RD 7, Pick 8 (236): Jack Anderson, G (Texas Tech)

Draft Pick Approval  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't think Ford is gone. Probably someone like Boettger or Bates. 

They just paid Boettger....( Edit... contract is not guaranteed so he can be cut easier than I thought)

This 7th  round pick will be heading to the Practice Squad 

Edited by Aussie Joe

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Pretty sure Ford is gonzo, i said he was a bust the night he was drafted and think the Bills would agree with all the OL signings & picks

Jack Anderson 2021 NFL Draft Profile

One of the most physical players in this year’s offensive line class, Jack Anderson is an interesting NFL Draft target. A four-star recruit out of Frisco High School in Texas, Anderson was the 77th-ranked target in his class. He received offers from college monoliths including Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas, but stuck closer to home. Starting as a true freshman and departing after his redshirt-junior year, Anderson made 38 appearances across four years with the Red Raiders. He was their starting right guard in each of his starts. After his redshirt junior season, he was named to the All-Big 12 first team. Interestingly, he also made the Academic All-Big 12 first team in three consecutive seasons. 

In Anderson, teams can trust they’re getting a consistent player. Given his reliability on the line, teams could have plentiful interest in the young guard. Further, he displays solid size and movement skills at the guard position. He performed well at his pro day, earning a really nice 8.58 relative athletic score. While his blocking technique could use some adjustments, he provided really sturdy play with the Red Raiders. In 2020, he graded as Pro Football Focus’s 21st-ranked guard in college, earning a 78.8 grade. However, his pass-blocking grade of 86.2 was the 13th-best rating in the college game. In a league that’s constantly chasing ways to protect the quarterback, that skill is a premium one for Anderson.

Ford will start at LG. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Pretty sure Ford is gonzo, i said he was a bust the night he was drafted and think the Bills would agree with all the OL signings & picks.

Because we drafted a Guard in the 7th round? I don’t think this draft sealed his fate. 

Beane “we want to run more effectively”

A lot of Bills Fans “RB coming RB coming”

Beane “three on the OL”. 

it is good that our GM can see it wasn’t the RBs as much as it was poor run blocking. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3