Is Jerry Hughes a future Wall of Famer?

Hughes WOF ?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Hughes

• Yes
    • No

He's definitely a gamer. Dude gives it his all on every play and that's why early on he would lose his mind when the refs didn't call holding.

At this point for him to get on the wall, I think he'd need to get a sack in the superbowl or something.

He has been a leader of some pretty good defenses here even when we did not make the playoffs. He has been a good team guy and a huge part of breaking ending the drought. It is noteworthy that our first two playoff appearances, the defense carried us there. Just from a pure leadership perspective in breaking the streak, I say yes. 

But he is a distant 3rd behind Fred and Kyle. 

1 hour ago, fridge said:

He's definitely a gamer. Dude gives it his all on every play and that's why early on he would lose his mind when the refs didn't call holding.

At this point for him to get on the wall, I think he'd need to get a sack in the superbowl or something.

Yup, he does give it his all. Still believe that incident with the ref back then still to this day follows him and at times he gets treated a little different. 

Aaron Schobel deserves it more on a statistics level, but he was never really much of a leader. As much as I LOVE Fred Jackson, there are guys like Travis Henry who had much better careers. Like someone mentioned earlier let's see how the next couple years play out. I voted no, but I could've easily rationalized enough to vote Yes too.

7 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I don't think he will unless he finishes extremely strong his last however many years here.

He has been rock solid, but not exceptional. I feel he and Schobel would have similar shots at making it and I don't see either getting there even though I really like both players. Hope I'm wrong honestly.

Then again Hansen is in and purely statwise (which I do not think is the end-all-be-all) I don't see him all that much higher above either.

You make a great point. Imo Schobel was a clearly superior player to Hansen. I'm saying not even close. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You make a great point. Imo Schobel was a clearly superior player to Hansen. I'm saying not even close. 

Was too young to remember watching Hansen play, but can definitely recall Schobel being very solid consistently. 

It’s a shame he never got much more than Kelsay/Denny (sp?) across from him - just missed Jerry & Mario by a few years. 

IMO next defensive lineman on the Wall is probably Kyle Williams. The blue collar style, longevity, leadership, and fact that he symbolizes the transition to this post-Drought era, all make it a lock. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Not before Fred or Kyle... probably not after then either. 

Is the Wall for being an exceptional Bills player for being a really nice guy.

Kyle yes.  Fred and Hughes no.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is the Wall for being an exceptional Bills player for being a really nice guy.

Kyle yes.  Fred and Hughes no.

Fred Jackson deserves it because he was the best player on terrible teams; who’s previous best player was the punter. He held the team together for a long time. Same with Kyle Williams.

Hughes is a good player, who got a nice second chance with the Bills, but he’s never been a real consistent game changer. Fan favorite for sure, but he’s never been the best player on this team, let alone the defensive unit.