Being called a racist

22 minutes ago, The Governor said:

If you can’t see how the system benefits white, married couples that own homes and have children, then I guess we really do have a “systemic” problem in this country.

The ‘system’ benefits people who work hard and make good choices. As it should.

Home ownership is a reasonably wise investment, thus a good choice.

Having a partner in any way shape or form, to help raise a family so you aren’t on your own is a good choice.

if there were more effort spent on trying to raise the values of disadvantaged SES as opposed to vilify those values that have proven to lead to success repeatedly, we’d actually be seeing real ‘progress’, Instead of this train wreck rolling downhill towards a cliff we have now. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Those appear to be random words

Care to explain?

And how is that people with more pigment in their skin vote differently than people with less? Isn’t that in and of itself racist? How do left handed people vote? Tall people? Blondes?

They studied it, figured out how black people voted more, and attacked those methods. Denying that obvious fact is racist 

3 hours ago, Irv said:

I don’t like Biden calling me systematically racist.  I don’t think America is a racist country.  I don’t understand how this clown gets away with calling all White people racists.  What a jerk.  

Ya well....my boss will not hire a person of color and my neighbor who is an upstanding citizen and serves the public in many ways...well get 5 beers in him and he will explain how black people should be slaves again. 

When these events are rare instead of commonplace...you can continue your angst....

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They studied it, figured out how black people voted more, and attacked those methods. Denying that obvious fact is racist 

Ugh!  I think what they were targeting (if they were at all) was people who were anticipated to vote for Democrats!  It's a chicken and egg thing.  So....why would people with darker skin vote for a particular political party?  Care to attempt an answer?

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

If you can’t see how the system benefits white, married couples that own homes and have children, then I guess we really do have a “systemic” problem in this country.

The 'system' (otherwise known as the Tax Code) benefits EVERYONE that is married, has children, and owns a home.  Nice try throwing in the 'white' thing.  I don't recall that being a line on my tax form.  However....if you're lobbying for the simplification of the Tax Code, getting rid of all deductions, and moving towards a flat tax....you'll get a big thumbs up from me!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Governor said:

If there are jobs out there to be had and you decide to sit on your behind and play video games or decide to follow what you have learned by taking advantage of the systems put in place to have benefits given to you (in times of need) rather than earn or work for what you get how is that systemic problem .

The only thing systemic with that is those that put welfare & such things in place to help people in times of need then allowing it to be taken advantage of by those that are lazy and would rather lie about their situation & sit home rather than earn their way .

Maybe they need to have it so that if your going to accept gov't assistance you need to perform a job for those monies giving to you for these gov't perks . Plus take drug tests while accepting gov't assistance and show receipts for purchases .

I do a federally monitored job & have to do randoms and prove where i've been with paper work why shouldn't they ? Maybe that's the motivation they need to get off their behinds & get a job. 

I remember at one point in my life when the minimum wage was $3.85 a hr and could have gotten hired at that amount i would have made more money staying on welfare (talk about a systemic incentive) but i decided to move to find better paying work which i believe is called motivation to do better . I did that and found a better paying job rather than depend on the gov't entitlement of welfare .

The same is happening today for some that are less than motivated it is easier to stay home play video games and play the system to do so by saying you have or are disabled so you can stay on gov't assistance or take these extended unemployment benefits and stay home rather than get another job .

Just yesterday i talked to a man that can't find people to hire because they are sitting home taking the extended benefits given out for unemployment rather than go to work so if there are jobs and you decide not to take them in that situation who's fault is it ? It is systemic for sure the system allowing you to be lazy ! 

Which some Americans have become very good at being .

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh!  I think what they were targeting (if they were at all) was people who were anticipated to vote for Democrats!  It's a chicken and egg thing.  So....why would people with darker skin vote for a particular political party?  Care to attempt an answer?

The 'system' (otherwise known as the Tax Code) benefits EVERYONE that is married, has children, and owns a home.  Nice try throwing in the 'white' thing.  I don't recall that being a line on my tax form.  However....if you're lobbying for the simplification of the Tax Code, getting rid of all deductions, and moving towards a flat tax....you'll get a big thumbs up from me!

Black people vote 90% Democratic, so its both. Nice way to try and deflect.

4 hours ago, Irv said:

I don’t like Biden calling me systematically racist.  I don’t think America is a racist country.  I don’t understand how this clown gets away with calling all White people racists.  What a jerk.  

You understand that you are not a system, right? But it seems like you are taking personally when someone says that mortgage policy, or property taxes, or the criminal justice system were setup for racist purposes. 

37 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Ya well....my boss will not hire a person of color and my neighbor who is an upstanding citizen and serves the public in many ways...well get 5 beers in him and he will explain how black people should be slaves again. 

When these events are rare instead of commonplace...you can continue your angst....

We won a floor hockey tournament once and we got like, a hundred dollars or something. I joked to the managers of the place that I was going to donate the money to the united ***** College Fund and oh boy did he go nuts. Pulled out a lighter and wanted to burn the money. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The ‘system’ benefits people who work hard and make good choices. As it should.

Home ownership is a reasonably wise investment, thus a good choice.

Having a partner in any way shape or form, to help raise a family so you aren’t on your own is a good choice.

if there were more effort spent on trying to raise the values of disadvantaged SES as opposed to vilify those values that have proven to lead to success repeatedly, we’d actually be seeing real ‘progress’, Instead of this train wreck rolling downhill towards a cliff we have now. 

You don't seem to understand that millions of hard working black families were deprived of billions of dollars of generational wealth after Brown v. Board of Education due to racist mortgage and property tax laws. Families that made all the right choices. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You don't seem to understand that millions of hard working black families were deprived of billions of dollars of generational wealth after Brown v. Board of Education due to racist mortgage and property tax laws. Families that made all the right choices. 

Don't forget insurance

racial-inequality-insurance.png

Edited by Melon
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Where do you live? That sounds horrible, how are you still there? A decent human being would make sure that kind of information is public knowledge instead of posting it here so these horrible people can keep hurting others.

3 minutes ago, Melon said:

Don't forget insurance

And this is the definition of intentional ignorance. The rates are not related to color of the person but the areas risk. If it was due to the color of the person someone would simply price the product better and get all the business from that area. My insurance rate is awesome because I live in an extremely safe area while my brother lives in a higher crime area and his is higher, is that because of his color? The best part is my area is much more diverse than his area.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are still way too many people in this country, white people, that hate black people just because of the color of their skin.  There are still too many white and black people that hate Asian-Americans just because they look different.  And denying that is the problem.  

It's funny how many BLM signs you see on people's lawns in affluent suburban neighborhoods. 

You don't see nearly as many of those signs on lawns in the urban, lower property value areas. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

What is generational wealth? 

The only thing I own that is inherited as of yet is a plastic model of my Grammys 57 Chevy.  A very small segment of the population receives generational wealth and even if they do, it’s not transferred from your elders until you’re already in your 50’s or 60’s.  Mortgage practices were reformed  40 or 50 years ago. 

Plenty of immigrants come here with nothing except a good work ethic and family values and they succeed. Many even more disadvantaged due to language skills or education gaps. Why is it their cultures drive them to succeed? 

The culture of acceptability around single parent households, having all kinds of kids you can’t support, welfare dependency is today’s problem and it is a fundamental problem across all demographics. It’s the number 1 indicator of poverty no matter what you look like. 

Family, hard work. Everything else is an excuse at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Melon said:

Don't forget insurance

Umm, they realize rates are determined by a lot more than, driving record right? It’s is the most mathematically derived pricing structure there is. 

The models include Likelihood of vandalism, theft, crime, of encountering uninsured drivers, commute distance, likelihood of accident based on population density? 

Geico doesn’t ask what your neighbors look like when giving a quote. 

I see this behavior pattern all the time; here is what I believe so how can I manipulate data to prove it. This isn’t science.  

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

Criminal justice system.

The tax code.

The HC system discriminates against people that don’t have children.

We should definitely look for a leader with fresh ideas who hasn't spent five decades intimately involved in the criminal justice system, the tax code, and health care.

Or, let's be bold and get a lifer who has become quite wealthy, and brought his family along for the ride in the Bentley.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

I’m not sure how you can associate with such people and look yourself in the mirror.