Best 5 Offensive Lineman Could Be Interesting

I know we extended Darryl Williams this year, however, with especially Spencer Brown, it will be interesting to see if he lights it up at RT... maybe Williams goes to swing or guard.

Watching Brown's tape now.  He is fluid, can bend and just engulfs people.

Good problems to have :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Darryl Williams' starting spot is quite safe. But Brown is a nice prospect. 

The guard spots should see a nice battle. I like Lamp. (I love Lamp?)

Completely forgot about Lamp! There’s definitely going to be some interesting competition. May the best 5 win! I think Brown is very intriguing, he’s a mauler. 

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Darryl Williams' starting spot is quite safe. But Brown is a nice prospect. 

The guard spots should see a nice battle. I like Lamp. (I love Lamp?)

I like Lamp too.  We are actually in great shape on both sides of the trenches.  I love how Beane has built this roster. 

Only thing missing in my eyes is a top-tier CB2 to pair with White.  Hopefully, that gets addressed in the 2022 draft 

• Like (+1) 1

Starting five could be Dawkins, Lamp, Morse, Feliciano and Williams. Has Ford really shown anything? They have tried him at three different positions. He could get traded before the season starts.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Starting five could be Dawkins, Lamp, Morse, Feliciano and Williams. Has Ford really shown anything? They have tried him at three different positions. He could get traded before the season starts.

Lamp hasn’t shown much at the Chargers either hence why the Bills picked him up for a bottom of the barrel deal... Boettger is probably a bigger possibility to beat out Ford..

In respect of Williams...I hope he plays like he did last year and sees out his contract... certainly good value and they have been looking for a good RT for a while...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’ll get back to you in 2022

OK. I'll hold you to it. Morse won't be on the roster (cap casualty) and they have no developmental one on the roster that I can see nor the resources after the Allen/Edmunds contracts to sign a good one in FA

3 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

OK. I'll hold you to it. Morse won't be on the roster (cap casualty) and they have no developmental one on the roster that I can see nor the resources after the Allen/Edmunds contracts to sign a good one in FA

KC and GB just drafted the two best Centers at the end of the 2nd Round this past weekend. 

We can simply..... draft one. 

9 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

And they had Creed Humphrey sitting there at 61 so hope they don’t come to regret that...

On the positive ...Jack Anderson could be a development prospect at C ... he was saying in his interview yesterday that he has practiced a lot there previously although I don’t believe he has actually played there much at Texas Tech....

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Sad 1

WTH?! 😳 OP, allow me to refresh preceding events from this off-season. The Bills gave a 1 year ‘Prove It’ deal to Williams last season. He not only never relinquished his spot on the team, he was our BEST offensive lineman on a high scoring, Championship Game team. Free to go anywhere for any amount of money, he re-signed with the team for - now jot this down-Twenty Eight Million Dollars.

Never, in the entire history of Pop Warner football, has a 3rd Round pick supplanted a super multi million dollar player, to say Nothing of any other level of the game.

A closer reality narrative would be the kid never sees the field.

i hope this helped..

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

they kept 9 O-linemen on the 53.

Dawkins-Doyle

Ford-Lamp

Morse

Feliciano-Bates

Williams-Brown

Boettger might stay if Morse gets IR'd, Cut, or Traded.

Ford can be the surprise cut, but I think he will stay for a few games (like Spain).

Anderson to PS.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 1

All it takes is one injury and Brown will be inserted into the lineup. He’s a beast, he can play on the left or the right side. Clearly he needs to be developed, but physically, athletically it’s all there. Seems to have enough bend, as does Doyle. Brown will likely see playing time this year, although will likely not be a full time starter, at least not yet, but in the future, most likely so. Doyle will most likely be a swing tackle/backup. I mean, before the draft we had Bobby Hart, that’s bad news if you’re a Bills fan and Dawkins or Williams goes down. Especially with Williams injury history. Most likely Brown is being groomed to take over on the right side.

Unless they are a complete surprise in training camp, I'd be shocked if either Brown or Doyle are #2 on the OT depth chart come September thru December.  My guess is that if either of them are even active on game days it would be to lineup on FG teams.

I think the fans that are calling Brown to start at RT are jumping the gun quite a bit.  It sounds like he was a long term projection coming out of college, so he’ll need to have a helluva preseason to unseat Williams.  If we’re taking 2022, then I definitely think starting is a possibility then.  But like most picks this year, I don’t think he’ll be an immediate contributor in 2021

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

My understanding is that Brown has a ways to go in his development, so I think we're looking at a move like this in 2022 at the earliest 

This was my main problem with this years draft in general. All of our top 3 picks have a lot of potential but most scouts talk about our picks being 1-3 year project guys.  Well we are in win now mode so I don’t want this to be a throw away year because we didn’t add talent that helps us immediately. We could have added an immediate starter on OL at Guard or at least a likely next year’s center in round 2-3 because those guys were available, but we didn’t. So if we take a step backward this year we can blame the front office. It’s a risk. 

• Haha (+1) 1