1. Chiefs 2. Browns 3. Bills

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If I get 5/2 for Cleveland to make the playoffs I'd take it. $50 charity bet. If I lose I pay $50 to a charity of your choice. If you lose you pay $175 to a charity of my choice.

How are you thinking you get 5/2 on the second best team in the AFC to make the playoffs lol

you get 2/5

Just now, GoBills808 said:

How are you thinking you get 5/2 on the second best team in the AFC to make the playoffs lol

you get 2/5

I don't think they are the 2nd best team in the AFC. I think they are the 3rd best team. You said 5/2. I don't get decimal odds. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If I get 5/2 for Cleveland to make the playoffs I'd take it. $50 charity bet. If I lose I pay $50 to a charity of your choice. If you lose you pay $175 to a charity of my choice.

$175?

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they are the 2nd best team in the AFC. I think they are the 3rd best team. You said 5/2. I don't get decimal odds. 

5/2 to miss playoffs

2/5 to make playoffs

should be decent odds if you are as high on Browns as OP seems to be

Basing the Browns being better than us based on what happened vs KC is ridiculous. We had a better record against superior opponents. We are probably the better team based on our QB being a full level above theirs. It is not a given by any means but I would guess we are ahead of Cleveland on all the Vegas boards 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Basing the Browns being better than us based on what happened vs KC is ridiculous. We had a better record against superior opponents. We are probably the better team based on our QB being a full level above theirs. It is not a given by any means but I would guess we are ahead of Cleveland on all the Vegas boards 

We are by quite a margin

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Coming into last season the Bills hadn't won the AFCE since 1995.  That didn't stop them from winning it last year.

The Steelers finished 12-4, the Browns and Ravens both finished 11-5.  While the Brown did finish 3rd last year, that's a bit deceptive taken out of context.  They were one game behind Pittsburgh and had the same record as the Ravens.  They are right there in the AFCN and I think they will win the division this year.

If my thread has caused you some emotional distress Jauronimo,  my sincere apologies, sir.

The Bills WON the division last year which is a lot different than coming in 3rd.  In fact, they swept it.    The Browns went 1-3 against the only decent teams in the NFC North and were swept by the Ravens.  I am not convinced the Stillers are just going to roll over and die.  I don't think the Browns are Vegas the favorite to win their own division let alone 2nd best in the AFC.   

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

5/2 to miss playoffs

2/5 to make playoffs

should be decent odds if you are as high on Browns as OP seems to be

I don't bet odds on. But the Browns will make the playoffs.

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

Do 7 teams make the playoffs from the AFC in 2021?  Or was that a one off?

Yea. 7 teams.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was just replying to your quote.

But we are still starting Levi Wallace/Dane, Feliciano, Star, Addison, Ford/Ike/lamp, Knox, motor/Moss.  

I would consider each of them below average starters.  

who is a below average starter for the Browns?  Their SLB Jacob Phillips, that will barely play now?  Who else?  Ronnie Harrison, who might be replaced by Delpit or LeCounte at some point?  Billings? Maybe 3 players imo.  It’s a very solid roster.  Ours is too, don’t get me wrong.  But advantage Browns on overall talent, imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I am now withdrawing from the field of battle. 

I appreciate the reasoned responses from many.

I stand by my OP.

Wouldn't the world be boring if we all thought the same way?

🍻

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Football doesn't work like that. What happened one week has no bearing on what happens the next. There is no way to logically justify that because Team X played better than Team Y in consecutive weeks against Team Z that therefore Team X would beat Team Y if they had played.

That’s not what I was saying in my post.

Cleveland’s defense has demonstrated the ability to contain the Chiefs offense. The Bills defense has not. Until or unless that changes the Browns are more likely to be able to make it past the Chiefs than are the Bills. 

The fact that Josh is THAT much better than Baker isn’t everything but it’s the most important factor as to why they won’t eclipse Buffalo, likely ever.

Browns came close to beating Henne...

Meanwhile how did they look in their two games vs the Ravens who the Bills completely smothered defensively.

In two games vs the Ravens, the Browns gave up 85 points and lost both.

The Bills allowed 3 points, the Browns 42.5 per game, so forgive me for thinking this entire argument is a giant steaming pile of garbage basing it on the fact they signed an underachieving DE and drafted a bunch of unproven players just like everybody else did. As if them filling holes in the draft is somehow better than the Bills addressing their need at the edge.

If you’re going to cherry pick how they did vs the Chiefs, while still LOSING, without a full game of Mahomes, then you can’t neglect how they got completely owned by the Ravens while Buffalo did the polar opposite not even allowing a single TD.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Disagree 1