Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 7 Open Roster Spots

Levi is the best success story I can recall in recent memory for any UDFA here. Before that I think was Robey. 
Most of these guys don’t want to sign here. As mentioned above we have a decently deep roster that’s tough to crack outside a couple spots. 
That’s not how it’s been the last 20 years. 

I only would like to add in this isn’t a sexy place for a rookie, Mcdermott loves him some veteran guys and we have seen throughout the years he will play a dead veteran before a young kid he don’t trust. If I am an UDFA the worst possible spot I could go is buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Here's where you really find the diamonds in the rough. 50% of NFL players are undrafted. 

Um, no. How many UDFAs are on the Bills? 26...27??? I hate when stats like  that are tossed around, do a little research before posting next time.

Edited by SteveFreeman22
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep this makes a ton of sense. I could seen players trying to sign on with a team with championship aspirations, but there are not many spots where there will be “true” competition

I think it depends on roster age and who they just drafted at a particular position us the bigger driver.

lime a DE might not want buffalo. Theyhave older players but they used a 2nd last yr and 1 and 2 this year on DE. Those 3 are going to get more chances and reps over the UDFA and they likely make the 53. It’s rare teams cut 1 and 2 round picks in that yr and the yr before.

• Like (+1) 1

UDFA corners should want to try their luck here.  We have openings and actually have played a former UDFA for a couple years.  

I do low key expect that we may sign a vet though.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

UDFA corners should want to try their luck here.  We have openings and actually have played a former UDFA for a couple years.  

I do low key expect that we may sign a vet though.  

Yeah i think a couple of these roster spots go to a veteran corner and a veteran tight end. Maybe Bashaud Breeland and Jesse James, something like that.  

Edited by MrEpsYtown

• MAJBobby changed the title to Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 8 Open Roster Spots
53 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The cricket guy might be ready.

Does he put milk in his tea?

FWIW.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/quintin-morris-nfl-draft-player-profile-bowling-green-tight-end/

Quintin Morris’ best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft

Morris fits best with a team that isn’t in desperate need of a TE1. Joining a team that will use him off the line and work with his skill set makes the most sense — a team like the Buffalo Bills who have a talented tight end in Dawson Knox. Morris could join Knox and create a dynamic young tight end duo while also providing another much-needed weapon for Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

TE - Quintin Morris – Bowling Green

Pro Day Update: 6’2 ¼” 251 lbs / 4.58 40 yd / 34” Vertical/  80 ¾” Wingspan / 10 ½” Hand size / 22 Bench Reps

Strong day for Morris, numbers very similar to Gerald Everett’s combine numbers who I compared him to below. Sticking with the comp.

To quote Morris “Sometimes they’ll have linebackers over me, but when they realize I’m not really, fully a tight end, they’ll adjust and try to play safeties, probably a little nickel” he said smiling. Morris converted to TE from WR at Bowling Green. Praised for being naturally strong, he took to the transition well. As with most receiving TE’s at the next level he will likely be a “lose slowly” type of blocker but does have versatility in blocking from the line, the slot and as a wing. Morris has good receiving instincts, follows the QB across the field to get open and excels after the catch. His production slowed in 5 games during his senior year but was a reliable target and lead his team in receiving as a junior. I think it should be noted that he had one of the best games of his career against Notre Dame bringing in 10 receptions for 92 yards and had a strong showing at the senior bowl.  I see Morris as a Gerald Everett type TE at the next level with a unique skillset that gives him a lot of productive upside.  

• Like (+1) 5