2022 NFL MOCK DRAFT

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just so happened to look at the mocks to see who projects to Bills. CBS and SI has Bills picking at 19? Also see Spencer Brown’s teammate at N. Iowa getting a lot of buzz. My question is if Tyler Linderbaum and Jordan Davis are both sitting there for the Bills, who do you take?

I will attempt to phone into the draft myself and demand that Goodell announce Jordan Davis as our pick.  If he's not there, best interior lineman available, either side of the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

To me unless something drastic changes the Bills should be thinking a receiver. Brian Daboll has made the point that we only have 1 first round pick on offense - Josh. I know we then spent a first on Diggs (so in terms of the way the Bills have used 1st round assets it is:

2018 - 1 offense; 1 defense

2019 - 1 defense

2020 - 1 offense

2021 - 1 defense

But I think in a world where Beasley is unlikely to be here next year, Sanders won't be here next year, and cap dollars are tight..... there is a definite argument to say they should prioritise receiver. If not receiver I can see the argument for a corner. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To me unless something drastic changes the Bills should be thinking a receiver. Brian Daboll has made the point that we only have 1 first round pick on offense - Josh. I know we then spent a first on Diggs (so in terms of the way the Bills have used 1st round assets it is:

2018 - 1 offense; 1 defense

2019 - 1 defense

2020 - 1 offense

2021 - 1 defense

But I think in a world where Beasley is unlikely to be here next year, Sanders won't be here next year, and cap dollars are tight..... there is a definite argument to say they should prioritise receiver. If not receiver I can see the argument for a corner. 

I think a receiver is definitely in the mix. Beasley is becoming somewhat of a distraction and is only on contract through next year. We could use a speedy slot guy to be his successor. 

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think a receiver is definitely in the mix. Beasley is becoming somewhat of a distraction and is only on contract through next year. We could use a speedy slot guy to be his successor. 

Yea whether it is an outside guy or a slot guy I think a receiver with speed is a need. I think it has been since John Brown got hurt last year and I think in re-moulding this receiving corps into a younger group you have Diggs who is your #1 do it all guys, you have Gabe who is a big physical matchup winner and then you add a talented young speedster..... that feels pretty tasty to be getting on with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, Mango said:

I think the Bills list of needs will be about the same next year. I don't see the RB room performing exponentially better this year. With the way McD brings along rookies, national pundits will still say DE is a major need. I think DL and CB become more of a priority next year. 

Id be ecstatic with either of these 3

Jordan Davis -  DT from GA

Stingley JR - CB from LSU (Obvious trade up)

Burks - WR from Arkansas

2 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Would love to add Jordan Davis to our defense...dude is enormous and should not be able to move as fast as he does.

Question is whether he falls to our pick or not, I'm guessing not as he's having a monster season so far.

Dude is 6'6 340 and moves like a LB.

Id assume they want him to trim down a bout to like 325-330.

Can you imagine him and Oliver on the interior.

• Agree 1

Emmanuel Sanders.................Gabriel Davis

Cole Beasley..........................Isaiah McKenzie

Stefon Diggs.......................Jake Kumerow

We have a very good WR corp.  Notice that only one was drafted by the Bills.

Canny professionals get that way by playing for at least 3-5 years.   Speed is not that important today because you seldom see single coverage.  Getting separation and knowing how to improvise with the QB is more important.  Getting separation in college doesn't automatically translate well to the pros because most of the college DB, never make it to the NFL.

For WR's, it is better to take players who have proven they can make it in the pros.

• Like (+1) 1

As it stand right now I'd say our biggest needs are OG, CB, WR and 1TDL.

Thing with IOL is that is does not seem that 2022 is good draft for this position. I don't watch college, I judge only by tankathon.com, but for quite a long time they predict two OGs in top 20 (Kenyon Green from Texas A&M and Tyler Lindenbaum from Iowa), one late 2nd round (Zion Johnson from Boston College) and then sometimes some guys in late 3rd.

I know it is early but in my experience they have been pretty spot on and it doesn't look good.

CBs and WRs are another story, there seems to be good chance that plenty of them shoud be available in the first two rounds at the time we pick.

So the NFL draft usually values certain positions in certain rounds.

QB, Edge Rusher, CB1, WR1, LT are first rounders.

DT, OG, RB and TE are 2nd Rd.

LB, RT, S and C are 3rd and later.

So Bills may be fine next year if looking at IOL, CB, and DT.  An extra 3rd if someone takes Trubisky could come in handy.

19 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Gimme an OL or the big DT from Georgia, Jordan Davis. He’d be the Star replacement. 

I would guess interior OL or DT. That seems to be our most aged positions. This roster is getting past the upgrade with a rookie mindset and is now a plan for a year or two down the road. 

Edited by ngbills

Taking an early temperature of this team's longer term needs I would say that in round 1 the positions targeted are likely going to be DT, Guard, WR or possibly in the secondary. I see guard as a possible need if they can't figure out a capable guard between Mongo and Ike this season or if D.Williams can't kick inside. I also think they might go WR as Beasley is long in the tooth and Sanders might be one and done. DT and secondary are also longer term defensive needs where they might have a BPA pick. 

Still such a long way to go but the team is in a good position to stock up long term at future positions of need or fill one of a few holes. 

Despite the fact that the Bills are among the most talent laden teams in the league, I think most fans have some agreement about where Buffalo needs to focus in the 2022 draft.  We probably need to assume that Emmanuel Sanders is gone.  He's 34 years old and on a one year deal.  Beasley also seems to be wearing out his welcome in Buffalo.  It may be that Isaiah McKenzie will be able to step in into a slot receiver role.  There are other receivers on the roster who could easily take reps at WR across from Diggs, but nobody has real deep speed.  Buffalo could look there in the draft.  Of course, they could look for a CB with some elite traits.  They could also look to continue upgrading the offensive line.  Lastly, the Bills need to find an alternative to Lotulelei at nose tackle.  Lotulelei is good, better than most people think, but he's a bit overpriced and at 31 years old, he's closer to the end of his career than his beginning.

15 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Limderbaum would be great. But I think he will go earlier in the first. Lots of center needy teams. OG and WR make sense. I think CB2 is a possibility if Levi doesn't stick around.

Dohnovan West from Arizona State may be there when the Bills pick. He played virtually every position on their offensive line, has a wrestling background and plays for Herm Edwards. HELLO…..

• Thank you (+1) 1