The "Buffalo" Blue Jays increasing capacity to 81%. More vaxx sections, less non-vaxx

PromoTheRobot

Tried to get tickets to the Houston game at 10am, each time I tried to checkout it said Oops these tickets are no longer available.  

Checked Stubhub at 10:11am and they already had tickets going for three times the price.  Love the Jays and was looking forward to seeing Yordan for the Astros.  Guess Ill have to wait until closer to the game to see if Stubhub goes done.  Not paying 175 a ticket.

28 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Tried to get tickets to the Houston game at 10am, each time I tried to checkout it said Oops these tickets are no longer available.  

Checked Stubhub at 10:11am and they already had tickets going for three times the price.  Love the Jays and was looking forward to seeing Yordan for the Astros.  Guess Ill have to wait until closer to the game to see if Stubhub goes done.  Not paying 175 a ticket.

That’s nuts! What are Yanks reselling for?? 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Looks like they start at $350 dollars a ticket for the "bad seats."  Up to 1k a ticket for the better seats.

Well...wow. 

To be fair, it’s likely a once in a lifetime opportunity. And if you have cash like that for entertainment/recreation then have at it, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well...wow. 

To be fair, it’s likely a once in a lifetime opportunity. And if you have cash like that for entertainment/recreation then have at it, I suppose.

I agree.  It's for sure a once in a lifetime deal.   Even with a decent job, I am not in the "I can pay 1k a ticket for a baseball game" bracket!  But more than happy that people in our area can enjoy it this summer.   The cool thing is it does show that Buffalo is a viable baseball market.  

54 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

To be fair, it’s likely a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

Not only is it a once in a lifetime opportunity, but they've reduced capacity to a small crowd (6,600). When you factor in that people have been cooped up for over a year and are dying to get out and drink some beers and watch professional sports, you get the perfect storm for crazy prices.

46 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The cool thing is it does show that Buffalo is a viable baseball market.  

I'd have to disagree with that for the reasons listed above.

19 minutes ago, QCity said:

Not only is it a once in a lifetime opportunity, but they've reduced capacity to a small crowd (6,600). When you factor in that people have been cooped up for over a year and are dying to get out and drink some beers and watch professional sports, you get the perfect storm for crazy prices.

I'd have to disagree with that for the reasons listed above.

Yeah I agree w this entire post.

We really just stumbled upon this, very fortunate.

My wife’s co-worker knew we wanted to try to go, she was in on the Sabres season tix holder pre-sale. I honestly didn’t care which game. She stopped over and said “did you guys get Blue Jays tickets yet? Because you have a pair now!”. She told us the date and I was floored that it was the Yankees.

The irony here is that I’m literally the only non-Yankees fan in my entire family (Go Royals!). I’m on the adopted Jays wagon. Felt a little filthy buying a Jays cap last season but I learned to like it, they have a lot of character on the squad. 

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Up to 1k a ticket for the better seats.

Spent about 3 grand to go to N.Y.C. via JetBlue, stay 3 nights, dined, attended 2 Yankee/Red Sox games with wife, way down lower 3rd baseline. Think it was a July 4th weekend.

Clemens pitched for the Yankees then, got rocked and was gone by, I think the 4th or 5th.

Place was easily a 1\4 Sox fans, going nuts.

Quietly, I loved it. Never liked Clemens.

Secondary ticket market sucks.

• Agree 1

As is always the case, someone I bought a ticket for bailed out on me. So I have one seat for Sunday vs Houston. Sec 113. PM me if interested. You must present your vaxx card to sit in this section.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

oo7x4o7k8r271.jpg?width=694&auto=webp&s=

Hell Yeah!

I love this.

I'm in my 40s and have memories of Mark at games from when I was a kid. Glad to see he is still there, and back in action.

Dude is the best heckler too. My favorite is when he points at the batter and gets their attention, and then points at his armpit. It's so frickin perfect. The simplicity, and his flawless execution.

Go Mark, Go Jays.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

oo7x4o7k8r271.jpg?width=694&auto=webp&s=

Hell Yeah!

I love this.

I'm in my 40s and have memories of Mark at games from when I was a kid. Glad to see he is still there, and back in action.

Dude is the best heckler too. My favorite is when he points at the batter and gets their attention, and then points at his armpit. It's so frickin perfect. The simplicity, and his flawless execution.

Go Mark, Go Jays.

Totally agree!   In my late 30's and recall Mark from back then as well.   We get to the Bisons 2-3 times a year,  my kids are always taken with him as well.

Such a great atmosphere at the games.   Miss the Earl of Bud though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.