Son of Satan, Drinker of Babies' Blood not Pleased with Philly Pick - Front Office Rift

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/4/30/22413462/eagles-howie-roseman-tom-donahoe-nfl-draft-2021-philadelphia-milton-williams-defensive-tackle-dt

Tom Donahoe visibly frustrated with Howie Roseman who is too pleased with himself to notice.  The Iggles off-season has been mired with rumors of a total disconnect between owner Lurie and GM Roseman and the rest of the front office and coaching staff.  This will only add more fuel to the fire.  

https://theathletic.com/2506187/2021/04/12/paranoia-mismanagement-and-office-politics-inside-the-eagles-downfall-under-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman/

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Remember when the Bills website used to publish the "Ask Tom Donahoe" Q/A every so often?

He used to read and sometimes post on the Bills official message boards as well, under another name of course. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

He used to read and sometimes post on the Bills official message boards as well, under another name of course. 

He used to come here a lot too. As  @DC Tom

Cat's out of the bag now I guess.

• Haha (+1) 11

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Remember when the Bills website used to publish the "Ask Tom Donahoe" Q/A every so often?

How was this found out? Fascinating 

Well if they traded down with 3 spots, Roseman admitted they like guys who got picked that leaves the options very limited in who Donahue was pissed about Brady Christianson at 70,  Aaron Robinson at 71, and Alim McNeil at 72. The assumption is I’m guessing Donahue wanted McNeil and went right before them

He explained that when they were at pick No. 70 there were guys they liked on the board that weren’t there when they moved back

Interesting.

Eagles traded out of 70

Giants jump up to 71 and snag Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF

Detroit stays at 72 and picks Alim McNeil, DT, NC State

Eagles end up with Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech

So I wonder if the crew was upset that a Divisional rival moved up and stole their guy. Or if they really wanted McNeil at DT who went right before their pick, and then settled for Williams. Or both.

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting.

Eagles traded out of 70

Giants jump up to 71 and snag Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF

Detroit stays at 72 and picks Alim McNeil, DT, NC State

Eagles end up with Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech

So I wonder if the crew was upset that a Divisional rival moved up and stole their guy. Or if they really wanted McNeil at DT who went right before their pick, and then settled for Williams. Or both.

I believe Iggles wanted a CB there.

Who cares?  ***** Donahoe.  The Iggles got what they deserved, hiring that #######.  How the hell does he even have a job in the NFL after driving the Bills into the ground in 5 years?  It would be like an NFL team hiring Whaley, who also drove the Bills into the ground in 5 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How was this found out? Fascinating 

It was acknowledged on those boards way back when by a moderator, but no details were given. 

Donahoe was the guy confiscating fans' signs at the stadium near the end, so I think he enjoyed seeing what was being said. I know I would if I were a GM. 

57 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm pretty sure that was Beast ... It was one of the funniest threads on either board.

image.thumb.png.9aa0c1e9bdd67af7370f31b65c280efa.png

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well if they traded down with 3 spots, Roseman admitted they like guys who got picked that leaves the options very limited in who Donahue was pissed about Brady Christianson at 70,  Aaron Robinson at 71, and Alim McNeil at 72. The assumption is I’m guessing Donahue wanted McNeil and went right before them

If a FO really sees a strong difference on their board between guys who are there at their original spot, and the number of spots they trade back, the answer is simple: Don't Make the Trade.

If you've got 4-5 guys you have graded almost equally and would be equally glad to add to your team, and someone offers you goodies to trade back 3 spots, you take it.  If  you have 3 guys you have graded almost equally and someone offers you to trade back 3 spots, you don't.  Durrrr. 

• Haha (+1) 1

He wrecked the Bills entire culture that was built in the 90sby Marv and Bill.  All that success was flushed by Donohoe and Williams. The organization became dysfunctional and, in the end, Donohoe became Captain Queeg with the strawberries.  It was awful to watch and sit through.  Knowing the team you give heart and soul to is just going down the drain and there is nothing you can do to stop it.   

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty harsh title, I don't harbor any resentment for Donahoe.  Seems like a pretty decent man who spent more of Wilson's money than Ralph was comfortable with.  The Losman pick didn't work out but its not the first time a QB disappointed.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HT02 said:

Pretty harsh title, I don't harbor any resentment for Donahoe.  Seems like a pretty decent man who spent more of Wilson's money than Ralph was comfortable with.  The Losman pick didn't work out but its not the first time a QB disappointed.

Its a reference to an old TBD thread.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1