Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 7 Open Roster Spots

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

Is this a real stat? 

40 minutes ago, Georgie said:

He is signing  with Washington

More like 30%

My bad, little robust with my estimate. It is 30% which is still a big number. In 2016 Adam Schefter said there were more total udfa's on rosters then 1st & 2nd rounders combined. 

15 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

If you read the Tyler dunne article of Devin you might think a bit differently- seems he’s changing his whole running approach this off-saeason and working on his speed. I still don’t forgive him for that drop but at least he’s trying. I don’t think Ettiene was ever in their plans - think that was a smokescreen 

still don’t buy it.  foolish strategy to hope Motor, who regressed, will somehow make a leap forward.   I hope it happens, but it’s another gamble by Bean

14 hours ago, Ta111 said:

The stats back up that the RBs weren’t the problem with the run game. Singletary and Moss were both in the top 10 in the league for yards after contact. 

they allowed themselves to be contacted too quickly.  Motor was supposed to be shifty. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

still don’t buy it.  foolish strategy to hope Motor, who regressed, will somehow make a leap forward.   I hope it happens, but it’s another gamble by Bean

they allowed themselves to be contacted too quickly.  Motor was supposed to be shifty. 

They were both drafted for being highest % in respective drafts for breaking tackles. Motor averaged over 5 yards carry rookie year. Bills didn’t run much and when they did the blocking wasn’t great. Moss showed some promise. I think they will be more impactful this year and part of that has to be OL improvement. If BB wasn’t satisfied they would have added more. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Reminds me of Jason Croom, Ex WR but very raw blocker

In today’s NFL, they don’t have to be a great blocker.  Coaching when younger thought, that’s stupid, but I’ve come around to it.  Kirwan from MTC has stated so many times meaning, splitting the TE out wide, blocking becomes obsolete.  They spread out a defense, and his two examples were Shannon Sharp and Tony Gonzales.  He has stated more times than I can count those guys not necessarily were bad blockers, but because if their athleticism and pass catching skills would line up outside thus forcing the defense to spread out and were a nightmare for opposing Safeties and LB’s.

If this kid can catch like his highlight real and has a little speed to him, I’d love some TE camp bodies to see who can make it.

One last thing., MAJ, thanks for trying to consolidate an UDFA file as I’d love to just keep coming back to it, and have one receptacle for these new additions.  Very cool.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

None of this matters now.   Beane has shown through his drafting that they feel the stable of RB's they have is good enough.

Personally.....I think they are relying more on Moss then Devin this next year.......and dont forget Breida who is the total change up back......Moss is the hammer....Breida is the speed

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Ryan,

I really dont think they "allowed" themselves to be contacted to early....I am quite sure there was a defender that had a say in that.

Let me expand on this further......when defenders are on OUR side of the line of scrimmage when a RB receives the ball......this is a BAD thing and generally not going to end well no matter how shifty they are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/1/2021 at 7:16 PM, TC in St. Louis said:

There are tons of good players available.  I just looked at a list.  There are about a dozen or more that were mocked in rounds 4-7.  https://www.pff.com/news/draft-ranking-100-best-available-2021-nfl-draft-prospects-tracker

Rignt, but with the strength of this roster, there arent many opportunities. Beane acknowledged how tough it is to recruit UDFA if their agent is trying to find a roster they have a shot at making.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Georgie said:

Rignt, but with the strength of this roster, there arent many opportunities. Beane acknowledged how tough it is to recruit UDFA if their agent is trying to find a roster they have a shot at making.

Although I'm still surprised that any NT like Tonga didn't try to sign with the Bills.

26 minutes ago, BTB said:

I’m not sure what is happening with OTA’s this year, but is it unusual to have so many open roster spots(currently 7 below max)? Plan to fill these spots with players other than 2021 UDFA’s?

I think they will sign a veteran tight end, a corner, and defensive tackle. But I suppose this was a weird year with a smaller pool of UDFAs etc. Some ideas: 

-Bashaud Breeland, Steven Nelson

-Jesse James, Eric Saubert

- Abry Jones, Daniel McCullers

Edited by MrEpsYtown
didn't realize Hayward signed with Vegas.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they will sign a veteran tight end, a corner, and defensive tackle. But I suppose this was a weird year with a smaller pool of UDFAs etc. Some ideas: 

-Bashaud Breeland, Steven Nelson

-Jesse James, Eric Saubert

- Abry Jones, Daniel McCullers

Abry Jones or McCullers could provide some competition at least for the 1 tech spot.  There's not much out there to be sure.  If the Bills get to training camp and don't like what they have, maybe they can look for some training camp cuts at the end of August.

3 hours ago, BTB said:

I’m not sure what is happening with OTA’s this year, but is it unusual to have so many open roster spots(currently 7 below max)? Plan to fill these spots with players other than 2021 UDFA’s?

Very incoming. After 4pm today UFA signings don’t count toward the comp pick formula 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1