Brandon Beane on CBS Sports Radio around 2:40pm EST today

I missed the start of it.

Beane said Diggs is a very easy going guy and mild mannered off the field.  Once he's on the field he brings an intensity that is fun too watch.  He and Tre White really go at it in practice.  It raises the intensity of entire practice.

Regarding Allen - he wants to be the best.  He's a farm boy, blue collar kid from a blue collar town.  His father told him you're either playing sports or you're on the farm.  He said Allen talks to former QBs regarding getting better.  Tony Romo and Peyton Manning he mentioned.

What do you look for in a coach?  Beane said he looks for a CEO, a guy who can see the big picture, a leader, someone who's disciplined.  He talked about McD having leaders in every room who he counts on to give him insight on what the players are thinking.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I missed the start of it.

Beane said Diggs is a very easy going guy and mild mannered off the field.  Once he's on the field he brings an intensity that is fun too watch.  He and Tre White really go at it in practice.  It raises the intensity of entire practice.

Regarding Allen - he wants to be the best.  He's a farm boy, blue collar kid from a blue collar town.  His father told him you're either playing sports or you're on the farm.  He said Allen talks to former QBs regarding getting better.  Tony Romo and Peyton Manning he mentioned.

What do you look for in a coach?  Beane said he looks for a CEO, a guy who can see the big picture, a leader, someone who's disciplined.  He talked about McD having leaders in every room who he counts on to give him insight on what the players are thinking.  

It is incredible to think the Bills went from one of the laughingstocks in all of sports and an organization filled with dysfunction and incompetence to one of the best run organizations that is looked at as a blueprint by other teams in the span of 4 years. Nothing short of astounding.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Beane will cut some players who are not-vaccinated if it gets him under a threshold so the Bills can eliminate social distancing rules requiring masks.

Of course starters probably will not be cut but if you are a UDFA and you want to (or have already signed) play for Bills you get vaccinated.

Rules are probably different for coaches & staff and likely all are vaccinated and not be like Raven's coach which caused them to not being able to use some players in a game.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beane did say that he would cut unvaccinated players for those reasons, I would not hesitate to do the same if I was him. Hell, we beat polio with a lesser quality vaccine, all this humming and hawing concerning this topic is why this will drag on far longer than it otherwise would, as I am want to say, you can lead a horse to water..., 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Beane did say that he would cut unvaccinated players for those reasons, I would not hesitate to do the same if I was him. Hell, we beat polio with a lesser quality vaccine, all this humming and hawing concerning this topic is why this will drag on far longer than it otherwise would, as I am want to say, you can lead a horse to water..., 

Wow im not surprised at this, just surprised to hear it in the media.  Maybe a message to players on the fence

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Wow im not surprised at this, just surprised to hear it in the media.  Maybe a message to players on the fence

Message to players on the fence who are uncertain of their roster spots, in response to an arbitrary potential vaccination number set forth by the NFL to strong arm, otherwise healthy athletes, into doing something they may or may not want to do.  

Good stuff ::eyeroll::

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You can drown it!

53 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Message to players on the fence who are uncertain of their roster spots, in response to an arbitrary potential vaccination number set forth by the NFL to strong arm, otherwise healthy athletes, into doing something they may or may not want to do.  

Good stuff ::eyeroll::

What is surprising/ not surprising to me is: Of all the potential negative health impacts the average NFL player accepts as the risk of doing business, a vaccination is where some should draw the line?

It was kind of a “ gotcha” question which he soberly and truthfully answered ( proverbial breath of fresh air). I salute him for saying it and applying a little pressure. This year is ONLY about trying to win our first Super Bowl. Any and all distractions and competitive disadvantages he can eliminate, I’m all for!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

What is surprising/ not surprising to me is: Of all the potential negative health impacts the average NFL player accepts as the risk of doing business, a vaccination is where some should draw the line?

It was kind of a “ gotcha” question which he soberly and truthfully answered ( proverbial breath of fresh air). I salute him for saying it and applying a little pressure. This year is ONLY about trying to win our first Super Bowl. Any and all distractions and competitive disadvantages he can eliminate, I’m all for!

I agree, its not like hes doing it for any reason other than competitive advantage, so i get it and approve here. guess im a bit of a hypocrite because the idea of strong arming people into the vaccine is pretty s***y.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I don't have an issue with what Beane said... his job is to put together a team/organization that is in a position to win.  I do have an issue with the potential framework he will be strong armed into abiding by in order to be in that best position. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

To me, and this is just me, it seems kind of discriminatory. Don't you think? There are rules and regulations against discrimination for many other things which make it illegal. Is this any better? It should be a personal choice whether you do or you don't and not forced onto anyone using manipulation tactics. Simple. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

To me, and this is just me, it seems kind of discriminatory. Don't you think? There are rules and regulations against discrimination for many other things which make it illegal. Is this any better? It should be a personal choice whether you do or you don't and not forced onto anyone using manipulation tactics. Simple. 

I understand your point .

I would counter that if the NFL is putting in a “ vaccination ratio” for team then it is actually on the league itself.

As to arguing the merits of whether it is moral or not, eff it!!!! I selfishly and  knowingly aver that I just want to win a Super Bowl and support anything within the reason to get it accomplished 💪

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

i wouldnt take a job that tried this, and i agree its wrong.  That said, i want my team to have any advantage they can possibly create, no matter how small, im on board and appreciate the honesty

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I understand your point .

I would counter that if the NFL is putting in a “ vaccination ratio” for team then it is actually on the league itself.

As to arguing the merits of whether it is moral or not, eff it!!!! I selfishly and  knowingly aver that I just want to win a Super Bowl and support anything within the reason to get it accomplished 💪

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

i wouldnt take a job that tried this, and i agree its wrong.  That said, i want my team to have any advantage they can possibly create, no matter how small, im on board and appreciate the honesty

I understand what Beane is getting at as well, sort of, but the message it sends is "either you do this or it may cost you your way of making a living" which in my opinion is discrimination. It's trying to manipulate a person to do something they may not do otherwise and takes away the "choice" aspect of it in all of this. I want my team to win too. I've been hoping for a Lombardi for 30+ years now. At the same time, I cannot agree with this stance. If they choose , on their own, to get it then good for them. If they choose, on their own, not to get it good for them. In no way should they be pressured to feel obligated out of fear for their livelihoods. 

2 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

But isn't that like saying, "It's my personal choice to drive drunk. If I die, I die. I should be allowed to do this without discrimination."

See what I'm saying? When your "personal choice" can easily affect another person's health, or possibly kill them, should it be a personal choice? Honest question.

The correlation you make is not even close to the situation at hand. This is nothing near in comparison to driving while intoxicated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 6

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I think McKenzie was a couple of people in front of me today in the covid shot line. I’m not sure though cause the little old lady in front of me was obstructing the view.

• Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I understand what Beane is getting at as well, sort of, but the message it sends is "either you do this or it may cost you your way of making a living" which in my opinion is discrimination. It's trying to manipulate a person to do something they may not do otherwise and takes away the "choice" aspect of it in all of this. I want my team to win too. I've been hoping for a Lombardi for 30+ years now. At the same time, I cannot agree with this stance. If they choose , on their own, to get it then good for them. If they choose, on their own, not to get it good for them. In no way should they be pressured to feel obligated out of fear for their livelihoods. 

The correlation you make is not even close to the situation at hand. This is nothing near in comparison to driving while intoxicated. 

I know COVID is 5X more likely to kill you than drunk driving and is easier to prevent with a quick shot.

Now football related Beane is 100% correct - The coaches, staff, and FO are all getting vaccinated or they can not meet with the players.

No reason not to do the same with the players - those that aren’t can not get together with the rest of the team.  Consistent rules with the rest of the staff.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

In no way should they be pressured to feel obligated out of fear for their livelihoods. 

Like Bruce being forced back too soon after a knee injury? Again, I am not saying you are wrong. 
    However, the NFL is built upon players putting their health and personal/ professional well being aside for the sake of the team. It is a fact of life in this game. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yep The reason he would do it is because he wants to hit the threshold the league has put out there for teams to be able to operate normally. Doubt he judges personally whether anyone chooses to get it or not. He is accountable for running a football team and the league has incentives for percentage of players vaccinated. If his team is under that threshold he’s at a competitive disadvantage ..  plain and simple. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Personal choice that can impact another person’s health.  Seeing as that’s the case, it seems reasonable to ask people to get vaccinated.  

Of course, people can choose not to.  That is their right.  But others will respond with decisions based on that choice that the unvaccinated might not like.  Same way one can say whatever they want to, but there might be consequences depending on the context involved.  In short, one probably won’t be able to have it all.

No vaccination may come with no - or lessened - access to live events for those people.   They have to own their choice.

• Like (+1) 4