It looks like we came out of this weekend without a true one tech

Either a better player at the time of pick or picked before us so Beane moved onto another player......and any chances of a UDFA  looks like it didnt happen

So the question no is.....did Beane consider it a top priority or not.

Star is back.....so there is a buffer here.....but past him there does not appear to be a true one tech on this team yet.

I think this team is always looking to upgrade any position they feel they can. They apparently felt there wasn't a 1T worth taking over the specific player they chose with each pick. There will still be options to add a 1T this offseason if they choose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Either a better player at the time of pick or picked before us so Beane moved onto another player......and any chances of a UDFA  looks like it didnt happen

Star is back.....so there is a buffer here.....but past him there does not appear to be a true one tech on this team yet.

We will see, but with the DEs they drafted - I am wondering if they are going to go smaller, quicker, and attack gaps by formation and worry less about a big 1T tackle.

If you fill the gaps and tackle RBs on your way to the QB and you do it right from the snap - it can clog inside lanes and force more outside runs where athletic LBs and Safeties can make tackles.

I think Beane was considering larger, quicker DEs with inside ability to be a larger priority.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I would still like to see competition there. I don't think we should just assume a 31 year old big man off a year of not playing picks up where he left off and Harrison Phillips (though he had a good December) was pretty atrocious for most of last season. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

The draft was limited in talent.  The bills went for good talent when it was their pick.   When we are complaining about not drafting a backup we know the roster is strong.  Anyway also no te and they did not address DB til the sixth when there was basically UDFA level guys left.  Would you really feel great if they used a sixth in a one tech?  They have seven roster spots and can sign a guy still.  They also went to the afc championship game without a one tech.  Not they have Star back.  This was not a huge need.  

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

June 1st cuts still coming 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Beane stays painfully true to his board. And he has plenty of defenders here. He could have drafted 4 punters in a row and people would be saying “the game is all about field position!”

Do you feel better now? 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Lotulelei and Phillips will be fine this year. That's a plug and play position that will be easy to fill next year if necessary. Not a need.

If it is so easy to fill, and if the claims of missing Star was such a big loss, then why did they do nothing to address this last season?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Yes I’ve had my coffee. But I’ve already had to clean up dog ***** and cat puke this morning 

Bummer on the animal front, 

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Beane stays painfully true to his board. And he has plenty of defenders here. He could have drafted 4 punters in a row and people would be saying “the game is all about field position!”

Yeah, why would anyond defend a GM of a team that has gone from 6-10 to 10-6 (playoffs) to 13-3 (one game from Super Bowl). It's hard to defend that.

Been there with the pets though, although one of my cats seems to love Brandon Beane (is staring at his press conference as if he were a bird).

3 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Yeah, why would anyond defend a GM of a team that has gone from 6-10 to 10-6 (playoffs) to 13-3 (one game from Super Bowl). It's hard to defend that.

Been there with the pets though, although one of my cats seems to love Brandon Beane (is staring at his press conference as if he were a bird).

I love Beane. I think he’s the best GM in the league. But he’s not perfect. We don’t have to love everything he does. I’m just saying he should be open to criticism. I didn’t agree with all the draft picks. But it’s like if you say that then it’s “how dare you!” 

• Agree 1