Tremaine Edmunds - Should the Bills pick up his 5th year option? Poll.

Should the Bills Pick up Tremaine Edmunds 5th year option (12.791M)  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Pick up Tremaine Edmunds 5th year option (12.791M)?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He is a top 10 inside LB in the NFL so you definitely pick it up and then I wait to see this year if he has hit his cieling and negotiate from there.

He played like a bottom 10 LB last year.  None of us know how much that was injury or just regression.  He played as an above average to very good MLB for the second half of the 2019 season.  If he can sustain that level of play he will be worth it.  

Picking up the option makes the most sense.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The franchise tag for LB is projected as $14.9M.  

We had this discussion here already because IF both of Edmunds Pro Bowls counted towards his 5th year option value then that value would be the same as the franchise tag.  

If only one of them counts then his option was $12.7M.

$2.2M difference.

His first ProBowl was an injury replacement and does not count.  Oddly he deserved the first trip to the ProBowl but there is zero explanation for making the ProBowl last year. He was terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

You keep Edmunds. As fans we are in such a hurry to cut ties. There is a massive chunk of fans who want him to move positions. I too agree he’d be a bigger threat around the edges opposed to up the gut. Regardless, at his age and skill level, it’s a no brainer to pay the 5th year option. 
People act like this is coming out your savings account. Paying him that one year is not stopping this team from making any moves they want. 
As we keep reading during free agency, the cap is a myth, the money is there if you’re willing to move around enough dollar signs. Give Edmunds the 5th year. 

so far what i see is he seems hesitant to go down hill and smash guys in the hole hes responsable for. he tends to stop and wait for the target to meet him giving guys a few free yards.

his sideline to sideline is phenomenal. i did expect him to have a bigger impact in coverage in thr middle. 

i have a feeling this year will unlock his full potetial we have been waiting for. fully healthy and everyone in their proper roles.

joshes contract is coming so if mcbean think hes their kuelchy. extend him NOW asap before he puts up the monster season and the price skyrockets like i think it will.

I would so no for that type of money with Josh’s extension due.

He is slow to diagnose the run and routinely gets buried by guards in the hole.  Some of it last year was because Star was not there to take up bodies, but how many times in the first three years do you remember him beating blockers to the point of attack and blowing up runners in the whole or in the backfield? - not a whole lot.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He played like a bottom 10 LB last year.  None of us know how much that was injury or just regression.  He played as an above average to very good MLB for the second half of the 2019 season.  If he can sustain that level of play he will be worth it.  

Picking up the option makes the most sense.  

He was a bottom ten LB and we saw him plenty of him on the field but we should pay him more in one year then we pay most low end starters  for 3? He was bottom ten but coaches and players put him in the pro bowl? I guess I should simply ask for the 20 MLB who are better or the 90 overall LB, which ever you think is appropriate.

The only way you don't pick up the option, is if you intend to extend his deal now, and his agent etc. are made aware of that. That way there can be no feelings hurt, even theoretically. ;)

People are talking about Allen's extension being done through this off-season, well it may be that they do Edmunds as well. Or they get Edmunds done but not Allen, because the financial situation plays out that way.

• Like (+1) 1

I can understand why they would, but I would not.  He was not good this season - and that’s putting it mildly.  I just don’t like the idea rewarding that level of play even if other factors were at play.  Nothing wrong with telling him that we want him to be here and that we want to pay him, but that he has to reach a certain level of play to earn that.  Milano played out his deal and came back.  Edmunds can do the same if he turns it around from last year.  

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Disagree 1

They don't really have a choice.  They don't have  real good backup or replacement player for Edmunds on the roster and they did not dip into the draft to get competition at that position.  And he played outstanding  in the win against Baltimore in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

No brainer, 100% yes! I feel he's going to be a monster this season.

We all hope so. I honestly feel Edmunds will be our make or break piece on D to guide us to a SB. For me Edmunds future with the Bills ride or dies on this next season. If he performs well give him a contract. If he plays like last year let him walk.

3 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

We all hope so. I honestly feel Edmunds will be our make or break piece on D to guide us to a SB. For me Edmunds future with the Bills ride or dies on this next season. If he performs well give him a contract. If he plays like last year let him walk.

I agree, he's had 3 years to hone his craft. I thought he got better in his 2nd year but then that injury early in the year really hampered him (Not making excuses) but he has to become a much better tackler, the athleticism is there, I feel he's going to have a monster season imo and take this defense to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

I would so no for that type of money with Josh’s extension due.

He is slow to diagnose the run and routinely gets buried by guards in the hole.  Some of it last year was because Star was not there to take up bodies, but how many times in the first three years do you remember him beating blockers to the point of attack and blowing up runners in the whole or in the backfield? - not a whole lot.

Spot on.