Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 7 Open Roster Spots

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Levi is the best success story I can recall in recent memory for any UDFA here. Before that I think was Robey. 
Most of these guys don’t want to sign here. As mentioned above we have a decently deep roster that’s tough to crack outside a couple spots. 
That’s not how it’s been the last 20 years. 

I only would like to add in this isn’t a sexy place for a rookie, Mcdermott loves him some veteran guys and we have seen throughout the years he will play a dead veteran before a young kid he don’t trust. If I am an UDFA the worst possible spot I could go is buffalo. 

Very recent yes...

Jason Peters was the best Bills UDFA of all time by career...He's a likely HOFer...

But Fat Pat Williams is my favorite Bills UDFA...Loved that guy...B-)

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Tuitele from FS strong kid 36 on bench 6’5” 315. I’m Fresno State season ticket holder he’s mauler who played RT. Think Bills move him inside since he’s not 6’8” 😂, but that’s his best chance. Will have shot at PS but for his sake wish he had signed w Bengals or Jets. 

AJ Epenesa is his cousin.

So probably felt comfortable coming to Buffalo.  

He's probably a PS guy anywhere........maybe he lives with AJ and it makes the transition to the pro level easier, etc..

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How did we not add a running back at all? Is there a chance Brieda has a bigger role then we expect?

Breida is a good RB. 

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is the part of the draft I really love. Which one of these guys will become the fan favorite during training camp?

Some people are still on the Duke Williams train, they aren't ready for the next one yet

Tariq Thompson was one of the 4 guys left on my draft board. I was pretty high on him he was my #100 overall. I think he is a nice fit for some of that big nickel stuff McDermott likes.

Quintin Morris makes sense too. I watched bits of him and thought he was a PUDFA type who would have a chance of making a PS somewhere and eventually finding his way onto a roster.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

no RB or 1tech??

I would think by now folks would understand that the Bills don’t view RB as a need.  How many different ways does Beane need to say it?  Their run blocking was atrocious.  They have three very viable backs on the roster.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, eball said:

I would think by now folks would understand that the Bills don’t view RB as a need.  How many different ways does Beane need to say it?  Their run blocking was atrocious.  They have three very viable backs on the roster.

i just disagree with not making RB a priority and blaming blocking/scheme.  Motor looked sig worse last year talent/ability wise.  Moss looked promising.  I like the Breida signing a lot.  I can see him replacing Motor more than Yeldon.  I figured we would get another in udfa at least for depth.

All that RB talk aside, 1T is a glaring need and the strategy so far appears to be hoping harry and star can perform adequately. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, eball said:

They didn't it as a "need" but they were open to a special player who could be a home run hitter. We know that because because Brandon Beane told us at his pre-draft presser.

Special running backs with that talent do not make it to undrafted free agency.

22 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

i just disagree with not making RB a priority and blaming blocking/scheme.  Motor looked sig worse last year talent/ability wise.  Moss looked promising.  I like the Breida signing a lot.  I can see him replacing Motor more than Yeldon.  I figured we would get another in udfa at least for depth.

All that RB talk aside, 1T is a glaring need and the strategy so far appears to be hoping harry and star can perform adequately. 

If you read the Tyler dunne article of Devin you might think a bit differently- seems he’s changing his whole running approach this off-saeason and working on his speed. I still don’t forgive him for that drop but at least he’s trying. I don’t think Ettiene was ever in their plans - think that was a smokescreen 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Other than pride, you wonder at what point in draft is it better to not get drafted and be able to choose the team where you might fit the best.  Like the Bills drafting a guard in round 7, would he have been better being un-drafted and choose a team with not much depth at guard.  I'm guessing mid 6th round and lower, better chance of making team as UDFA.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

The stats back up that the RBs weren’t the problem with the run game. Singletary and Moss were both in the top 10 in the league for yards after contact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

They didn't it as a "need" but they were open to a special player who could be a home run hitter. We know that because because Brandon Beane told us at his pre-draft presser.

Special running backs with that talent do not make it to undrafted free agency.

All pre-draft talk is a smokescreen.  I could see Beane talking up RBs just to have other teams scoop them up worried the Bills would take one at the end of the 1st, pushing the guy they wanted down.

• Like (+1) 1