Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 7 Open Roster Spots

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Although I'm still surprised that any NT like Tonga didn't try to sign with the Bills.

He was drafted in the 7th round, although I liked the player they took in round 7 I was shocked they didn't draft Tonga who fit a more immediate depth need.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Although I'm still surprised that any NT like Tonga didn't try to sign with the Bills.

I'm starting to wonder whether its actually the BILLS who arent trying to sign any 1TDTs.

Maybe they even went into the draft resigned to the fact that they werent getting anyone good, so they spent time preparing to go into the season with Star only.

If so, then no need to waste a camp spot on a scrub 1TDT.  And especially if they are tweaking the D such that they dont need one much.  If so, better hope Star is up to it.  And/or that Basham et al can spell Star effectively.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

I'm starting to wonder whether its actually the BILLS who arent trying to sign any 1TDTs.

Maybe they even went into the draft resigned to the fact that they werent getting anyone good, so they spent time preparing to go into the season with Star only.

If so, then no need to waste a camp spot on a scrub 1TDT.  And especially if they are tweaking the D such that they dont need one much.  If so, better hope Star is up to it.  And/or that Basham et al can spell Star effectively.

Harrison Phillips is solid depth. Yet things can always change with final roster cuts if a veteran comes available etc.

59 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He was drafted in the 7th round, although I liked the player they took in round 7 I was shocked they didn't draft Tonga who fit a more immediate depth need.

My bad.  I thought he signed with them as an UDFA.

But there were others.

47 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

That could be it as well.

Edited by Doc

On 5/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, MAJBobby said:

I will continue to keep original post updated. Go ahead and post your reports and I will get them in the OP. 

this regime has been slow with their movement in UDFAs compared to past regimes. 

13 open Spots. (But May keep a spot or two open). 

1. Syrus Tuitele, OL, Fresno St

2. Tariq Thompson, S, SD ST. 

3. Tre Walker, WR, San Jose St  

4.  Nick McCloud, CB, ND 

5. Quintin Morris, TE, BGSU

6. Olaijah Griffin, DB

No new action since Saturday?

Just now, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

According to SI, we've signed 6, and the dolphins are all the way up to two:

OL Rob Jones, Middle Tennessee State

DT Jerome Johnson, Indiana

Well the Phins did have, what, 5 picks in the first 3 rounds? So maybe they figure they don't need no UDFA guys.

17 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

He was drafted in the 7th round, although I liked the player they took in round 7 I was shocked they didn't draft Tonga who fit a more immediate depth need.

Shocked because a team didn’t draft someone you wanted in the 7th round? lol ok

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love this quote from Morris. If he can deliver on his confidence, we got ourselves a good one.

" I look forward to getting on a team and proving that I can be a matchup problem. Defenses are going to have to gameplan for me.  At the end of the day, you have to take your losses because you can’t stop me."

• Like (+1) 2

We had a player named Quinton quitting on us, hope Quintin does not do the same.  

Interview with him.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/quintin-morris-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-interview

There was a blitz pickup drill that I took some time to get used to. I struggled with that in the beginning because I didn’t really do it in college. 

7 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Different spelling. 

Yes there are many spellings of that name. 

It is from Latin meaning fifth often used for 5th son. 

Had three years in Latin and read a few Latin classic stories & poems as well as church books for many years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Yes there are many spellings of that name. 

It is from Latin meaning fifth often used for 5th son. 

Had three years in Latin and read a few Latin classic stories & poems as well as church books for many years.

My condolences. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1