The "Buffalo" Blue Jays increasing capacity to 81%. More vaxx sections, less non-vaxx

PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Not yet, just the Miami, Houston and Yankees series included for now.  I'm guessing they don't want to sell to far out in case Canada opens back up and the Jays can return across the border.

Thank you.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Did they ever say what prices were?

I have a friend that is a BIsons STH and he got access today and said Marlins tickets were about $50-$80 and Yanks were like $70-$100. Once the deluge of Bills and Sabres STH's hits Wed morning I doubt there will be any left for the public for the high demand games like the Yanks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QCity said:

I have a friend that is a BIsons STH and he got access today and said Marlins tickets were about $50-$80 and Yanks were like $70-$100. Once the deluge of Bills and Sabres STH's hits Wed morning I doubt there will be any left for the public for the high demand games like the Yanks.

Thanks.  O's tickets should be cheap lol

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thanks.  O's tickets should be cheap lol

Yeah, I would guess same price as the Marlins. I'd say Yankees fans that are not Bills/Bisons/Sabres STH's (and there's a lot in WNY) are the ones that will have to open up their wallets for those lovely StubHub fees.

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The big question is will they go vaxxed-only in the ballpark? They could sell all 19,000 seats if they do that.

They are running 35% capacity of the max (16,600) which is about 5,800 seats per game. They have separate sections for vaxxed and unvaxxed. Capacity in vaxxed sections is 100% and unvaxxed will be socially distanced. 

So, yeah, ~6K seats per game vs how many Bills and Sabres STH's? G/L Yankee fans.

Everyone is asking about what the Jays will charge. I went to their website and looked up what they are charging for games in Dunedin. Tickets range between $44 to $66. They might change more in the best sections but because those are were sold out I couldn't see what they cost. They also might charge a premium for Yankees and Red Sox games.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

https://buffalonews.com/sports/baseball/blue-jays-ticket-prices-be-ready-to-pay-to-see-the-visits-by-the-yankees/article_07c075b6-b8b1-11eb-a039-8b48754e438a.html

Vaccinated section pricing:

June 1 vs. Miami: $60/$97

June 2 vs. Miami: $42/$67

June 4 vs. Houston: $56/$90

June 5 vs. Houston: $70/$113

June 6 vs. Houston: $63/$102

June 15 vs. New York Yankees: $126/$204

June 16 vs. New York Yankees: $115/$185

June 17 vs. New York Yankees: $126/$204

There are multiple prices for the pod seating. Wednesday morning prices show the following:

June 1 vs. Miami: $39-57-63-74-102

June 2 vs. Miami: $27-39-44-51-71

June 4 vs. Houston: $36-53-59-62-95

June 5 vs. Houston: $45-66-74-78-119

June 6 vs. Houston: $41-60-66-70-107

June 15 vs. New York: $81-120-143-215

June 16 vs. New York: $74-109-121-130-195

June 17 vs. New York: $81-120-143

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.