         orrrrrrr   boogie-rosseau-oliver-obada orrrrrrr    obada-rosseau-boogie-epenesa

This is strictly where I see things going once the season progresses, definitely not out of the gate. You can't keep talent off the field and I'm sorry but 

hughes is slow and weak compared to 2 seasons ago let alone 3 or 4.  We have some major talent in the fold now that could use reps now not next year. 

Either Epenesa,obada,basham, or rosseau have better physical tools right now than Hughes(not even going to speak on addison) they just lack technique and a vast arsenal of pass rush moves(all can be coached to have them this offseason and with live reps in season)

flame awayyyyyyy lol

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I like a 3 man front with Epenesa, Boogie, and Oliver, with Rousseau lurking a step back ready to shoot a gap in the interior.

thats a nice set 

i concur

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hughes at RE

Oliver at DT

Epenesa at LE

Rousseau at DT

Length is obviously something McDermott was looking for.  He wants that giant in the middle to block to block the view and get hands up when the ball is delivered.

That's my top 4.

What are yours?

If it's an obvious passing down, Obada will be in.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

If it's an obvious passing down, Obada will be in.

I'm excited to see him in TC. Another long , freakish build they can add to the rotation. These long guys , such as Obada and Rousseau can get their arm in the QBs space , move the QB off their spot and right into a sack. They're impact will be deeper than the stats.

I think we heavily upgraded our DL.

Lost QJeff and Murphy.

Gained Star , Rousseau, Boogie, Oba .

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hughes at RE

Oliver at DT

Epenesa at LE

Rousseau at DT

That's my top 4.

What are yours?

No way to even know how many snaps he’ll get as a rookie, but I wonder what the over/under should be on tipped balls. That is one big, looooong guy! And he has a knack for keeping his head up. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hughes at RE

Oliver at DT

Epenesa at LE

Rousseau at DT

That's my top 4.

What are yours?

Either Basham or Epenesa opposite Jerry.  Should be nice competition along the DL

• Like (+1) 1

The great thing about having so many pass rushers is that you can rotate guys in and out and there is going to be someone who can get there quick no matter who is the starting line. I do think that the coaches have been rethinking what the DL should look like. Haven't figured out what they are thinking but it is clear they want the QB to get smacked around. I think training camp is going to be real interesting. Buffalo has a bunch of young DEs and they are good. Going to be real hard to keep them off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Hughes was tied with TJ Watt for highest pass rush win rate. Bills D was 2nd in the league at that stat.

The outside pass rush wasn't the main problem. The coverage scheme was soft and the inside rush was weak allowing qbs to avoid rush and hit open outlets. Tighter coverage and more push in the middle would have resulted in more sacks. I don't think the outside rush was the main problem, but they definitely needed an influx of young talent. 

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

This is maybe total wishful thinking, but I am going to predict that Epenesa is going to have at least 10 sacks and will be tough to keep off the field this year. He will be our best pass rusher. 

With that, I can see Hughes, Oliver, Rousseau, and Epenesa as the four on the field on 3rd down obvious passing situations.