1. Chiefs 2. Browns 3. Bills

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The browns had the furthest to go on defense which is why they had to bring in all those guys in the secondary. No one knows if their defense will improve enough to beat the Ravens which is their biggest hurdle. Until they upgrade at QB, or he develops further (already 26 and never had elite traits pointing to a higher ceiling) they will be left behind in the big games.

I think the Browns will have a tough time with the Bengals, too.  Barely beat them last year, in Burrow's rookie season. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns were in year 1 of their makeover last season.  Their injury situation was ridiculous.  In the Steelers playoff game an offensive lineman that had joined the team THAT DAY played meaningful snaps.  

In addition to getting healthy the Browns have improved their team tremendously this offseason in both free agency and the draft.  Every level of the defense was addressed with the back seven getting a near full makeover.  Do not expect to see anything close to the same defense as last season. 

A lot of Bills fans are not giving Mayfield the credit he is due.  For the first time in the NFL he gets to stay in the same offense for a second straight season.  He learned the current system on the fly last season because of the elimination of most of the offseason.  He looked terrible for half a season, then after the bye he rated as the second best QB the rest of the way.

I don’t think I’m underestimating Baker. He is a good QB at times. But he has never shown that he is anywhere near the QB or leader that Allen was last year. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong and the Browns will actually live up to their supposed talent level this season. 

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns were in year 1 of their makeover last season.  Their injury situation was ridiculous.  In the Steelers playoff game an offensive lineman that had joined the team THAT DAY played meaningful snaps.  

In addition to getting healthy the Browns have improved their team tremendously this offseason in both free agency and the draft.  Every level of the defense was addressed with the back seven getting a near full makeover.  Do not expect to see anything close to the same defense as last season. 

A lot of Bills fans are not giving Mayfield the credit he is due.  For the first time in the NFL he gets to stay in the same offense for a second straight season.  He learned the current system on the fly last season because of the elimination of most of the offseason.  He looked terrible for half a season, then after the bye he rated as the second best QB the rest of the way.

Baker is good.  Anyone who says otherwise is hating at this point.  

I don’t see elite in him though.  

I don’t think he could do what Josh Allen did against Indy in the WC Game.  

Baker plays well within the offense.   Allen, Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers elevate the offense.   

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lets see who wins the AFC Divisions first.

On an unrelated note:  What is the obsession of having to rank everything, everywhere, all the time?

I just don't get it.  I'm old I guess.

Bills fans rank high in ranking teams. At least according to the latest rankings of rankers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I feared a turnaround for the Browns when they hired Stefanski and got Baker into that offense.  Luckily, the NFC North is so stacked that even if they win the division they'll pry be injury plagued by the time the playoffs come around.  Patriots always benefited from a banged up Steelers or Ravens team over the years come playoff time.

4 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I don’t think I’m underestimating Baker. He is a good QB at times. But he has never shown that he is anywhere near the QB or leader that Allen was last year. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong and the Browns will actually live up to their supposed talent level this season. 

I think that if the run game is stuck in mud, the Browns are done.  Hell, Mayfield couldn't beat the Jets last year in Week 16, with the game on his arm.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

The Browns have been “the best team on paper” for years now. Putting together a roster of names isn’t that difficult. Putting together a team of winners is. 

The Browns went 11-5 last year and made it to the Divisional Round of the playoffs.  Does that qualify as winning?

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Outside of defensive line and RBs, how do you come to the conclusion that the Browns roster is superior to ours?

The Bills have a better QB, Allen is elite and can win a game on his own when he has to. The Bills have a better WR corps, and better secondary.  The Brown have a better O-line (the best in football last year), a better D-Line with Miles Garrett, an elite running game with Chubb and Hunt, and a better TE room.  The Browns also have a new head coach who knows what he is doing and has revamped the offense to get the best out of Baker Mayfield who has become a capable game manger on a run first team.  

I don't think there is as much space between these two teams as you think there is.

22 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The one major road block for the Browns is the division they play.  The games in that division are a hell lot more competitive.

Cincinnati isn't close to being in the conversation yet.  The Browns backups beat the Steelers late in the season and as long as the Steelers still have Roethlisberger who has hit the wall and is declining rapidly, the Browns will continue to pull away from Pittsburgh.  The Brown lost both games to the Ravens and that is where the fight is going to be to win the division.  I think the league is starting to catch up with Lamar Jackson though and the Ravens are going to have a tougher time going forward.  I think it likely the Browns split with the Ravens and sweep Pittsburgh and Cincy and go 5-1 in their division next year.

• Like (+1) 3

I just think styles makes fights. For example Chiefs handled the Bills pretty handily last season but the Raiders beat the chiefs last year  and the 2nd game came down to the wire. Raiders also beat the Browns. At the same time we beat the Raiders easily last year. So while Cleveland may match up well vs KC until shown otherwise they still struggle within there own division so I am not quite sure despite the upgrades they have made how you would make them 2nd best in the conference.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Browns went 11-5 last year and made it to the Divisional Round of the playoffs.  Does that qualify as winning?

The Bills have a better QB, Allen is elite and can win a game on his own when he has to. The Bills have a better WR corps, and better secondary.  The Brown have a better O-line (the best in football last year), a better D-Line with Miles Garrett, an elite running game with Chubb and Hunt, and a better TE room.  The Browns also have a new head coach who knows what he is doing and has revamped the offense to get the best out of Baker Mayfield who has become a capable game manger on a run first team.  

I don't think there is as much space between these two teams as you think there is.

Cincinnati isn't close to being in the conversation yet.  The Browns backups beat the Steelers late in the season and as long as the Steelers still have Roethlisberger who has hit the wall and is declining rapidly, the Browns will continue to pull away from Pittsburgh.  The Brown lost both games to the Ravens and that is where the fight is going to be to win the division.  I think the league is starting to catch up with Lamar Jackson though and the Ravens are going to have a tougher time going forward.  I think it likely the Browns split with the Ravens and sweep Pittsburgh and Cincy and go 5-1 in their division next year.

I don’t think I’m underestimating the Browns. They have a nice squad. 

The Bills are elite. There’s no need to pretend otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

Folk keep sayin the browns this the browns that, lots of talent, but... KC is good, and really no better than they were before their O line came apart and had to rebuild it, zero sum gain in all reality, The Bills maintained their High octane offense, and brought in talent to up the O & D lines, and brought in a burner WR kick returner amongst others, so at worst it’s status quo, at best, no one is scared of KC anymore, lots of fear talk going on here.... 

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Browns barely beat the Bengals last season in their 2nd matchup, after Burrow had a few games under his belt.

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

11 wins isn’t going to get them to #2 in the AFC as you are stating. The Browns have a good looking roster. I don’t agree that the “on paper” Browns are as good as the “on the field” Browns. 

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

The Browns barely beat the Bengals last season in their 2nd matchup, after Burrow had a few games under his belt.

We barely beat the Colts and the Ravens in the playoffs last year, but we still beat them.  The Browns are more talented top to bottom than the Bengals are (Let's see how Burrow comes back after this injury).  I'm a big Burrow fan and think he can be the real deal and way better than Mayfield but worry he is going to get Darnold-ed by Cincy.  Passing on Sewell to draft a WR is a typical Jets/Cincy kind of move when the Bengals O-line is atrocious.  How putting a solid O-line in front of Burrow wasn't priority #1 , #2, #3 this off season for Cincy is beyond me...

• Agree 1