Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 7 Open Roster Spots

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

All pre-draft talk is a smokescreen.  I could see Beane talking up RBs just to have other teams scoop them up worried the Bills would take one at the end of the 1st, pushing the guy they wanted down.

True but I do think Etienne was probably a candidate for them. Not saying he was top of their board or anything - I think their preference was always a pass rusher but in a situation where Rousseau and possibly Oweh were also gone but Etienne remained I could have seen that as an option. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

How can you say that when Macho Man was at the draft?

I was thinking Beane was looking into if Andre the Giant was taken yet.  Freakish athlete, can lift 2000 pounds, can move well, has great bend in the legs for how many times he came off the top rope.  Put him at right tackle and forget about it.

Edited by Marvlevydraftdaygenius

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Here's where you really find the diamonds in the rough. 50% of NFL players are undrafted. 

You totally made up that statistic. Can you name 1 NFL team that had 27 UDFAs  on their 53 man roster at any point in the season last year?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How did we not add a running back at all? Is there a chance Brieda has a bigger role then we expect?

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

On the running back thing, I think Breida will have a good impact and I still really like Antonio Williams. 

I’m content with the RB room.  

Singletary

Moss

Brieda

A. Williams

C. Wade 

I’m sure a FA or two will be added. I haven’t gotten through the thread yet 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Mike Jasper is the David Sills V of Da'Rick Rogerses

Don't be dissin' my man Mike. I still have his signed jersey in my man cave between Flutie's and Hasek's  (Not kidding. I actually do.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't be dissin' my man Mike. I still have his signed jersey in my man cave between Flutie's and Hasek's  

Hah, he does seem like a totally loveable guy and I was totally on the Jasper train at the time. 

12 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Much meta. So wow!

I hear in the seventh season of The Brandon Beane Show they'll introduce a tiny alien who only he can see, as well as a 7-year-old cousin who comes to live with the Buffalo Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Hah, he does seem like a totally loveable guy and I was totally on the Jasper train at the time. 

I won a contest way back when where a bunch of folks got to go on the field before a Jags preseason game to get a jersey from every Bills player. I got Mike's. I still check in with him. He's now the head football coach at his alma mater Bethel College in Tennessee. 

Side note, I got a double take from Eric Wood because I'm bigger than him and only slightly smaller than Mike Jasper.

https://www.bethelathletics.com/SIDHelp/m/0/12/r|12255|Michael Jasper|.php

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m content with the RB room.  

Singletary

Moss

Brieda

A. Williams

C. Wade 

I’m sure a FA or two will be added. I haven’t gotten through the thread yet 

That’s the most underwhelming list of running backs on any contender’s roster.  Brieda is fools gold who got beat out by an FA rookie.  Moss and Singletary lack explosion and are undersized power backs.  Williams and Wade are OBD legends who never will materialize.  

While I don’t think it’s a pressing need, some balance on offense would certainly be great and would add an almost unstoppable dynamic to this offense.  McB’s Done a lot of great things here, but their RB evals have been really bad. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ta111 said:

The stats back up that the RBs weren’t the problem with the run game. Singletary and Moss were both in the top 10 in the league for yards after contact. 

They see so much contact because they are slow. Speed at RB was a big need after the season. Breida was signed to ensure we had that skill set on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

That’s the most underwhelming list of running backs on any contender’s roster.  Brieda is fools gold who got beat out by an FA rookie.  Moss and Singletary lack explosion and are undersized power backs.  Williams and Wade are OBD legends who never will materialize.  

While I don’t think it’s a pressing need, some balance on offense would certainly be great and would add an almost unstoppable dynamic to this offense.  McB’s Done a lot of great things here, but their RB evals have been really bad. 

Harris and Etienne were gone 6 and 5 picks (respectively) before the Bills drafted.   Would you have advocated trading up for them?  After them, the only other RB getting hype was Williams, who was taken at 35, meaning the Bills would have had to take him at 30.  Would you have done/advocated that?

As for the RB room, I'm higher on Breida than most.  I don't care what he did with other teams and he'll be in a RBBC with the Bills.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I will continue to keep original post updated. Go ahead and post your reports and I will get them in the OP. 

this regime has been slow with their movement in UDFAs compared to past regimes. 

13 open Spots. (But May keep a spot or two open). 

1. Syrus Tuitele, OL, Fresno St

2. Tariq Thompson, S, SD ST. 

3. Tre Walker, WR, San Jose St  

4.  Nick McCloud, CB, ND 

5. Quintin Morris, TE, BGSU

6. Olaijah Griffin, DB

Quintin Morris may stick.  I was surprised he didn't get drafted. 

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually appears to have good hands also👍

Ya.  This may be a steal here.   I bet he makes the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I love the Quintin Morris signing. He's a guy that could make the team. Outside of Knox and Sweenery, we don't have much at TE

I do too - a lot of skill. I could see if PS this year and making the 53 next year

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Harris and Etienne were gone 6 and 5 picks (respectively) before the Bills drafted.   Would you have advocated trading up for them?  After them, the only other RB getting hype was Williams, who was taken at 35, meaning the Bills would have had to take him at 30.  Would you have done/advocated that?

As for the RB room, I'm higher on Breida than most.  I don't care what he did with other teams and he'll be in a RBBC with the Bills.

I wouldn’t have traded up but those 3 RBs weren’t the only RBs in the draft.  Gainwell went in the 5th and is a really good receiver with speed.  Same goes for Carter who went in the 4th.   We don’t have speed in the backfield unless you’re thinking of Breida, who’s never been able to win a job against avg competition.  

58 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

This was a weak running back group in this draft.  Ettienne and Harris were probably the only RBs in the draft who brought qualities that Buffalo really lacks in their running back group.  Javonte Williams is a good running back, but he doesn't really have any elite qualities.  I would not be surprised if the Bills are looking for a running back in next year's draft.

• Like (+1) 2