Broncos starting OT Ja’wuan James tears his Achilles

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

So you are basically saying Star is going to be a no go? 

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING about the condition Star is or is not in?  Basically the only one of consequence that held out last year, was arguably a missing piece that could or could not have affected the D last season depending on which high level meeting you were privy too 😈 and as far as I have not heard not one word as to if Chicken Wings and beer was his diet of choice or if he kept in shape and is in great condition.  Anyone?  Anyone at all??

Who is this House and what have you done with him?????

I’m predicting that sitting out a year will= a better chance of getting injured. 

I have no idea what will happen to star.  Gotta wait and see if he even plays 

10 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

You are correct - I shd have reworded it as - The NFLPA will have strong incentives to fight it instead of "might have a case".

how does the NFLPA have a strong case to fight it?

NFLPA advised players not to report to off season workouts.

If anything, the players might have a case to sue NFLPA. Which is a weak case anyway if players agreed to NFLPA advice and players decided individually. Which means players took their own risk. Not sure under that scenario they can then sue the NFLPA.

NFLPA union failed players again. Should have negotiated with NFL to allow these workouts and contract covered or a least a % of the contracts. Or NFLPA should have taken out insurance to help players if this happened to them. Stupid leadership.

14 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

He was injured working out away from the Broncos facilities.  I believe this means the Broncos don't have to pay him.  If so, players should practice where they are protected.

i think a pretty grimey move is coming her depending on circumstances. if he was playing bball, sure dont pay him, but if a guy is training in a logical manner, and you hammer him, its a dirty move.  sounds like an insurance company skipping a medical bill for something negligible.  discouraging your guys from staying in shape in the offseason at home is pretty stupid, and future FAs will be reminded of this by their agents. would they rather players show up 30lbs overweight and gassed half way through practice? weak

14 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

I don't think Rodgers will approve that trade to an unhealthy O line. He can just threaten to retire and game over.

Not sure Rodgers will want to go the retirement route as it means he has to pay back almost $30M in prorated sign bonus/2021 bonus $$$. I'm sure the Jeopardy gig doesn't pay that kind of cash.

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m predicting that sitting out a year will= a better chance of getting injured. 

I have no idea what will happen to star.  Gotta wait and see if he even plays 

If that’s the case there are going to be a ton of teams affected more than the Bills 

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

We are clearly deep at OT. Dawkins, Williams, Brown, Doyle, Hart. Plus, Ford has played RT and I believe Bates has OT experience. 

Would love a player-for-player trade, but would not be surprised by something like Hart for a 6th or 7th. Heck, if Brown and Doyle come along real quick this summer and Brown shows he can man RT, I would not count out Williams for a 4th or 5th. 

😳 hell to the hell naw. trading our best OL to start a raw rookie (even with a good camp), for a 4th?  why mess with the chemistry or change whats working for an unknown, especially in our last year of cheap qb play.  windows going to be alot tighter next year imo

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

So you are basically saying Star is going to be a no go? 

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING about the condition Star is or is not in?  Basically the only one of consequence that held out last year, was arguably a missing piece that could or could not have affected the D last season depending on which high level meeting you were privy too 😈 and as far as I have not heard not one word as to if Chicken Wings and beer was his diet of choice or if he kept in shape and is in great condition.  Anyone?  Anyone at all??

For one, I hope his diet HAS been pizza, beer, and chicken wings. His job is to be a huge, immoveable object that frees up Oliver to roam. 

Star is insanely strong, so if he kept his weight up and made sure not to skip leg days we'll be fine!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

how does the NFLPA have a strong case to fight it?

NFLPA advised players not to report to off season workouts.

If anything, the players might have a case to sue NFLPA. Which is a weak case anyway if players agreed to NFLPA advice and players decided individually. Which means players took their own risk. Not sure under that scenario they can then sue the NFLPA.

NFLPA union failed players again. Should have negotiated with NFL to allow these workouts and contract covered or a least a % of the contracts. Or NFLPA should have taken out insurance to help players if this happened to them. Stupid leadership.

I think you are actually agreeing with my rewording lol

On 5/5/2021 at 9:46 AM, IgotBILLStopay said:

I think you are actually agreeing with my rewording lol

lol...i see what you are saying now.

NFLPA has strong case to fight players if any players try to sue NFLPA. Since players agreed.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If that’s the case there are going to be a ton of teams affected more than the Bills 

Definitely.  

I didn’t think I was insinuating otherwise 

this sucks for the player, especially if the team voids his contract. 

Assuming the guy was working out to get ready for the season, you don't cut him off for getting hurt in what was probably a freak injury. Guys work out all the time at home or in local parks/tracks. It's part of being a professional athlete, isn't it? 

Man, if I was a team with cap space I would trade a 7th round pick to Denver for him, rather than them voiding his deal. 

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Definitely.  

I didn’t think I was insinuating otherwise 

It wasn’t ... but there seem to be a lot of people worrying about Star after a year off but not mentioning all of the other vets and rookies coming off of the same situation.  I’m not sure if he’s being intentionally singled out or if I missed something about him, in particular. 

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

😳 hell to the hell naw. trading our best OL to start a raw rookie (even with a good camp), for a 4th?  why mess with the chemistry or change whats working for an unknown, especially in our last year of cheap qb play.  windows going to be alot tighter next year imo

I was not talking about a situation with "an unknown", but instead about a situation where Brown and Doyle come to camp/preseason and make Williams' contract expendable. 

Not saying that I want it to happen. I want as strong an offensive line as possible and value the trenches above everything but QB. 

Is Williams a steal at his price? I think so. However, I believe Beane's goal with Allen's looming contract is to get as many cheap contracts starting as possible.  

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wasn’t ... but there seem to be a lot of people worrying about Star after a year off but not mentioning all of the other vets and rookies coming off of the same situation.  I’m not sure if he’s being intentionally singled out or if I missed something about him, in particular. 

Gotcha.  Can’t speak for them, but I feel that taking a year off as a 31 year old 310lb 1T is more complicated than other positions/ages.  I would see Eric wood every spring at my place of work for a good 7-8 years in a row.  He came in a few months after he had retired and looked like a complexly different person.  His body was completely different.  It’s not easy for these OL/DL guys to keep their weight up.  It’s a lot of work.