Broncos starting OT Ja’wuan James tears his Achilles

Yeah, I think this may end the player "boycott" of the offseason workouts.

They were already warned in a memo 2 weeks ago that this could happen.

Quinnen Williams had it figured out:

VHe3Lvn.jpg

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

sometimes you have the right to do something in a contract but it's better not to exercise it because the cost is more than the benefit

I would like to see a big deal made about this, everyone go nuts, then the team agree to pay him out of good will, but now everyone knows the deal. 

• Disagree 1

Would you trade OT Spencer Brown for CB Michael Ojemedia? Both were 3rd round picks 1 year apart.  Ojemedia is a big corner that Bills supposedly liked last year.  Broncos obviously in need of an OT.  Could make some sense for both teams, but not sure when you’re allowed to trade a guy you just drafted.  

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Would you trade OT Spencer Brown for CB Michael Ojemedia? Both were 3rd round picks 1 year apart.  Ojemedia is a big corner that Bills supposedly liked last year.  Broncos obviously in need of an OT.  Could make some sense for both teams, but not sure when you’re allowed to trade a guy you just drafted.  

Eli Gump and Philip Rivers got traded an hour after they were drafted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

My POV is why rush to help out an AFC rival?

Keep our tackles and develop them. Cheap rookie contracts are what will be needed. 

If we got Ojemudia in return, we’d be helping each other out as well as providing both players with better path to playing time.  

• Vomit 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

No

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Broncos released RT Ja'Wuan James and likely will not only void his $10 million salary but also recoup his signing bonus.

In the meantime, WR DaeSean Hamilton suffered a torn ACL training away from team facility less than 24 hours after being waived. He was more likely to be traded or claimed of waiver wire before the injury. Since the injury occurred off site, his salary is in jeopardy too.

I feel like the league and teams are setting themselves up for some big problems. So perhaps the players move to the city they play in full time so they can train (definitely not feasible though, especially for a city like Buffalo) or these guys are going to show up to camp out of shape 

30 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I feel like the league and teams are setting themselves up for some big problems. So perhaps the players move to the city they play in full time so they can train (definitely not feasible though, especially for a city like Buffalo) or these guys are going to show up to camp out of shape 

The players know the rules.  Teams want them practicing at their facilities for a reason.

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

The players know the rules.  Teams want them practicing at their facilities for a reason.

Oh I understand that, but most of not all of these players don’t live year round in the cities they play in. So you are now discouraging them from working out in the off-season. Just saying, they are on a very slippery slope with this

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oh I understand that, but most of not all of these players don’t live year round in the cities they play in. So you are now discouraging them from working out in the off-season. Just saying, they are on a very slippery slope with this

You need to distinguish the offseason from phase 1. These Broncos injuries are phase 1 injuries which would normally take place in the facility and are only not doing because players chose to stay away for covid related reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

Donkeys really getting sprayed with bad luck AFC karma lately. Mess of a team. They may be drafting first next year, seriously. They are going to be awful.

A humbled Von Miller might love some quiet WNY surroundings at this point in his game, just saying.

Edited by Nelius

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Donkeys really getting sprayed with bad luck AFC karma lately. Mess of a team. They may be drafting first next year, seriously. They are going to be awful.

A humbled Von Miller might love some quiet WNY surroundings at this point in his game, just saying. Escape to Toronto or Montreal for some debauchery, big Von. We love you, Von. Come to Buffalo, Von. You are still that dude, now come win a ring, Von.

They are not gonna be awful. Too much talent to be awful. They are like the Bills with Tyrod. Too much talent to suck but without the quarterback to be good. 

A team with Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Patrick Surtain and Justin Simmons on defense and Noah Fant, Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton on offense are going to be too good to be in contention for the #1 pick. Even playing in a very tough division. 

My top two teams for the #1 pick race are Houston and Philly.

13 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Gee,  when I was working, I lived in the city where I was working.

• Eyeroll 1