Creator of RAS (Relative Athletic Score) discusses Josh Allen's RAS scores

That's Rico from the Rico Report on Buffalo Fanatics.  He's on YouTube daily with very good insight and brings on occasional guests including players. If you haven't checked it out yet I highly recommend it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The black dude is a cable guy with spectrum, or was 2years ago. He came out to fix my internet on a Saturday when college was on, and we talked football the whole time he was over. SUPERRRRR cool dude

And now is he is the cofounder of the largest Bills fans community in the world. BTW he lives in Canada.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I found it funny that Bills UDFA safety Tariq Thompson registered a .33 RAS out of 10.

He plays better than that would indicate but apparently RAS scores can get pretty low. :lol:

Wow, he must have tested historically low. Where’d you find the RAS?

14 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

His pro day results aren't listed in any of the data bases. Which probably means he didn't workout, and so 0.0 probably got plugged in except for height and weight.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Doesn't his score literally mean he tested in the bottom third? 

Scores, by definition, must range from .01 to 1.0. It's a percentile thing, 100% comparative/relative to competition.

16 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I see, I do wonder how accurate those number are. 

I don't buy the pro day numbers straight up.........but they are usually inflated. :lol:   Either way,  not a great look for Tariq.   At the college level he had a little Rodney Harrison in him though.   He's physical and instinctive.   Rodney was a similarly poor athlete as I recall.   I know he ran a 4.82 40.   The game might be a bit too fast for that kinda' athlete now but I guess we will see.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/5/2021 at 10:34 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

They trust their coaches, their culture, and their player development program.  Previous Bills' regimes have squandered raw, athletic prospects because of a terrible development environment.  Fans simplistically look at draft picks that didn't pan out and assume the problem was scouting - but sometimes it's a failure of player development, not selection.  The Bills finally have a structure in place that helps athletes reach their full potential.  It's refreshing.

McD says it all the time and players actually believe it -- come to Buffalo and become the best version of yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

By the way...EJ Manuel 9.7.

Take any RAS-to-NFL-success correlation with a large grain of salt.  As noted within, however, there is much to be said for the ability of an organization to cultivate and develop that athleticism.