Antwan Woods Released

Cowboys cut Woods today. Dunno much about the player other than he started last year, and is listed as 1T. (Also says 300lbs, sounds small for the position). Anyone more up to date than me, if we'd be interested or if he could fit with us?

scouting report sounded like a serviceable vet for run stuffing, clogging the middle.  updated weight said 320 so a little better than 300. strengths are using shorter height to get under OL for leverage.  short arms, doesnt provide much in pass rush.  very meh, but around the level of DT i suspect Beane of bringing in

• Eyeroll 1

He's just as bad as Star Lotulelei was as a Bill prior to his opt out.   Maybe that's better than Star now but it's not good enough to waste snaps on.

If they decide they want a veteran they should call Snacks.     Even last year, without a training camp and walking in off the street to Seattle he graded better in his limited snaps than Star at his best and he's only two seasons removed from being elite for the position.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 2

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You all know the drill, call 1-800-B. Beane now!

🎶Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide🎶
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide🎵

Makes me want to go to Bob's Country Bunker

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's just as bad as Star Lotulelei was as a Bill prior to his opt out.   Maybe that's better than Star now but it's not good enough to waste snaps on.

If they decide they want a veteran they should call Snacks.     Even last year, without a training camp and walking in off the street to Seattle he graded better in his limited snaps than Star at his best and he's only two seasons removed from being elite for the position.

I think it is pretty obvious they don't have any interest in Snacks. If they had when Star opted out they'd have made the call. 

• Agree 5

I'm a little shocked we haven't sign Kawann Short yet. I can't see Beane and McDermott relying on these DTs. 

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Would he come to Buffalo for 15 bucks an hour? That’s about all we can afford

They can still create space. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Star wasn't bad with the Bills. His role is an unsexy one that won't show up on the stats sheet. Did you notice how big of a drop off our D-Line had last season without him? It wasn't a coincidence. He makes the rest of the line better by eating blockers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1