Best 5 Offensive Lineman Could Be Interesting

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

This was my main problem with this years draft in general. All of our top 3 picks have a lot of potential but most scouts talk about our picks being 1-3 year project guys.  Well we are in win now mode so I don’t want this to be a throw away year because we didn’t add talent that helps us immediately. We could have added an immediate starter on OL at Guard or at least a likely next year’s center in round 2-3 because those guys were available, but we didn’t. So if we take a step backward this year we can blame the front office. It’s a risk. 

So you don’t think Rousseau or Basham will contribute this year? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BubbaT said:

Ok, it's 2022. Who is our center? Thought they might draft a developmental one. 

Master Bates supposedly has been training to be the heir apparent at center. I have no idea how he is viewed by the coaches though. It would be pretty great if he was up to the task though, he has good size imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So you don’t think Rousseau or Basham will contribute this year? 

I think both could but I don’t know how much. Rousseau is very raw and has so little game experience and much of it was tossing guards around at age 19. I don’t know how well that will translate initially. He might need another year to affect the team much. Basham may have more immediate impact. I fear the Bills may not put them on the field enough to get them that experience...kind of like Epenesa who basically useless for half a year and basically a non factor in last years defense as a whole. They need to commit to all 3 of these guys more. I don’t know if they will. So my point is all 3 top picks may not impact our results much in ‘21, which means we may have missed an opportunity in ‘21 to take a shot at a SB.I hope I am wrong and they contribute early but it is a huge risk. It sure feels like KC widened the gap on us. 

Edited by Locomark

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Lamp hasn’t shown much at the Chargers either hence why the Bills picked him up for a bottom of the barrel deal... Boettger is probably a bigger possibility to beat out Ford..

In respect of Williams...I hope he plays like he did last year and sees out his contract... certainly good value and they have been looking for a good RT for a while...

I thought Lamp had rough rookie year, 2018, down the depth chart after minor knee surgery. Followed by a broken leg in 2019. Last year he started all 16 games.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I think both could but I don’t know how much. Rousseau is very raw and has so little game experience and much of it was tossing guards around. I don’t know how well that will translate initially. He might need another year to affect the team much. Basham may have more immediate impact. I fear the Bills may not put them on the field enough to get them that experience...kind of like Epenesa who basically useless for half a year and basically a non factor in last years defense as a whole. They need to commit to all 3 of these guys more. I don’t know if they will. 

Epenesa had a weird year, no OTAs, no training camp, lost weight, gained weight, he got better as year went on. Rousseau throwing around 300 pound guards when he was 19 isn’t nothing. He could be disruptive lining up inside on occasion. Basham is more ready to contribute.

8 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

What ever happened to trey Adam's

He was one of those trees from last year

He retired 

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Epenesa had a weird year, no OTAs, no training camp, lost weight, gained weight, he got better as year went on. Rousseau throwing around 300 pound guards when he was 19 isn’t nothing. He could be disruptive lining up inside on occasion. Basham is more ready to contribute.

He retired 

Chris not disagreeing just saying most scouts say Rousseau is still a “ project” which mean wait another year or two for the big payoff. I think teams will use Rousseau’s inexperience and kill us with misdirection, draws and other things when he is on the field. You can’t substitute game experience. Let’s just hope we get the Chiefs late in the year... 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I like Lamp too.  We are actually in great shape on both sides of the trenches.  I love how Beane has built this roster. 

Only thing missing in my eyes is a top-tier CB2 to pair with White.  Hopefully, that gets addressed in the 2022 draft 

Maybe a good one shakes free during training camp/preseason cuts?

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Unless they are a complete surprise in training camp, I'd be shocked if either Brown or Doyle are #2 on the OT depth chart come September thru December.  My guess is that if either of them are even active on game days it would be to lineup on FG teams.

I would respectfully disagree. Brown is near lock for swing as 3rd round investment. Although most likely RT. Doyle seems to be LT backup for DD so think they both dress. Battle between Bates, Lamp, IB for 2 spots. Ford gets one more half season to show if he can get it together. 

Anderson PS unless injuries. Good depth for sure. Vet Hart may have picked wrong place to stick. 

3 hours ago, chris heff said:

Starting five could be Dawkins, Lamp, Morse, Feliciano and Williams. Has Ford really shown anything? They have tried him at three different positions. He could get traded before the season starts.

Ike played well to end last season not sure why he can secure the LG spot.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

I know we extended Darryl Williams this year, however, with especially Spencer Brown, it will be interesting to see if he lights it up at RT... maybe Williams goes to swing or guard.

Watching Brown's tape now.  He is fluid, can bend and just engulfs people.

Good problems to have :)

I’d be shocked if a raw rookie beats out the seasoned vet given the lack of padded practices between now and the season. 

8 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

I know we extended Darryl Williams this year, however, with especially Spencer Brown, it will be interesting to see if he lights it up at RT... maybe Williams goes to swing or guard.

Watching Brown's tape now.  He is fluid, can bend and just engulfs people.

Good problems to have :)

I think there’s little chance Williams loses out to anyone. He’s a solid RT when healthy and I don’t believe the Bills want Brown to see any action unless a game is out-of-reach. What I would like to see is Brown and Doyle make great strides to take the job from Williams next year and let him go. 

8 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I like Lamp too.  We are actually in great shape on both sides of the trenches.  I love how Beane has built this roster. 

Only thing missing in my eyes is a top-tier CB2 to pair with White.  Hopefully, that gets addressed in the 2022 draft 

Dane Jackson.

No, for real!

4 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Ok, it's 2022. Who is our center? Thought they might draft a developmental one. 

They have 3 already. Mongo has looked GOOD at center, Ike has taken some snaps there.

The heir apparent at center might be Ryan Bates. Someone sat down with him this summer and he talked about how winning the center job this year is his goal. 

Williams ain’t moving. We sure love to “kick” guys inside here. Listen, when he was signed, Beane talked a ton about Williams struggling in Carolina because he was playing out of position at guard and left tackle. Dude is a RT and has proven his worth there. Our new draftees should make the team as backup tackles, as long as they are good enough to come in if there is an unfortunate injury. 

As far as I am concerned our tackles and center are locked in. Feliciano is likely locked in as well, though i think he is the perfect backup. But I think those 4 interior guys Feliciano, Ford, Boettger, Lamp are battling for those two starting spots. I don’t think Bates is in the mix, but I hope he is. I do like his potential and he is still very young. I like the prospects of the Anderson kid as well. 

I am a little biased, but I love Forrest Lamp and have since draft time. He is already the best pass blocking guard on our team and he has not played a down yet here. He also owned a 9.56 RAS. He is still very young, just a couple of months older than Ike. I hope he takes one of the guard spots and one of Ford or Boettger take the other. I know people will disagree with me, but I kind of wish they didn’t re-sign Feliciano and went with all these young guys. Based on what they were doing here in the draft it seems like they are starting to look for more athletic linemen. 

But remember just a few short years ago when we were watching the likes of Erik Pears and Mike Gandy. We are in a good place on the O-line, we just need to find the best combination of players. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

Chris not disagreeing just saying most scouts say Rousseau is still a “ project” which mean wait another year or two for the big payoff. I think teams will use Rousseau’s inexperience and kill us with misdirection, draws and other things when he is on the field. You can’t substitute game experience. Let’s just hope we get the Chiefs late in the year... 

So a rookie's inexperience could be a problem that causes the Bills to take a 'step back', but you're banking on a... rookie to come in and immediately be the difference between making it to the AFC championship game and winning the Superbowl.

This board has lost it's collective mind.