Draft grades are in

Chart shows a compilation of draft grades.  We all know that there’s limited value in immediate draft grades, but they’re something to discuss now that we are entering the post draft NFL void.  Flame away 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

It's a thing I guess?  It really was the most boring draft I can remember, and i've been watching them a very long time.  The Bills picks weren't glamorous, but this is really the first time in a long time that they could really go BPA.  It reminds me a little of 1991 when the Bills took Henry Jones & Phil Hansen, and a bunch of JAGs.  They had a great roster already, and I remember thinking, what are either of these guys going to do?

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Chart shows a compilation of draft grades.  We all know that there’s limited value in immediate draft grades, but they’re something to discuss now that we are entering the post draft NFL void.  Flame away 

I definitely don't think there's a ton of value in these like most others, but it's interesting. Anyone know if they factor in draft position?  Moving 30th to 18th ranking would be pretty good if that's how it works.

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

I definitely don't think there's a ton of value in these like most others, but it's interesting. Anyone know if they factor in draft position?  Moving 30th to 18th ranking would be pretty good if that's how it works.

They don't.  Teams with fewer picks were dinged with the bottom 3 being the rams, seattle, and houston.

Also ignored is the fact that chicago lost a 1st round pick to acquire the player that is giving them such a high mark.  So...

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They're in.

Very silly this early, but in. 

About three years from now we'll know how good the draft actually was.

Fun to talk about now, though. That's fair enough, but it doesn't mean anything.

And by the way, ever notice how the teams with two 1sts are always near the top for being smart? And the teams with few early picks ... nobody thinks they picked well. And the teams with higher picks tend towards the top of the rankings as they generally have splashier picks?

All part of the fun, but it's all silly.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Was "boring" for alot of folks but man 2 pass rushers right up front excited me like no other. Teams that bought toys without the fundamentals in place had "fun" drafts, but now the funs over for them. Like Cinci passing on Sewell, exciting? Proli, but that going to haunt them for a while. Have they already forgot what they did to Carson Palmer? Did they miss what happened to Luck, or Darnold to a lesser extent? Glad my FO gets it. I'll have my fun in season, over the first 2 days of the draft pleaseeeee

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Interesting that these scores also matched up with what most of us were feeling: the AFC East teams helped themselves greatly in this draft, along with Cleveland having a good draft.

As McDermott has stated: every year we start again - working our way to the Super Bowl - Go Bills!

26 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

It's a thing I guess?  It really was the most boring draft I can remember, and i've been watching them a very long time.  The Bills picks weren't glamorous, but this is really the first time in a long time that they could really go BPA.  It reminds me a little of 1991 when the Bills took Henry Jones & Phil Hansen, and a bunch of JAGs.  They had a great roster already, and I remember thinking, what are either of these guys going to do?

What’s not glamorous about a 6’7” DE? 

Or an active, versatile DE? 

Some if our other picks are certainly interesting prospects. 

What makes for a glamorous pick anyway?

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There's nothing more inane than instant draft grades. Talk to me in three years.

I will. 

PM me with the best number to reach you at. 

• Haha (+1) 1

For the most part all these draft evaluators are information accumulators rather than talent evaluators.  They determine the scores of each team based on their predetermined value of the players metrics and stats and the closer a team's draft is to their personal evaluation the higher the score. 

If they are so good at the draft its a wonder teams aren't rushing to hire them for their open GM slots.  Maybe except for Mike Mayock who hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his picks with the Raiders.  So I don't listen too much to these "experts".   My view of GM's is past performance IS a predictor of future performance.    

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

What’s not glamorous about a 6’7” DE? 

Or an active, versatile DE? 

Some if our other picks are certainly interesting prospects. 

What makes for a glamorous pick anyway?

I expect you know what I mean

Glamorous would be a star RB or WR or even TE, maybe a stud 1 Tech, or anyone who would be day 1 starters.

I’m not a fan of just after the fact draft grades.  They really IMO reinforce the grader’s opinion of the players drafted and their perception of how the draft matches the team’s needs (which may not pair up with the team’s perceived needs)

But I’m 😂 at the guys giving out “F”s

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

I expect you know what I mean

Glamorous would be a star RB or WR or even TE, maybe a stud 1 Tech, or anyone who would be day 1 starters.

There are many words to describe 1TDT.

Glamorous isn’t usually one of them.

11 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I think the more interesting exercise is to now grade the draft from 3 years ago. Josh Allen, Edmunds. A+ draft. 

Actually the most interesting would be to compare our current evaluation of that draft, with the day-after draft grades.

• Haha (+1) 1