These Ramen bricks get smaller?

4_kidd_4

53 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Nah bruh, this is the real label stuff.

I have seen some discount stores though sell real name brand food items, but at like 75% their normal size. One dollar store i go to sells Snickers bars that are slightly smaller than normal snickers.

All I know is that my Ramen packs are the size they have always been, and they are spectacularly delicious. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have seen some discount stores though sell real name brand food items, but at like 75% their normal size. One dollar store i go to sells Snickers bars that are slightly smaller than normal snickers.

All I know is that my Ramen packs are the size they have always been, and they are spectacularly delicious. 

Huh, that’s interesting. Imma have to pay closer attention at the ol’ Save A Lot.

Couple opinions:

1)  Chicken Flavor is the best.  

2)  Proper cooking method is:

1. Break up ramen while still in package.
  2. Open package and eat one or two small chunks while still dry.
  3. Remove seasonings and pour contents into pot.  
  4. This is the tricky step.... add some water.  Enough to boil and cover and cook the noodles.  But not too much that you have to strain.  If you use a strainer you are using WAY too many dishes.  Also, if you over boil and burn the ramen onto the pot you've messed up.  
  5. Lastly, add about half the seasonings.  The whole packet it too much.
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Couple opinions:

4. This is the tricky step.... add some water.  Enough to boil and cover and cook the noodles.  But not too much that you have to strain.  If you use a strainer you are using WAY too many dishes.  Also, if you over boil and burn the ramen onto the pot you've messed up.  

I throw the flavor packet out, cook the noodles, yes, I do strain the noodles, and add milk and butter to said noodles. Yum!

44 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Couple opinions:

i will sometimes stir up an egg in mine. Drop it in there and stir it up near the end. Sort of gives it an egg drop soup vibe. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a strainer from way back, although I am not afraid to use the dirty strainer from yesterday. It's boiling water after all.

Ingredients in addition to the noodles:

1 slice of american cheese (per ramen pack) with a little bit of water left in the noodles = cheese sauce

1 hotdog cut up in slices

Any veggie that would work in soup

and half the packet of seasoning.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i will sometimes stir up an egg in mine. Drop it in there and stir it up near the end. Sort of gives it an egg drop soup vibe. 

I have done this on occasion as well.

It’s usually a one-way ticket to sleeping on the couch that night 💨 

If I'm going to eat Ramen with the package I only go with Oriental/soy flavored. Yet also use the noodles for spaghetti when was single and recently made a spicy ramen with garlic, vegetable stock and chipotle sauce and some other ingredients. I used calamari as a protein, my wife wouldn't touch it but next time going to try with shrimp and she might be more willing.

Go get some Shin Black.  There are many types of instant ramen that have flavor and could make you forget about your state of abject poverty for a few minutes.

The La Mian brand is killer. Laksa or Curry Mee.

Edited by Jauronimo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.