Brandon Beane on CBS Sports Radio around 2:40pm EST today

This season my favourite icehockey team made it to the playoff final. The winner of the seven game series gained promotion into the top league. My team won the first game 6-3, lost the second 0-7 and the following day tests showed several of the players had Covid. A two week break followed, 20 players in the team tested positive (and 10 in the other team as well) and when the series restarted my team was a shadow of its former self, were completely dominated and lost three straight games. Season over. The best defender on the team spent five days in intensive care and didn't play any of the remaining games.

Sure, getting Covid as a young, fit athlete might not kill you, but it sure as hell killed this season for my team and who knows when they'll be 100% again. If a few important players on the Bills get Covid it might not be more than some sniffles for a few days, but then again, it might be worse and it might cause us losing games.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2021 at 11:40 AM, Don Otreply said:

Beane did say that he would cut unvaccinated players for those reasons, I would not hesitate to do the same if I was him. Hell, we beat polio with a lesser quality vaccine, all this humming and hawing concerning this topic is why this will drag on far longer than it otherwise would, as I am want to say, you can lead a horse to water..., 

What happens to the horse ?? 

6 hours ago, Putin said:

What happens to the horse ?? 

Burgers 🍔👍

On 5/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, wppete said:

Yes, will be interesting to see if a high profile player that doesn’t want to get vaccinated will be cut by a team because of his choice. It’s is a choice at the end of the day and vaccines are not mandatory. Will be interesting to see who these players are that make that choice and who the teams are that make the choice to cut them…. 

Why would they cut a high profile unvaccinated player.  

It won’t play out like that at all and won’t lead to much discussion.  There will be some camp body that isn’t sure and if that is one of the people putting you above the threshold- they will be gone for a variety of reasons.  Players like Josh would just keep coming and going as a star.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Like Bruce being forced back too soon after a knee injury? Again, I am not saying you are wrong. 
    However, the NFL is built upon players putting their health and personal/ professional well being aside for the sake of the team. It is a fact of life in this game. 

More like Bruce missing a playoff game because he didn't get a flu shot. A playoff game the Bills then lost.

You want to champion players doing x y and z that's fine. Take that player, fast forward to next January and have that player be unavailable for a playoff game or God forbid the Super Bowl because they didn't do this. If you are still ok with that then fine.