Falcons declining fifth-year option on TE Hayden Hurst

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is the guy that married Stephanie McMahon.  Too much drama.  Pass.

That’s Helmsley. Triple H, not double😎. I have to say Macho Fan stole the show at the draft. RIP Dick “the Destroyer” Beyer 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

41 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Now that we've exercised the 5th year option on Edmunds, we could always tag Hurst next year if we need more time to re-sign him.

A 2nd is a bit high for what could possibly be a 1-year rental, but I dont want to throw any long term money at him until we see him perform in our offense.

But I also wouldnt hate it if we made the trade and immediately inked him to a 3 year deal.

the thing with rentals is we are transitioning into letting guys walk in free agency, so a late 2 for a 3rd compensatory is a good backstop for value loss 

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That’s Helmsley. Triple H, not double😎. I have to say Macho Fan stole the show at the draft. RIP Dick “the Destroyer” Beyer 

The NFL network guys seemed confused and thought it might actually be Savage.  That would have been a cool trick if Macho pulled it off.  “Macho Lazarus.......oh yeah”.

5 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

would be his 3rd team since 2018 - a first round bust given the Falcs passing O and the Ravens heavy TE-centric approach...doesnt excite me as stats are mediocre at best...would just muddy the waters I think

guitar slide GIF by Muddy Waters

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

So does Lee Smith.  

Offset by his numerous penalties 

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

The NFL network guys seemed confused and thought it might actually be Savage.  That would have been a cool trick if Macho pulled it off.  “Macho Lazarus.......oh yeah”.

Hell, he fooled me 

Atlanta traded a 2nd rd pick to Baltimore last year to get him.  The 5th year option would have cost $5.4 M.  He's set to make $2 M this year.  

Beane likes his draft picks.  I wonder if he'd trade a player to get Hurst.  Maybe throw in the pick they got for Lee Smith 😁

Edited by DCbillsfan

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i dont disagree, but tough offense to pull targets in... maybe the only WR room better than ours in the league

He had 88 targets last year.  That's double what Knox saw.  Double Knox's targets and he actually has the same yardage and TDs as Hurst.

• Like (+1) 1