Quinnen Williams out 8-10 weeks

1 hour ago, BTB said:

You do know the start of the season is ~16 weeks away?

Yes but some injuries linger...

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

True.  Although I'd argue the NFL does a better job than any other league in creating parody though in various ways (hard cap, schedule design, no lottery draft, etc.) than any other league.

Now, that’s hilarious.

Edited by Mr Info

1 hour ago, H2o said:

It's not really a traditional 4-3, it's more of a hybrid Cover 3 type of defense. The OLB's will line up on the edges in many instances. I think he will benefit more because he'll have more one-on-one's.

Thanks. That was my point - I always felt he was a bit miscast in the Jets defense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May? 

I, and everyone else who needs to get a head start on planning road trips/taking time off of work/building cache with the wife, cares about the schedule being released as early as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I, and everyone else who needs to get a head start on planning road trips/taking time off of work/building cache with the wife, cares about the schedule being released as early as possible.

Especially if they get a home primetime game on a Monday or Thursday. I always try to save a vacation day or two from work. This way you can get the full tailgating in without having to rush from work to the stadium which is a pain in the ass. I also don't want to get up to early the next day as well when I am getting home about 1:00 in the morning.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

People make travel plans around the specifics of the schedule.  Easy to do when teams play once a week for the most part.  Hoops and baseball have so many games you can catch a game at any point.  No real need to plan ahead.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

Dam straight Doc.  What is there to get excited about in baseball??  I watched Moneyball the other nite.  I was more excited and interested watching the story of the 2002 Oakland A's and there 20 game win streak then anything current w baseball. 

As for the NFL, any game on any week of any season can be super exciting.  And when you gamble on it, its even better!!  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May?  But the NFL likes to act like its dramatic. 

If I HAD to guess, I'd say Bills v Fish week 1.  So that round 2 can be in sunny Miami, just in case both teams are TV draws by then. 

And they wont put NE in a good game until Mac Jones can be brought up to speed.  Wouldnt be surprised if NE's first 2 games are out-of-division, for that reason, and to give NE a chance to compete for the division.

Helps fans plan their travel schedule, no? That said, NFL does make it more of a jamboree than necessary.

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

Foot fracture at the Jests' practice facility. 

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

I thought players weren’t doing offseason workouts?

6 minutes ago, ColeB said:

I thought players weren’t doing offseason workouts?

Titans did workouts last year when they weren't allowed to without penalty so NFLPA says they all can and cannot be penalized unless it is an OFFICAL OTA for which they are telling members not to go.