• Oliver
    • Epenesa
    • Milano
    • Klein
    • Edmunds
    • Obada
    • Rousseau
    • Boogie
    • Other(if you're feeling good about someone else)
    • Star

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2022 at 04:58 PM

It's a disappointing turn of events but the defense hasn't had the sacks numbers anyone's been looking for this year, they've still been getting pressure, they just haven't been able to get home with it.  Two games to go in the season and it's anyone's game really. Addison leads the charge with 4 sacks followed closet by Obada (3.5), Rousseau (3), Star (3), while Milano and Taron Johnson (2) are tied for 5th. 

My hopeful projection of DRoY for Rousseau looks like a miss even though he's shown some promise. Epenesa hasn't done much and Boogie had a few flashes. Overall nothing to get super excited about. I think the rotation hurts the overall sack numbers for the individual players, so maybe it will help with the players being fresher for the playoffs. 

Ed Oliver has looked good at times and Harrison Phillips has shown more run stuffing chops than I think anyone expected. Star in the running makes me laugh since he was such a afterthought as sack leader. 

I think it's between 3 players at this point and that's Rousseau, Obada, and Addison. I'm excited to see how the D-Line  finishes the last to game.

End of update.

Simple question here guys.  Which bills defensive player finishes with the most sacks this upcoming season?  One of the two high round rookies, a second year player, one of the vets, the new guy, the under achieving DT, one of the LBs?

Man, when I first thought about this I was thinking just DE, but none of them had big years last year and AJ Klein tied with Addison for 5 sacks on the year. Honestly I could see any number of players taking the crown! I'm interested to hear what the rest of you think. 

Personally I think Rousseau is going to light it up with the tutelage of Bruce, Hughes, and Addison. At this point in their respective careers I think the vets realize they can either help the new kids learn the ropes or they can hit the road. I'm going to put it out there that Rousseau is going to be in the running for DROY, and help turn the Bills D into a truly fearsome unit. Everyone is going to wonder how he slipped through the cracks and Beane is going to further cement his status as a top GM in the league!

Edited by Hermes

Just now, RunJoshRun said:

Jerry Hughes as always!  He works so hard and with help this year should get 7!

Lucky 7! He should also draw about 7 holding calls a game, but that never seems to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Lucky 7! He should also draw about 7 holding calls a game, but that never seems to happen. 

Unfortunately Jerry does not get any after the little skirmish with the ref.

Loved how Bruce always used to call it out when a flag was thrown, and he would point to the tackle.

Man what we could do with him on this team

5 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Agree.  Ever since he went after an official a few years ago about being held so much he never, ever gets those calls!

There should be some sort of statute of limitations already! 

• Like (+1) 1

I think people are sleeping on AJE.  He was really coming on last year, and I think he could surprise some people this year with a bigger role.  I actually wont be surprised to see him start opposite Hughes week 1.  So I chose him.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think people are sleeping on AJE.  He was really coming on last year, and I think he could surprise some people this year with a bigger role.  I actually wont be surprised to see him start opposite Hughes week 1.  So I chose him.

I would be surprised if he led the team in sacks, but I do agree he's primed for a breakout year. He certainly doesn't have the sheer athleticism of Rousseau, but he is extremely coordinated, and has, I think, a remarkable ability to throw opponents off balance. Also, at least towards the end of last season, for someone whose knock was that he was slow, he sure looked pretty fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would be surprised if he led the team in sacks, but I do agree he's primed for a breakout year. He certainly doesn't have the sheer athleticism of Rousseau, but he is extremely coordinated, and has, I think, a remarkable ability to throw opponents off balance. Also, at least towards the end of last season, for someone whose knock was that he was slow, he sure looked pretty fast. 

I just think he’s going to win a starting job and have the most opportunity to do it.  He is one of the players I am most excited to see on the field in 2021.  I liked him a lot coming out of college and he was looking like a real player out there as the season wore on and he earned some reps. 

That being said, it also would not surprise me to see someone like Hughes or Oliver lead the team in sacks, or even Addison if he holds down the starting job.  But if I had to pick one now, I’m going with AJE just because I think he could have a breakout year.  

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

He was slow because he was heavier in college. He lost weight and that's why he's faster.

I swear no one ever factors this in to why he suddenly got better near the end of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.