NY Times: Increase in Diversity not going way Democrats hoped

Remember when the Left and the NYT was pushing that "Replacement Theory"  ??

Biden’s Hispanic approval rating plummets to 26% in new poll:

Biden approval rating among Hispanics was at 55% last year.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-hispanic-approval-rating-plummets

Even Ruy Texeira, the originator of the “emerging Democratic majority” theory, is backpedaling.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/us/politics/ruy-teixeira-democrats.html

• 3 weeks later...

More from Ruy.

Time for the Democrats’ Chesa Boudin Moment!

In this context, it’s worth dwelling on the leading role of Asian voters in the recall for a moment. I wrote a while ago about The Democrats’ Coming Asian Voter Problem.

What happened in San Francisco is a near-perfect illustration of this emerging problem.

Start with the fact that Asians are the fastest-growing racial group in the country and Democrats have viewed their vote as an uncomplicated and burgeoning asset for them.

However, starting in 2020 there were troubling signs of attrition in Asian support for Democrats. The Asian vote for Democratic Congressional candidates weakened in some key races, particularly in California. And in Presidential voting in New York City, the very fast-growing Asian population in Queens swung strongly toward Trump. Matthew Thomas on his substack analyzed the data:

Precincts where at least 50% of residents are Asian swung 12 points toward Trump, the second-largest shift among racial enclaves in Queens. Again, the movement was larger in areas that are even more homogenous: precincts where at least 75% of residents are Asian had a pro-Trump swing of 16 points, with over a third of voters now backing the Republican nominee.

Since 2020, the danger signs have increased significantly, of which the Boudin recall is the latest example. According to Pew, Biden last year lost support twice as fast among Asian voters as among whites. And in the November Virginia gubernatorial election, results from the AP-NORC VoteCast survey (more reliable than the highly flawed exit polls) indicated that Virginia’s heavily Asian “other race” category, which gave Biden a strong 19 point advantage in 2020, slipped to a mere 6 point advantage for Democrat Terry McAuliffe in 2021. Republican Glenn Youngkin carried 46 percent of these voters in his upset victory.

The reasons for this slippage track perfectly with the results in San Francisco. One problem has been that Asians are worried about public safety and leery of a Democratic party that has become associated with “defund the police” and a soft approach to containing crime. Another has been that Asians, like Hispanics, are a constituency that does not harbor particularly radical views on the nature of American society and how it must be remade to cleanse it of intrinsic racism and white supremacy, a viewpoint increasingly identified with Democrats. They are far more interested in how they and their families can get ahead in actually-existing American society.

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/time-for-the-democrats-chesa-boudin?s=r

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/the-democrats-coming-asian-voter?s=w

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

More from Ruy.

Time for the Democrats’ Chesa Boudin Moment!

In this context, it’s worth dwelling on the leading role of Asian voters in the recall for a moment. I wrote a while ago about The Democrats’ Coming Asian Voter Problem.

What happened in San Francisco is a near-perfect illustration of this emerging problem.

Start with the fact that Asians are the fastest-growing racial group in the country and Democrats have viewed their vote as an uncomplicated and burgeoning asset for them.

However, starting in 2020 there were troubling signs of attrition in Asian support for Democrats. The Asian vote for Democratic Congressional candidates weakened in some key races, particularly in California. And in Presidential voting in New York City, the very fast-growing Asian population in Queens swung strongly toward Trump. Matthew Thomas on his substack analyzed the data:

Precincts where at least 50% of residents are Asian swung 12 points toward Trump, the second-largest shift among racial enclaves in Queens. Again, the movement was larger in areas that are even more homogenous: precincts where at least 75% of residents are Asian had a pro-Trump swing of 16 points, with over a third of voters now backing the Republican nominee.

Since 2020, the danger signs have increased significantly, of which the Boudin recall is the latest example. According to Pew, Biden last year lost support twice as fast among Asian voters as among whites. And in the November Virginia gubernatorial election, results from the AP-NORC VoteCast survey (more reliable than the highly flawed exit polls) indicated that Virginia’s heavily Asian “other race” category, which gave Biden a strong 19 point advantage in 2020, slipped to a mere 6 point advantage for Democrat Terry McAuliffe in 2021. Republican Glenn Youngkin carried 46 percent of these voters in his upset victory.

The reasons for this slippage track perfectly with the results in San Francisco. One problem has been that Asians are worried about public safety and leery of a Democratic party that has become associated with “defund the police” and a soft approach to containing crime. Another has been that Asians, like Hispanics, are a constituency that does not harbor particularly radical views on the nature of American society and how it must be remade to cleanse it of intrinsic racism and white supremacy, a viewpoint increasingly identified with Democrats. They are far more interested in how they and their families can get ahead in actually-existing American society.

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/time-for-the-democrats-chesa-boudin?s=r

https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/the-democrats-coming-asian-voter?s=w

Asian immigrants, I'll assume many of whom come from a place with a very recent history of dabbling in Communism, likely a massive reason for moving here - do they seriously think this version of the Democrat Party will appeal to them?

It's not going to go over well with folks from the Middle East either:

The Ds are beyond delusional.  Maybe the looming economic calamity (massive global inflation, unemployment, civil unrest) will snap these people back to reality.  But I doubt it.  They'll blame it on Putin.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Rise of Hispanic Religious Republicans

by George Neumayr

The New York Times is famous for its anthropological studies of conservatives — what wags have called “gorillas in the mist” coverage. The newspaper’s latest anthropological installment is “The Rise of the Far-Right Latina.” That smearing label tells us less about the three Hispanic Texas Republicans profiled in the piece than it does the paper’s hysterical liberal bias and the left’s general obtuseness. Even prosaic conservatism, grounded in the country’s history and traditions, qualifies as “far-right” to woke reporters like Jennifer Medina, who never bothers to examine in the article the “far-left” character of the Democratic Party and progressive movement that is driving Hispanics into the arms of the GOP.

https://spectator.org/the-rise-of-hispanic-religious-republicans/

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's called turning red states blue

Maybe, but don’t get mad at me.  It was Dr. Jill who pitched the analogy.   The interesting thing is she actually considered her audience, thought about how to connect, and had those comments put on a teleprompter to be memorialized.  

Seriously, Tibs, she thought it was a compliment to compare Hispanic voters to a Breakfast Burrito at McDonalds.  

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Maybe, but don’t get mad at me.  It was Dr. Jill who pitched the analogy.   The interesting thing is she actually considered her audience, thought about how to connect, and had those comments put on a teleprompter to be memorialized.  

Seriously, Tibs, she thought it was a compliment to compare Hispanic voters to a Breakfast Burrito at McDonalds.  

This is what got you going? 

"Raul helped build this organization with the understanding that the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength," she said. 

Whatever

2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics figuring out the Ds just like the kids and grandkids of early 20th century European immigrants did by the Reagan and 1994 Revolutions - still to this day.  These are the "white" voters of today they've completely left behind.   

Racist Dems thought minorities should just vote for the free stuff party forever.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is what got you going? 

"Raul helped build this organization with the understanding that the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength," she said. 

Whatever

Dude, no, that’s not at all what I got going.  That was Dr. Jill. 

I learned at a very early age not to compare ethnic groups to any member of the hand-held breakfast family, delicious though they might be.  I really assumed everyone learned that. 

Besides, I am not Hispanic.  Dr. Jill might describe me as part of a vibrant community of potato chip vendors, as distinct as the freckles on a Celtic face,  as beautiful as a well-choreographed step-dance, and as unique as the beverage options at the many pubs in Dublin. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Dude, no, that’s not at all what I got going.  That was Dr. Jill. 

I learned at a very early age not to compare ethnic groups to any member of the hand-held breakfast family, delicious though they might be.  I really assumed everyone learned that. 

Besides, I am not Hispanic.  Dr. Jill might describe me as part of a vibrant community of potato chip vendors, as distinct as the freckles on a Celtic face,  as beautiful as a well-choreographed step-dance, and as unique as the beverage options at the many pubs in Dublin. 

She was saying they are a diverse community. Your point is stupid 

have any serious Latino organizations expressed criticism of this?