• Oliver
    • Epenesa
    • Milano
    • Klein
    • Edmunds
    • Obada
    • Rousseau
    • Boogie
    • Other(if you're feeling good about someone else)
    • Star

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2022 at 04:58 PM

9 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Going with Oliver here. In addition to sacks from his own pressure I feel like he will benefit from pressure coming off the edges and get a few when the QB steps up to avoid pressure...much the way Jordan Phillips did his final year here.

Also voted Oliver.

In addition to your reasoning of benefiting from the new edge rushers, I think he benefits in that department from Lotulelei coming back.

Further, I think we could very well have 6 DEs splitting time fairly evenly, which would mean he just has more time on the field. I see Claptain America rotating the DTs less than the DEs. 

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm hoping these draft pickups lights a fire under Addison and Hughes, if it doesn't then my guess is Basham. I choose Hughes as the beneficiary.

Jerry doesn't need any fires lit...dude already plays like his hair is on fire.  He just needs someone else to get pressure!

• Agree 1

If D line improves I'd guess Hughes or maybe Addison. Wouldn't be surprised if AJ gets in the mix. He looked better later in the season. If the Dline struggles to get pressure again this season and blitz a lot I would even throw J. Poyer or Hyde in there. They can get to the QB just as much as the LB's at times.

I don't see anyone getting double digit sacks though. If they do though it would be great.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

If D line improves I'd guess Hughes or maybe Addison. Wouldn't be surprised if AJ gets in the mix. He looked better later in the season. If the Dline struggles to get pressure again this season and blitz a lot I would even throw J. Poyer or Hyde in there. They can get to the QB just as much as the LB's at times.

I don't see anyone getting double digit sacks though. If they do though it would be great.

I don't think Hughes isn't going to see as much playing time this year.   In fact, I think there is a good chance he is traded from the team before the regular season starts.  His play has declined substantially in my opinion and he just isn't a difference maker any more.   Seems reasonable to rotate the young guys in for Jerry's position until someone really stands out as the clear outperformer.   

I voted Addison for practical reasons.   Though I am hoping it is one of the young guys who has a breakout season.   

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

I wonder if there is any other team in the league when 8 different players can get votes in poll like this.

It's ridiculous! It goes to show that the Bills D has a ton of depth but not necessarily high end talent in the front 7 right now. That's obviously subject to change depending on how the next year pans out and if we have a guy (or a few) who's heads above everyone else moving forward

Edited by Hermes

59 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I don't think Hughes isn't going to see as much playing time this year.   In fact, I think there is a good chance he is traded from the team before the regular season starts.  His play has declined substantially in my opinion and he just isn't a difference maker any more.   Seems reasonable to rotate the young guys in for Jerry's position until someone really stands out as the clear outperformer.   

I voted Addison for practical reasons.   Though I am hoping it is one of the young guys who has a breakout season.   

Jerry is our best edge pass rusher by a country mile.  It’s not really even close imo.

Jerry was 2nd out of all edge rushers last year in win rate. since 2018 he’s 6th in total pressures.  He is still a very good rusher.  He forces the ball out of the qb hands or forces him off his spot more than almost every edge rusher in the league.  He just doesn’t get many sacks.  

I think Addison will be cut post June 1st. Jerry plays up to his contract.  Addison does not. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings%3fplatform=amp

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

This is not a good take...

I picked Addison but this is a really hard category to predict, it could seriously be 6-7 different guys. 
Addison is top 5 hated on here cause of his age and contract but I don’t think that many people have ever watched the guy before last year and just read his stat page when he signed here. Last year was fluky on a few levels but we 100% seen terrible defense the first half of the season and lots of guys not in their usual form starting out the year. I think given the talent we have on this line Addison will make a few big plays. The coverage on Obada breaking out would be really fun, but our best case scenario is one of these rookies is working out like crazy right now and takes the league by storm becoming the next young elite pass rusher for years to come. 

Well, first off, you have to figure out who is going to make the team.... Hmmm?  Does freakin' Addison have a guaranteed contract? I don't f***in' know! I certainly hope the f*** not. Nobody sez it, I don't know why, While it's true Jerry Hughes had a fantastic playoff series in 2019 and couple very good games in '20, he fell off a cliff in the playoffs last year.

So, what we really should do is cleanse the DE position and go young. That's what we have coaches for. So, what's young?

Im going with five, Our third-string QB is going to have to have a procedure of some kind right around the end of August.

My five: AJ Epenesa, Daryl Johnson, Effien Obadass, Gregory Rousseau (love that name, sounds like a pro bowler) and Carlos Boogie Basham (even a better name because each name is tough individually).

We May take our lumps early, we may take our lumps late, but we're going with the f***in' plan and we're going to go to the next level if it our guys can f***in' draft!

Now, out of those five, can any of them lead the team? I have to go with Groot (That's an ideal nickname if I heard one, truly perfect!)  I love the name. I love the nickname! I love the highlights! I love the pro day film! If he runs into a problem it is because he simply isn't strong enough (yet). If this was s so, I'm going with my super dark horse in Daryl Johnson.  I don't know why he didn't get to play much last year, or why he hasn't improved, but the kid has the talent. Sometimes, it takes a kid the most extreme pressure to respond and now he has it with the two draft picks.

Its going to raining young defensive ends in orchard park this fall....pick your favorite!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.