53 Man Roster: Way Too Early

From Buffalorumblings. Some interesting takes on the cuts. I always find it interesting when free agent signing are cut especially when they were hyped to be big contributors. Also the expectations around late draft picks, though this FO does favor its own guys. Some tough choices, though I still think our DB and LB are weak, plus not much at DT1 so would not be surprised to see some vet signings. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/5/3/22417105/buffalo-bills-53-man-roster-projection-depth-chart-following-2021-nfl-draft

Cuts:

QB: Davis Webb

RB: Christian Wade, Antonio Williams

WR: Isaiah Hodgins, Tanner Gentry, Jake Kumerow, Brandon Powell, Duke Williams

TE: Nate Becker

OL: Bobby Hart, Forrest Lamp, Jordan Devey, Jamil Douglas, Jack Anderson (essentially all of our OL free agents)

DL: Bryan Cox Jr., Darryl Johnson, Mike Love, Efe Obada, Brandin Bryant, Harrison Phillips, Justin Zimmer (Obada had a brief stint as our best edge guy)

LB: Marquel Lee, Andre Smith

DB: Cam Lewis, Josh Thomas

• Agree 1

Fromm gets cut.  With Trubinsky as back up we go with just 2.  They are keeping Harrison Phillips.  He was. a 3rd round pick and is finally healthy.  Played his best ball the end of last season.  Wouldn't be shocked if Taiwan Jones doesn't make it if we can field someone else as a gunner opposite of Siran Neal.  Maybe Kumerow pulls that off?   Or another DB.  If it's a DB that is already expected to make the cut then they could carry another O-lineman like Lamp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

I have Christian Wade penciled in as HB1

How great would that be?  I’m really pulling for the guy.  His handful of carries vs backups are thoroughly impressive.  After practicing with nfl coaches and player for 2 years, I would have to assume that he’s improved in every aspect of being an nfl Rb by a good amount.  Enough to make an nfl team?  Idk, but I’d love to see it happen

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No way they keep only 8 DL and keep 6LBs.

Taiwan Jones and Reggie Gilliam are not locks in my book.  No way no how.

Fromm has to PROVE he is the long term back up or he is PS bound.

Special teams, that's why they'll make it.

Mcd really values Special teams

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Special teams, that's why they'll make it.

Mcd really values Special teams

Everyone knows that.  My point is they will have to prove their worth is so unique that they eat up roster spots.

I believe they will have competition and only 1 will make the cuts.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I agree with all of them except for Obada- I think they cut Addison and keep Obada.

They are likely on phone looking for a taker for Addison. Not sure there will be a taker though. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Everyone knows that.  My point is they will have to prove their worth is so unique that they eat up roster spots.

I believe they will have competition and only 1 will make the cuts.

Gotcha. Sorry just wasn't sure by the context of your original post.

I do think they still make it mind you.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Gotcha. Sorry just wasn't sure by your original post the context of it.

But ya I agree

Look up Hollister's Special Teams snaps and tackles.  More than Gilliam.  Got to find those guys that can produce on both teams.

I'm hoping a depth player steps up to take Jones's gunner spot.

Those 2 extra roster spots would be great!

• Like (+1) 1

Taiwan Jones should be replaced by Antonio Williams. Antonio was a excellent ST player at NC.McKenzie vs the 6th round pick. Sixth round pick to PS if he loses. Gilliam & Sweeny are on Matt Gaetz and Rudy Giulani levels of job security. One of these rookie Tackles can be the third TE     ( Lee Smith role). Beane has a lot of training camp guys to turn into 3rd day picks in 2022. Bam Johnson, Bobby Hart & Ryan Bates to name just a few. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My guess if somehow Beane makes no more moves:

Allen, Trubisky

Singletary, Moss, Breida 

Gilliam 

Knox, Hollister, Sweeney

Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Hodgins, Stevens

Dawkins, Ford, Morse, Feliciano, Williams, Brown, Doyle, Boettger, Anderson, Lamp 

Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Obada, Rousseau, Basham

Oliver, Lotulelei, Butler, Phillips 

Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Matakevich 

White, Wallace, T. Johnson, Jackson, Neal, Wildgoose 

Hyde, Poyer, J. Johnson, Hamlin

Bass

Haack 

Ferguson

Edit: Forgot Doyle (d’oh!) - swapped him in for LB Adams 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1