Quinnen Williams out 8-10 weeks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

Foot fracture at the Jests' practice facility. 

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31388490/sources-new-york-jets-dt-quinnen-williams-8-10-weeks-fractured-foot

Notwithstanding he plays for the Jests, I am curious to see how he does in a traditional 4-3 under Saleh. Hopefully, we play the Jets before he is back at full strength. 

Chance for Ed Oliver, with the full OTA and minicamps, to really raise the bar for fellow first round  2019 DT draftees.

You do know the start of the season is ~16 weeks away?

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I think the NFL has a rule that the Bills and Jets must play week 1. At least it seems that way. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

We'll know for sure on May 12

Yes we will. I predict we get 4 primetime games (2 SNF, 1 MNF, 1 TNF) with the possibility of getting flexed into a 5th one. Just like last year.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My guess is home vs Patriots week 1.

I think they save the Bills-Pats for later in the year. Build the games up to see if NE can take back the top spot in the division. This would be a good primetime game IMHO.

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My guess is home vs Patriots week 1.

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May?  But the NFL likes to act like its dramatic. 

If I HAD to guess, I'd say Bills v Fish week 1.  So that round 2 can be in sunny Miami, just in case both teams are TV draws by then. 

And they wont put NE in a good game until Mac Jones can be brought up to speed.  Wouldnt be surprised if NE's first 2 games are out-of-division, for that reason, and to give NE a chance to compete for the division.

Edited by maddenboy

10 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

The schedule 'reveal' is kinda dumb.  Who cares in May?  But the NFL likes to act like its dramatic. 

If I HAD to guess, I'd say Bills v Fish week 1.  So that round 2 can be in sunny Miami, just in case both teams are TV draws by then. 

And they wont put NE in a good game until Mac Jones can be brought up to speed.  Wouldnt be surprised if NE's first 2 games are out-of-division, for that reason, and to give NE a chance to compete for the division.

The schedule reveal is interesting to me, at least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Just shows how much better the NFL is run than any other professional sports league.  People get excited about a schedule release.

That's a bit unfair, given the built-in advantage of far fewer games played per season. Each game carries far more weight automatically. Therefore, the schedule release is, in fact, meaningful for analysis and projection. 

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

The schedule reveal is interesting to me, at least.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I only care because I want to know when I can plan my road trip to go to a game.

The whole "schedule reveal" being a 3 hour television special is silly.

Speaking of which, what is the over/under on the schedule reveal show, on the amount of time that they will be talking about the Patriots* Vs. Buccaneers game? :sick:

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

That's a bit unfair, given the built-in advantage of far fewer games played per season. Each game carries far more weight automatically. Therefore, the schedule release is, in fact, meaningful for analysis and projection. 

True.  Although I'd argue the NFL does a better job than any other league in creating parody though in various ways (hard cap, schedule design, no lottery draft, etc.) than any other league.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It's not really a traditional 4-3, it's more of a hybrid Cover 3 type of defense. The OLB's will line up on the edges in many instances. I think he will benefit more because he'll have more one-on-one's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Speaking of which, what is the over/under on the schedule reveal show, on the amount of time that they will be talking about the Patriots* Vs. Buccaneers game? :sick:

I remember the hype about Favre going back to Lambeau just as nauseating.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I only care because I want to know when I can plan my road trip to go to a game.

The whole "schedule reveal" being a 3 hour television special is silly.

Well, I don't watch the show. I just wait for the schedule to be posted.

It's not a big deal, but it's always a fun time when the schedule comes out and you can go through and predict the season.

31 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True.  Although I'd argue the NFL does a better job than any other league in creating parody though in various ways (hard cap, schedule design, no lottery draft, etc.) than any other league.

par·o·dy

/ˈperədē/

Learn to pronounce

noun

an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

You are right especially with incomprehensible rule book, referees, hiding violations, etc.