1. Chiefs 2. Browns 3. Bills

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

We barely beat the Colts and the Ravens in the playoffs last year, but we still beat them.  The Browns are more talented top to bottom than the Bengals are (Let's see how Burrow comes back after this injury).  I'm a big Burrow fan and think he can be the real deal and way better than Mayfield but worry he is going to get Darnold-ed by Cincy.  Passing on Sewell to draft a WR is a typical Jets/Cincy kind of move when the Bengals O-line is atrocious.  How putting a solid O-line in front of Burrow wasn't priority #1 , #2, #3 this off season for Cincy is beyond me...

Yeah, I don't think barely beating the reigning worst team in the NFL (with a rookie QB)  with a last-minute TD is anywhere near winning a close game in the WC round or winning a game by 2 scores in the divisional round.  

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

We barely beat the Colts and the Ravens in the playoffs last year, but we still beat them.  The Browns are more talented top to bottom than the Bengals are (Let's see how Burrow comes back after this injury).  I'm a big Burrow fan and think he can be the real deal and way better than Mayfield but worry he is going to get Darnold-ed by Cincy.  Passing on Sewell to draft a WR is a typical Jets/Cincy kind of move when the Bengals O-line is atrocious.  How putting a solid O-line in front of Burrow wasn't priority #1 , #2, #3 this off season for Cincy is beyond me...

Agree with you on Cincy. Stupid, stupid, stupid move from a typically stupid franchise.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

We have Allen.  That's where we stop the conversation 

The Packers have Rodgers and lost to a team with a strong running game, strong defense, and a game manager QB in the Championship game.

The Chiefs have Mahomes and lost to a team with a strong running game , strong defense, and a game manager QB in the Super Bowl.

I'm sorry, but it's not just about the QB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Mahomes missed most of the playoff game and the browns still couldn’t beat them

Did you watch the AFCCG? To be fair, the chiefs would have smoked us even with Henne playing the entire game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Packers have Rodgers and lost to a team with a strong running game, strong defense, and a game manager QB in the Championship game.

The Chiefs have Mahomes and lost to a team with a strong running game , strong defense, and a game manager QB in the Super Bowl.

Really, replace Brady with Baker Mayfield and do the Bucs beat the Packers or Chiefs? I'm thinking no! So, yeah it is about the QB, and ours is alot better than theirs!

Edited by Big Gun
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I don't think andy reid worries about much. he prepares for whatever team he faces and I doubt he looks at either the bills or browns as one or the other being more of a threat.

I also don't see the browns being the "leap frog" team jumping ahead of the bills. nope, don't see it.

what I do see is the buffalo bills did some good work in fa/draft to improve what was already a pretty solid contender, not only for the cheifs but the afc over all.

a bills team that will pick up where they left off, winning likely 14 games (17 game season now so one win better then last season) afce champs and again in the afcc game only this time they will manage to beat, either the chiefs or any afc team who makes it. then on to the sb and the lombardi.

no, andy wont be worrying anymore than the bills or this bills fan will be worrying about the "leap frogging" browns...

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

Tough to disagree with the post & very well thought out.  I think Cleveland (at least on paper) improved more than we improved but I still think our offseason has been a success considering I didn't think we would re-sign Milano and Williams.  I still think Buffalo is the better team but definitely think that Cleveland closed the gap.  Not taking possible injuries into consideration I would say that if they don't win that division then it was a disappointing season.  Same for Buffalo but that's obvious 😎

The Browns are certainly a good team, but they re-vamped their offensive approach last year for a reason. They know Baker has limitations. The Browns ran the ball 48.4% of snaps in 2020 for a reason...They have to stay balanced because their QB is not elite. And they have the talent at RB and O-Line to run it well... While that did allow them to be very competitive when it worked, the problem was when it didn't...Like the Jets game...They were bad on Offense because the Jets shut down the run (45 yards total, a 2.5 yards per carry average). This is the way NFL Defenses will approach the Brown Offense in 2021, they will make Baker beat them, so it will be up to Baker to raise his game...

I don't care what they did on paper so far. If Mayfield cannot raise his game to the next level the Browns will have issues winning their own Division (they lost twice to Balt, went 2-1 vs Pittsburgh but got beat up in the loss early on when the Steelers were healthier, and beat Cincy by a total of 8 points in 2 games), let alone being the #2 team in the AFC...

We'll see I guess...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Brady had 4600 yards and 40 TDs. Game manager lol come on now

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It’s not, but are you asking us to compare Baker Mayfield to Tom Brady?

I don’t necessarily buy the idea the “Bills didn’t get better” for one the pass rush adds two high draft picks and only lost Trent Murphy a non factor and Jefferson a solid rotational player they replaced with that DE from Carolina who might be a slight upgrade.

They also replaced Roberts and Ty in the draft retaining depth along with replacing Brain Winters and John Brown with comparable players. Overall I see the additions to the pass rush being a bigger deal than many here think.

Although this is speculation I do think the front office is still in on Ertz who could be a nice add. Still even if they don’t make a final move I think the roster is slightly better than the 2020 roster. Nothing ground breaking but returning a 13-3 team with great depth and some improvement in the pass rush is a team I would take a chance with.

1 hour ago, Bills of Boston said:

Mahomes also went out pretty early that game. Obv Browns are a very good team and a real threat etc 

This the chiefs were cruising in that game until

mahomes got injured 

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So give me -110 the Browns end up w a better record than us

also +250 they miss the playoffs

lmk

I don't think the Browns will have a better record than the Bills, but I also don't think the Browns will miss the playoffs.

EDIT: I do think the Browns have leapfrogged the Ravens.

Edited by GunnerBill

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s not, but are you asking us to compare Baker Mayfield to Tom Brady?

Nope.  I'm saying that it's not just about the QB.  I think we would all agree that Mahomes and Rodgers are better than Brady right now.  I think most of us would agree that Allen is better than Brady.  Having said that, Brady still won the Super Bowl last year because the team that wins the Super Bowl isn't always the team with the best QB.

Saying that the Browns can never be better than the Bills because we have Josh Allen and they have Baker Mayfield is a ridiculous opinion that simply can not be supported.  Football is a team sport.  Is the QB the most important player on the team?  Absolutely.  Is having the best QB the only way to win in this league?   Of course not.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1