• Oliver
    • Epenesa
    • Milano
    • Klein
    • Edmunds
    • Obada
    • Rousseau
    • Boogie
    • Other(if you're feeling good about someone else)
    • Star

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2022 at 04:58 PM

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Yes his 4.5 sacks was sure someone with his hair on fire.

Just looking at number of sacks is a lazy and inaccurate way to judge a player's value.  It's why half of this board was so bent out of shape about not re-signing Jordan Phillips.  I was a fan of his but man was he overrated.

3 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Just looking at number of sacks is a lazy and inaccurate way to judge a player's value.  It's why half of this board was so bent out of shape about not re-signing Jordan Phillips.  I was a fan of his but man was he overrated.

We can argue back and fourth, the fact of the matter the Bills agree we need to get to the QB with the drafting of Epenesa in RD 2 last season, Rosseau RD1, Basham RD2 in this years draft. How in the world is sacks overrated/Lazy to judge for an edge rusher? LOL 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We can argue back and fourth, the fact of the matter the Bills agree we need to get to the QB with the drafting of Epenesa in RD 2 last season, Rosseau RD1, Basham RD2 in this years draft. How in the world is sacks overrated/Lazy to judge for an edge rusher? LOL 

Yup, got to get there with the front 4 more often. When they blitzed it was effective at times. But the right QB will rip that apart. Hope the new blood can make some noise early. 

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yup, got to get there with the front 4 more often. When they blitzed it was effective at times. But the right QB will rip that apart. Hope the new blood can make some noise early. 

Agreed but we just watched a SB where the same Mahomes who destroyed us passing was running for his life in that SB, looked human for once! Brady in both SB losses to the Giants, same thing. It's unbelievable that people still argue this fact that getting to the QB is overrated. 

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

The way I worded my reply was snarky...didn't mean for it to be.

What I mean is that just looking at the number of sacks Jerry got (and has gotten recently) doesn't mean that he hasn't been a good pass rusher.  You mentioned Tampa in the Super Bowl.  They killed Mahomes because the pressure came from everywhere, not just one guy.  They're investing in the line to try to get consistent pressure from more than just one side because that (hopefully) results in sacks/turnovers instead of just pressures & QB hits.  Jerry does what he can more often than not but if a QB can just sidestep a bit or move up in the pocket because the rest of the line is getting dominated, then we're wasting his efforts.  It's no surprise that his best sack numbers were when we had Mario, Kyle and a good version of Dareus.

Again sorry for the tone...I'm just a big Jerry supporter 😎

5 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

The way I worded my reply was snarky...didn't mean for it to be.

What I mean is that just looking at the number of sacks Jerry got (and has gotten recently) doesn't mean that he hasn't been a good pass rusher.  You mentioned Tampa in the Super Bowl.  They killed Mahomes because the pressure came from everywhere, not just one guy.  They're investing in the line to try to get consistent pressure from more than just one side because that (hopefully) results in sacks/turnovers instead of just pressures & QB hits.  Jerry does what he can more often than not but if a QB can just sidestep a bit or move up in the pocket because the rest of the line is getting dominated, then we're wasting his efforts.  It's no surprise that his best sack numbers were when we had Mario, Kyle and a good version of Dareus.

Again sorry for the tone...I'm just a big Jerry supporter 😎

I totally get it man, I hate talking bad about him since he's been such a soldier for us but he's coming to the end of his career and although I don't think sacks is the only factor to a pass rusher (I was in favor of signing Jadeveon Clowney), These youngens are coming for Hughes' job so I'm expecting him to be even more of a force than he's been. 

• Agree 1

• Hermes changed the title to Who finishes the 2021 season with the most sacks? Week 17 update
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.