RD 7, Pick 8 (236): Jack Anderson, G (Texas Tech)

Draft Pick Approval  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

On paper,  this seems like a really good pick.  He's a four year starter in a major conference,  is fairly athletic for an OG, and grades out well in pass protection.   

Everything I read said this guy was a hard worker who was basically lacking high athletic traits and that is why he was getting drafted where he was. So this is a guy you are basically hoping can overcome lack of immense talent with technique and anger... sound like Feliciano... no thanks. The “fairly athletic” is not what major scouting reports say. They say “sufficient” “durable” “ lacks footwork” so this guy likely doesn’t make the team. He might be lucky to even get in the practice squad. 

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Everything I read said this guy was a hard worker who was basically lacking high athletic traits and that is why he was getting drafted where he was. So this is a guy you are basically hoping can overcome lack of immense talent with technique and anger... sound like Feliciano... no thanks. The “fairly athletic” is not what major scouting reports say. They say “sufficient” “durable” “ lacks footwork” so this guy likely doesn’t make the team. He might be lucky to even get in the practice squad. 

What are your expectations of a Round 7 pick?

I would be over the moon if he had a multi year starting career like Feliciano...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think he needs to stay on the field this season or he will be gone next year,  he has to see all the offseason activity on the OL and know he needs to produce. 

Also that talked about in this is forrest lamp

Ppl keep crying that we have no guard death but the fact of the matter is we do forest lamp is a starting caliber guard in the NFL he was starting for the chargers he was drafted hi he suffered in injury that slowed him up a bit but he has always been a quality guard if Ford produces we literally go from questionable Guard play too solid guard play with decent depth and this doesn’t even count Jack Anderson who may end up being equality guard in his own right

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Well,  he IS a 7th round pick.  I'm not saying he's HOF material or anything,  just that he seems like a nice developmental guard here in R7.  As far as his athleticism is concerned,  I'm basing that solely on a cursory look at his pro day numbers,  which seem to lean much more positive than not.  Now maybe that doesn't translate to the field,  but at least it suggests there might be something there the Bills coaches can work with.  

Edited by Brandon

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

You literally have not seen him play in the NFL down

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would be over the moon if he had a multi year starting career like Feliciano...

He won’t he’s a cut.... 

• Eyeroll 1

On 5/1/2021 at 6:13 PM, MAJBobby said:

Beane “we want to run more effectively”

A lot of Bills Fans “RB coming RB coming”

Beane “three on the OL”. 

it is good that our GM can see it wasn’t the RBs as much as it was poor run blocking. 

Strange take since he brought back the entire starting OL. Beane felt it was more of a scheme issue. Beane and McDermott just adding competition which makes everyone focus more on improving. Keep depth deep. OL camp will be an interesting one. 

19 hours ago, Locomark said:

You wouldn't be happy if our 7th rounder turned into a Feliciano-type player? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Also that talked about in this is forrest lamp

Ppl keep crying that we have no guard death but the fact of the matter is we do forest lamp is a starting caliber guard in the NFL he was starting for the chargers he was drafted hi he suffered in injury that slowed him up a bit but he has always been a quality guard if Ford produces we literally go from questionable Guard play too solid guard play with decent depth and this doesn’t even count Jack Anderson who may end up being equality guard in his own right

That's quite a...sentence. 

Consider taking a breath.

20 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think people get way too worked up by late round picks. Guys picked in rounds 6-7 are typically going to be niche role or depth players if they make the roster or PS developmental type players. I like the Anderson pick, I think he will make the PS and get called up if there is an injury.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, junior12thman92 said:

You wouldn't be happy if our 7th rounder turned into a Feliciano-type player? 

That's the question. I think he is Feliano II, and that's fine with me.