RD 7, Pick 8 (236): Jack Anderson, G (Texas Tech)

Draft Pick Approval  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

On 5/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Strange take since he brought back the entire starting OL. Beane felt it was more of a scheme issue. Beane and McDermott just adding competition which makes everyone focus more on improving. Keep depth deep. OL camp will be an interesting one. 

Not strange in the least, everyone knew/knows our preferred O line Starters didn’t play together the entire season do to injury, back ups were in use a lot and run game schemes were changed to accommodate the BU linemen’s skills, now we have the preferred O line guys all healthy, and we have substantial BUs / potential starters behind them. The run blocking can now be schemed to the talent that both our RBs posses, we aren’t gonna run a hell of a lot more, but we will be effective when we choose those plays, all of this follows what Beane was not so subtle about in his season end PC, and frankly it’s kinda surprising that so many fans have had this go right over their heads, but, what are ya gonna do, you can lead a horse to water..., 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Not strange in the least, everyone knew/knows our preferred O line Starters didn’t play together the entire season do to injury, back ups were in use a lot and run game schemes were changed to accommodate the BU linemen’s skills, now we have the preferred O line guys all healthy, and we have substantial BUs / potential starters behind them. The run blocking can now be schemed to the talent that both our RBs posses, we aren’t gonna run a hell of a lot more, but we will be effective when we choose those plays, all of this follows what Beane was not so subtle about in his season end PC, and frankly it’s kinda surprising that so many fans have had this go right over their heads, but, what are ya gonna do, you can lead a horse to water..., 

Me personally, I wasn't looking at RB as a possibility at 30 because Singletary and Moss aren't capable. It was more about adding weapons on offense and at 30 that was a good spot to take one of the RB'S. 

I never believed RB was our issue in the run game. I don't believe drafting 3 lineman was to fix our run game either. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Me personally, I wasn't looking at RB as a possibility at 30 because Singletary and Moss aren't capable. It was more about adding weapons on offense and at 30 that was a good spot to take one of the RB'S. 

I never believed RB was our issue in the run game. I don't believe drafting 3 lineman was to fix our run game either. 

Curious, if it’s not the RBs, or having our preferred O line guys all healthy at once for the first time in over a season,  plus with good BUs, and some with starting potential, what is it then? Scheme?  coaching?  Being that without our Preferred starters we still went 13-3, we should likely be all the better this upcoming season. I would add that our coaches learn and grow better with their learning experiences, I don’t see the issues that some want to make mountains out of mole hills about, no team since the Dolphins undefeated season have been perfect before or after so..., 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Curious, if it’s not the RBs, or having our preferred O line guys all healthy at once for the first time in over a season,  plus with good BUs, and some with starting potential, what is it then? Scheme?  coaching?  Being that without our Preferred starters we still went 13-3, we should likely be all the better this upcoming season. I would add that our coaches learn and grow better with their learning experiences, I don’t see the issues that some want to make mountains out of mole hills about, no team since the Dolphins undefeated season have been perfect before or after so..., 

One thing people don't talk about is commitment also. There were games they didn't run almost at all. Basically just called a run play just to call it. No rhythm. Run game is about rhythm. 

I think it was probably a little bit of scheme, commitment, and injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing people don't talk about is commitment also. There were games they didn't run almost at all. Basically just called a run play just to call it. No rhythm. Run game is about rhythm. 

I think it was probably a little bit of scheme, commitment, and injuries. 

I hear ya, I think pretty much the same, the run game all in all was an afterthought as compared to the passing game, mostly because the passing game was kicking Azs throughout most of the season. Beane made it awfully darn clear he wants an effective run game this upcoming season, I am confident we will see exactly that as a compliment to the passing game. 

• SDS unpinned this topic