Son of Satan, Drinker of Babies' Blood not Pleased with Philly Pick - Front Office Rift

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I hear you, but to me, 2003 after the 1st 2 games was still by far the most unwatchable season for me.

TD was a good football guy ruined by Ralph.

I know you absolutely hate Bledsoe, so i won't argue the point with you...but I feel like, though ultimately it didn't work out with him, it was a good move by TD to bring him in.  For half of the 2002 season, anyway, he was phenomenal.  And, he was a legit starting NFL QB.  For me, the Dick Jauron years, with Marv at the the helm were the absolute bottom of the barrel, of the drought years. It was the only time in my life I ever considered not watching every week... 2003 was crummy, no doubt, but (for me anyway) there was always that hope that Bledsoe, Moulds and that passing game would regain some of the magic they had the previous year.  But, Josh Reed wasn't an adequate replacement for Peerless Price.  Travis Henry was coming off a great season...Takeo, Fletcher, Winnfield and Clements on defense...there was some talent on that team.  

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I know you absolutely hate Bledsoe, so i won't argue the point with you...but I feel like, though ultimately it didn't work out with him, it was a good move by TD to bring him in.  For half of the 2002 season, anyway, he was phenomenal.  And, he was a legit starting NFL QB.  For me, the Dick Jauron years, with Marv at the the helm were the absolute bottom of the barrel, of the drought years. It was the only time in my life I ever considered not watching every week... 2003 was crummy, no doubt, but (for me anyway) there was always that hope that Bledsoe, Moulds and that passing game would regain some of the magic they had the previous year.  But, Josh Reed wasn't an adequate replacement for Peerless Price.  Travis Henry was coming off a great season...Takeo, Fletcher, Winnfield and Clements on defense...there was some talent on that team.  

There was definitely talent in 2003, we all saw it on display the first 2 weeks. All squandered away the rest of the season. That team was 100% gutless.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Rico said:

There was definitely talent in 2003, we all saw it on display the first 2 weeks. All squandered away the rest of the season. That team was 100% gutless.

Yes, I still remember feeling absolutely numb when Bledsoe threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down (against the Eagles I think), killing any hope they had of pulling the game out in the end....  When Trent Edwards does that ***** it is one thing... but Bledsoe?

18 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yes, I still remember feeling absolutely numb when Bledsoe threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down (against the Eagles I think), killing any hope they had of pulling the game out in the end....  When Trent Edwards does that ***** it is one thing... but Bledsoe?

I never liked Bledsoe in NE, but I did give him a chance the 1st year. My loathing started in 2003.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, Jauronimo said:

Its a reference to an old TBD thread.

I get the tongue in cheek I just think its all a bit of an over-reaction.  He didn't save the franchise but I can think of a lot people (starting with Ralph) whom I blame more.

14 minutes ago, HT02 said:

I get the tongue in cheek I just think its all a bit of an over-reaction.  He didn't save the franchise but I can think of a lot people (starting with Ralph) whom I blame more.

The rest of that sentence would suggest you do not get the tongue in cheek.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, Buftex said:

Unpopular opinion:  The Bills were much more watchable when TD was at the helm.  Marv, as much as I love him, was the real disaster of a GM.  Donohoe was good at maneuvering the salary cap, and brought some good talent to Buffalo... I would say the same for Whaley, though he wasn't as good at the cap stuff.  But, if either men could have found a QB (and if Whaley was ever allowed to hire his own coach), they might be remembered much more fondly.  As the great Dick Jauron (Marv's disaster of a HC), "winning is hard".  For the last 25 years, this league has been extremely QB dependent  

I personally look at the Bills in 2005, Donahoe’s last year as GM. That team had a bad defense, an aging defense. Not much young talent in the pipeline on defense. The offensive line was bad, even by Bills standards. The first round QB, Losman, was anointed the starter and had begun the process of showing he’s a bust. WR was a problem: you had an Eric Moulds on his last legs, and you had Lee Evans, and not much else. Lee Evans would have been reasonably good as a speed #2, but was unsuited to being a number one. They had no one in particular at TE. It was a team which needed to be completely rebuilt.

TD and Whaley were similar in that neither was good at drafting but both were reasonably proficient in signing free agents. That allowed both to create reasonably competitive teams over the short term but without staying power. 

After two years of McDermott, pretty much the only pre-McDermott starter left on the team was Jerry Hughes. Hughes wasn’t even a Whaley acquisition, as Buddy Nix had traded for him before retiring. McDermott (and later Beane) appear to have regarded the situation they’d inherited as a rebuild. It’s difficult to argue with that assessment. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm angry for him

Maybe it's cuz I've been day drinking and golfing

I have never golfed in my life.  I don't really drink that much either.  

My brother is 50 and he told me when he was around 40....he lost desire to drink.  I think it's happening to me now.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have never golfed in my life.  I don't really drink that much either.  

My brother is 50 and he told me when he was around 40....he lost desire to drink.  I think it's happening to me now.

I'm not a huge drinker

I'm just terrible at golf, and it legitimately helps my game somehow

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's been 13 days since you asked this question and he still hasn't responded.  How does this make you feel?

i feel undervalued and a bit forgotten.  that's on me though.  i'm giving him the power to make me feel that way.  no more.  i'm taking my life back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I'm German

So am I.

1 hour ago, teef said:

i feel undervalued and a bit forgotten.  that's on me though.  i'm giving him the power to make me feel that way.  no more.  i'm taking my life back.

Hopefully these posts put pressure on him to answer your questions.  I hate people who ghost people.