Brandon Beane interviews 5/4 and 5/5

7 hours ago, somnus00 said:

It's tough. Do you take someone who MIGHT be a great starter in year 3 (Brown)?

Or someone who MIGHT be a good starter this year (Melifonwu)?

You ask the same questions but replace with Tommy Doyle and Darrick Forrest respectively.

Beane has been consistent.  Before the draft he made the comment that he is looking at the draft with a long term view....He was true to it with the first four picks.   We have either aging or shortage of player at the two positions they drafted, even though there may be entrenched starters...This is the year for  Oliver and Epenesa to take their game to their next level and it will be the same in 2 years for these four draft picks to push the starters at their position,

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

But also said a guy like Ed Oliver doesn't have prototype size, but has "elite quickness, elite leverage, elite bend, elite strength.

So safe to say BB thinks Ed is Elite.....how in the heck do you measure Elite Bend???????????????????

Oliver has been #1 for two straight years in the team limbo at the Christmas party. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Kwai San said:

But also said a guy like Ed Oliver doesn't have prototype size, but has "elite quickness, elite leverage, elite bend, elite strength.

So safe to say BB thinks Ed is Elite.....how in the heck do you measure Elite Bend???????????????????

Don't think it is an empirical measurement :) There are likely combine/pro day cone drills/times that can give some indication of this kind of athleticism.

I have seen folks try to put a scientific spin on the term "bend", but basically I think it just

refers to a player's ability to dip and get underneath and around a blocker while at the same time curving back towards the quarterback.

Hard to say what Beane is referring to, he does take in the measurables, but places a high-value on what he and his scouting staff see as actual player production against competition on film.

Edited by WideNine

17 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Me neither every time I try and read an article (mobile) I get a virus pop up. I don’t get it on any other site just the audacy.com. 

Same thing just happened to me on my iPad. I got a pop-up (virus) telling me I won some prize and there was no way to go back to the article so I had to just close it.

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Brandon Beane interviews 5/4 and 5/5

Beane doesn’t “F” around, he says what he means, if I’m a marginal player, I’m getting vaccinated, sad he has to verbally kick people in the azs to get them to take such an easy step up for themselves, and their future as players, oh well, ya can lead a horse to water..., 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane would theoretically consider cutting an unvaccinated player if it meant the team being able to lift NFL COVID-19 protocols restricting in-person team meetings.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-gm-beane-consider-cutting-202921253.html

“Yeah, I would,” Beane told the team-sponsored “ One Bills Live” broadcast on Wednesday.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Beane doesn’t “F” around, he says what he means, if I’m a marginal player, I’m getting vaccinated, sad he has to verbally kick people in the azs to get them to take such an easy step up for themselves, and their future as players, oh well, ya can lead a horse to water..., 

Truth.

Without getting too deep into the Covid-19 weeds as we have a place for that. The Pfizer and Moderna RNA vaccines in particular are pretty darn solid and likely will end up having statistically fewer complications than folks would expect to see with our current yearly influenza vaccines. At this point it is rather silly not to get them, and I can envision Corona virus boosters ending up being a part of the worlds yearly vaccine regimens to head off variants down the road.

A few years ago I went to the Mayo clinic for a roto-rooter checkup and had a good discussion with the primary doctor they assigned me about when the next pandemic was going to hit (we both knew it was not "if") and he agreed with me that when we vaccinate against the common anticipated strains of Influenza we basically leave the door open for the strains that are not anticipated - nature abhors a vacuum.

That is why it always seems like the flu shots miss the mark on the seasonal strain that becomes most virulent. The doctor I had was pretty chill, and he said they were actually doing a lot of research around just that issue - prediction/interdiction. I also had a German doctor there that put me on a treadmill and told me, "you are fat and are going to die". Not sure if bedside manner is a focus of German medical schools.

I'm Irish so I had to wise-crack back to the German doctor with, "there goes my plans for giving up beer and living forever". If that guy wanted more out of me he should not have told me to stop running on the damn thing when I got to "uncomfortable". I am sure I could've slogged out another 10 minutes or so if I had a Bear chasing me or something. :)

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Truth.

Without getting too deep into the Covid-19 weeds as we have a place for that. The Pfizer and Moderna RNA vaccines in particular are pretty darn solid and likely will end up having statistically fewer complications than folks would expect to see with our current yearly influenza vaccines. At this point it is rather silly not to get them, and I can envision Corona virus boosters ending up being a part of the worlds yearly vaccine regimens to head off variants down the road.

A few years ago I went to the Maya clinic for a roto-rooter checkup and had a good discussion with the primary doctor they assigned me about when the next pandemic was going to hit (we both knew it was not "if") and he agreed with me that when we vaccinate against the common anticipated strains of Influenza we basically leave the door open for the strains that are not anticipated - nature abhors a vacuum.

That is why it always seems like the flu shots miss the mark on the seasonal strain that becomes most virulent. The doctor I had was pretty chill, and he said they were actually doing a lot of research around just that issue - prediction/interdiction. I also had a German doctor there that put me on a treadmill and told me, "you are fat and are going to die". Not sure if bedside manner is a focus of German medical schools.

I'm Irish so I had to wise-crack back to the German doctor with, "there goes my plans for giving up beer and living forever". If that guy wanted more out of me he should not have told me to stop running on the damn thing when I got to "uncomfortable". I am sure I could've slogged out another 10 minutes or so if I had a Bear chasing me or something. :)

There is a saying I heard not long ago about the Germans and the British,  Germans are to honest to be polite, and the British are to polite to be honest, seems to hold true, 😁

• Agree 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

There is a saying I heard not long ago about the Germans and the British,  Germans are to honest to be polite, and the British are to polite to be honest, seems to hold true, 😁

It does - I worked for big ol' Bayer pharma for a spell and they are brutally honest (or dishonest as big pharma can be) as Bayer is based out of Leverkusen, Germany. Initially I thought perhaps it was just something being lost in the translation to English when working with them, but not-so-much.

The good side of that equation is that I never really had to guess what they were thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It does - I worked for big ol' Bayer pharma for a spell and they are brutally honest (or dishonest as big pharma can be) as Bayer is based out of Leverkusen, Germany. Initially I thought perhaps it was just something being lost in the translation to English when working with them, but not-so-much.

The good side of that equation is that I never really had to guess what they were thinking.

My family is German I remember odd phrasing of grandparents.

It is partly the nature of German language.   

English has so many ambiguous words which have no counterparts and some German speakers never go English.

My wife has similar issue - pronouns - and I need to keep correcting her even after being in US for 33 years for she will use wrong pronoun for someone and I explain to her some may find it insulting.