1. Chiefs 2. Browns 3. Bills

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Baker is good.  Anyone who says otherwise is hating at this point.  

I don’t see elite in him though.  

I don’t think he could do what Josh Allen did against Indy in the WC Game.  

Baker plays well within the offense.   Allen, Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers elevate the offense.   

Baker doesn’t have to be elite for them to succeed imo. He can be good or better and they will go far with a much balanced roster. 

There was many times this past season where I thought Josh had to carry us and bail us out. 

Two years ago I wasn’t as worried because their coaching staff was a joke. Yet they still battled us tough and we came away on the losing end. They are better in that aspect as well. 

I think behind Kc , you could interchange us with them and vice versa for number two. We can’t really underestimate the threat they are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think the Browns will have a better record than the Bills, but I also don't think the Browns will miss the playoffs.

EDIT: I do think the Browns have leapfrogged the Ravens.

Those odds should be very attractive then

4 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

This the chiefs were cruising in that game until

mahomes got injured 

Did people even watch the Chiefs vs Browns playoff game? 

Chiefs were up 19-10 when Mahomes got injured midway through the 3rd Quarter. 

Mahomes did not miss much of the game. The Chiefs were not dominating even when Mahomes was in. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Did people even watch the Chiefs vs Browns playoff game? 

Chiefs were up 19-10 when Mahomes got injured midway through the 3rd Quarter. 

Mahomes did not miss much of the game. The Chiefs were not dominating even when Mahomes was in. 

They had like 300 yards of offense in the first half, they were absolutely dominating the Browns

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If only the NFL always followed in the order of who has the best QB. Until Josh Allen is better than Mahomes we never have a chance. Rodgers and GB must have been in every super bowl the past 5-10 years. 
it is hard to argue against teams around us improved more than we did. CLE most definitely did and a wild card is if OBJ can contribute as well. MIA always added a lot of pieces though is not scary and more limited with Tua. 

• Agree 2

Is Josh Allen still > than Baker Mayfield by a wide margin???

Then everything else doesn't matter bc top to bottom the rest of their roster isn't that much better than Buffalo's (if it is, apparently OP is one of those crystal ball guys who can see how draft picks will impact year 1, pretty sure he had Gabriel Davis penciled in for contributing 7 TD catches year 1, right???), and the QB position as pointed out by everybody else is THAT much more important than every other position.

It's pretty cool that OP thinks Cleveland's draft picks will automatically make more of an impact than Beane's decision to address the weakest spot on The Bills... the pass rush... lemme get those lotto numbers when you're done.

Nevermind McDermott > Stefanski by a flipping mile as well.

I agree 💯.  The browns have a more complete roster than we do.  I don’t think it’s really even that close tbh.  Compare player to player. Position by position.  We have them beat @ Safety, cb1, LB 1-2, a couple WR spots.  That’s about it imo.  They have us beat everywhere on the OL, DL, RB, TE.  Ward and Newsome are a nice CB pairing. JOK, imo, is going to be a difference maker on that D.  They killed the draft.

But we have QB17, so we win.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns were one of the most frustrating teams in the draft for me. At least in rounds 1 and 2. They took two players I would’ve liked to see in McD’s defense right before we picked. More so Newsome than JOK. But what can you do? I’m pleased Beane attacked our biggest weakness in the draft (pass rush) and added a speed receiver/returner later. 

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If only the NFL always followed in the order of who has the best QB. Until Josh Allen is better than Mahomes we never have a chance. Rodgers and GB must have been in every super bowl the past 5-10 years. 
it is hard to argue against teams around us improved more than we did. CLE most definitely did and a wild card is if OBJ can contribute as well. MIA always added a lot of pieces though is not scary and more limited with Tua. 

No, It's about having an elite QB. You don't need THE best QB, but you do need generally a top 5-10 QB to pull it off.... Every now and again a Foles or Flacco comes along, but it's generally not a recipe for sustained success.

Even then, still not convinced Mahomes IS better than Josh, he's just sustained that level of play over multiple seasons.  Give both QBs Travis Kelce to compliment their #1 WR and then we can talk about who's better.  Josh is certainly more durable, much tougher to take down, elusive, more of a dual threat, and literally brings everything to the table Mahomes does as a passer.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

14 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Saying that the Browns can never be better than the Bills because we have Josh Allen and they have Baker Mayfield is a ridiculous opinion that simply can not be supported.  Football is a team sport.  Is the QB the most important player on the team?  Absolutely.  Is having the best QB the only way to win in this league?   Of course not.

Who is saying “the Browns can NEVER be better than the Bills because they have Josh Allen?”  It’s not like the Bills have a QB and the jets 2020 roster!  With comparable rosters, the Bills will be better than the Browns because of Josh Allen. I don’t think anyone can argue that the Browns roster and depth are that much better than the Bills’ roster, even if you do feel that they have superior talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

My thinking is that the Browns actually have the best roster in the NFL. That secondary could be something special as well, with grant delpit coming in. Has to em the ingredients to be the best defense since the Hawks SB team. You put Allen or Mahomes on that roster and it’s capable of going 16-0.

I think the Bills, if they get a nice leap from AJE and Cody Ford, have the 2nd best roster on the AFC

I'd add Knox, Oliver and Edmunds to your list.

All needing to step up. It's now or......never?

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Is Josh Allen still > than Baker Mayfield by a wide margin???

Then everything else doesn't matter bc top to bottom the rest of their roster isn't that much better than Buffalo's (if it is, apparently OP is one of those crystal ball guys who can see how draft picks will impact year 1, pretty sure he had Gabriel Davis penciled in for contributing 7 TD catches year 1, right???), and the QB position as pointed out by everybody else is THAT much more important than every other position.

It's pretty cool that OP thinks Cleveland's draft picks will automatically make more of an impact than Beane's decision to address the weakest spot on The Bills... the pass rush... lemme get those lotto numbers when you're done.

Nevermind McDermott > Stefanski by a flipping mile as well.

Your arguments have convinced me.  The Browns can never be better than the Bills because we have Josh Allen and they have Baker Mayfield.

Nothing else matters.

I'm not even sure why the other 52 guys are on the roster to be honest.

Now please excuse me while I get back to my crystal ball and lotto numbers.

• Eyeroll 3

4 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

No, It's about having an elite QB. You don't need THE best QB, but you do need generally a top 5-10 QB to pull it off.... Every now and again a Foles or Flacco comes along, but it's generally not a recipe for sustained success.

Even then, still not convinced Mahomes IS better than Josh, he's just sustained that level of play over multiple seasons.  Give both QBs Travis Kelce to compliment their #1 WR and then we can talk about who's better.  Josh is certainly more durable, much tougher to take down, elusive, more of a dual threat, and literally brings everything to the table Mahomes does as a passer.

Sustained success is part of the equation of who’s better....no?  One year vs 3 years? But because Mahomes has Kelce, we can’t even compare them because it’s not fair?  Allen will likely never have a Kelce to compliment the WR1.....so we can never compare them?  You just can’t talk about stuff that isn’t reality.  You can only compare what is the reality.  

The reality is, Mahomes is currently better than allen.  When allen is better, we will all know it.....not just the extreme allen homers.  I’m an allen homer, ask all of my friends and family. But I can still accept the fact that Allen hasn’t earned the crown.....just yet.  He’s on his way, but Mahomes has earned the crown for the time being imo.

• Disagree 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Sustained success is part of the equation of who’s better....no?  One year vs 3 years? But because Mahomes has Kelce, we can’t even compare them because it’s not fair?  Allen will likely never have a Kelce to compliment the WR1.....so we can never compare them?  You just can’t talk about stuff that isn’t reality.  You can only compare what is the reality.  

The reality is, Mahomes is currently better than allen.  When allen is better, we will all know it.....not just the extreme allen homers.  I’m an allen homer, ask all of my friends and family. But I can still accept the fact that Allen hasn’t earned the crown.....just yet.  He’s on his way, but Mahomes has earned the crown for the time being imo.

Now do Bills vs Browns

6 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Who is saying “the Browns can NEVER be better than the Bills because they have Josh Allen?”  It’s not like the Bills have a QB and the jets 2020 roster!  With comparable rosters, the Bills will be better than the Browns because of Josh Allen. I don’t think anyone can argue that the Browns roster and depth are that much better than the Bills’ roster, even if you do feel that they have superior talent. 

Who is saying "the Browns can NEVER be better than the Bills because they have Josh Allen?"

Really?

Have you read this thread????

Every third post here is saying it.  

It's a widely held opinion here and it's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Who is saying "the Browns can NEVER be better than the Bills because they have Josh Allen?"

Really?

Have you read this thread????

Every third post here is saying it.  

It's a widely held opinion here and it's ridiculous.

No. Every third post is saying the difference between Allen and Mayfield is such that the Browns supposed superior roster doesn’t make up the deficit. What’s ridiculous is saying the Browns are a better team and acting confused about pushback.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Chiefs entered the off season after getting man handled in the Super Bowl because their O-line had fallen apart.  They blew up their O-line and decided to rebuild.  On paper at least, they look to have improved the line.  They signed Joe Thuney to a 5 year $80 million contract and he will slide into the left guard position.  They then signed Kyle Long to a one year deal to step into the right guard position.  They resigned Mike Remmers to play right tackle and then traded with the Ravens for Orlando Brown to step in as their left tackle.  They signed Austin Blythe from the Rams to play center, and then drafted the 2nd ranked center, Creed Humphrey, to push Blythe and develop into their future center.  The only free agent they lost of any consequence was Sammy Watkins which should not slow them down much.

I think on the whole the O-line is upgraded and they kept the rest of the band together.  I don't see any reasonable argument to say the Chiefs shouldn't remain the #1 seed in the AFC heading into the 2021 season.

Kudos for putting this together, but you lost me right there with the bolded.

The Chiefs lost starting DE Tanoh Kpassagnon to NO, starting OLB Damien Wilson to Jacksonville, and starting CB Brashad Breeland is still unsigned as a FA.  Defensive end Alex Okafor saw significant playing time (40-50% of the snaps) and is also an unsigned FA at this point.

When they lose or have unsigned 3-4 key defensive contributors who saw a lot of snaps and you come out with "the only free agent they lost of any consequence was Watkins", that begs the question just what do you consider "of any consequence"? 

Now it may be that just like OL, they made sufficient FA or draft moves on D to backfill, or have understudies who looked good and are ready to step in, but at least tell us what those were and why they're just as good. 

And frankly, it wasn't just the KC OL that was a problem for them in the Superbowl.  Their D gave up 145 yds on the ground and gave TB a TOP edge not to mention 3 TD passing.

KC is the team to beat in the AFC until proven otherwise, no argument there.  I don't know as much about the Brownies, but frankly, the significant gaps in your KC analysis make me question how deep and thoughtful your analysis of the Brownies may be.