How did Jaret Patterson go undrafted??

Dude looked like the real deal with UB...and he goes undrafted?

Makes no sense. Saw a lot of profiles saying he was a 3rd or 4th round talent.

Edited by Big Turk

Could be a medical issue that the public is not privy to, could also be something on the tape that jumped out to many pro-scouts as being a big red flag. We don't really know what drives teams evaluations. He caught on with the WFT so he will get his chance in the pros. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Could be a medical issue that the public is not privy to, could also be something on the tape that jumped out to many pro-scouts as being a big red flag. We don't really know what drives teams evaluations. He caught on with the WFT so he will get his chance in the pros. 

There's still just more good football players than draft positions , and having prerequisite size still matters

Being 5'6 absolutely pushes him down boards.. if he was 5'10 he would have been drafted 100% 

It doesn't matter because there are tons of undrafted running backs that make it

• Agree 1

I thought his name was Paterson Beane..., 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Dude looked like the real deal with UB...and he goes undrafted?

Makes no sense. Saw a lot of profiles saying he was a 3rd or 4th round talent.

Happy that he’s able to be a professional close to his home. Let’s get it Jaret!!

I watched him quite a bit.  He's a "gamer", but he doesn't really pass the eyeball test, even against MAC opponents.  He's small and very slow by NFL standards.  I just don't see him overcoming his athletic shortcomings.  Practice squad fodder at best, imo.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I watched him quite a bit.  He's a "gamer", but he doesn't really pass the eyeball test, even against MAC opponents.  He's small and very slow by NFL standards.  I just don't see him overcoming his athletic shortcomings.  Practice squad fodder at best, imo.  

So, Clyde Edwards- Helaire? Pretty much the same size and Patterson is a little faster than him. If you can play you can play. 

In any case, I don't think he was drafted because he played in the MAC and had a dominant offensive line. The other RB had numbers that were just as good

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

5'6 is still a scary size for people 

It's ok 30% of the league is UDFA.. cream rises

He is 5'9". Pretty stocky 5'9".  And he always has been under-recruited.  His brother James (LB( was not drafted either I think.  James would make a good UDFA for Bills.

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-football-justin-winters-jaret-patterson-buffalo-413f52262a4cab873ab34f4eabdd063d

Four games into his junior season, the 5-foot-9, 195-pound Patterson has essentially re-written the Mid-American Conference program’s record book, while coming off his most impressive national attention-grabbing moment so far.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

5'6 is still a scary size for people 

It's ok 30% of the league is UDFA.. cream rises

UB boldly listed him at 5' 9".  Grade inflation isn't only in the classrooms anymore.

dane brugler whose work I respect from the Athletic ranks him prospect #195 overall and the 18th best UDFA

competetive, balanced, vision, quick feet and energy are a plus

feasted on poor run fronts and tackling in the MAC

lack of explosion and contact power does not project well to the next level  - as well as below avg size and speed

signed with the WFT...good luck to him

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

He's small, he's slow, and he caught zero passes last season.

I was going to say that he's not big, and not fast... 

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

He's small, he's slow, and he caught zero passes last season.

47 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He is 5'9". Pretty stocky 5'9".  And he always has been under-recruited.  His brother James (LB( was not drafted either I think.  James would make a good UDFA for Bills.

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-football-justin-winters-jaret-patterson-buffalo-413f52262a4cab873ab34f4eabdd063d

James is coming back for his senior season at UB 

And I've stood next to Patterson , he's not 5'9 

He's 5'6 but absolutely stout

11 minutes ago, Prospector said:

5'6 195 lbs is pretty stout. It's short but not small 

And he has good quickness. He's a 4.5 guy with really good short area agility 

Again if he was 5 ft 10 he absolutely gets drafted. Being 5'6 hurts in the draft process

Edited by Buffalo716

22 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

dane brugler whose work I respect from the Athletic ranks him prospect #195 overall and the 18th best UDFA

competetive, balanced, vision, quick feet and energy are a plus

feasted on poor run fronts and tackling in the MAC

lack of explosion and contact power does not project well to the next level  - as well as below avg size and speed

signed with the WFT...good luck to him

A 4.51 is not below average speed

He's solidly average for an NFL running back speed