RD 6, Pick 29 (213): Rachad Wildgoose, CB (Wisconsin)

Draft Pick Approval  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

20 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Coached by our very own Jim Leonhard.  He's definitely been well coached, and good eye discipline

That's promising - Leonard was very physical and we need a bit more of that - much of our depth at DB are more suited for zone and playing off receivers rather than press and harassing receivers. NFL is becoming downright NHL-esk with the way the refs swallow their whistles in the postseason in regards to hands on receivers downfield. A bit more physicality in our back 7 could help if the kid pans out.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Wild Turkey or Grey Goose, either nickname!

Hoping for (insert any first name) Rustynickel-ditch in Rd 7

9 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Prediction: At some point in his career, Wildgoose picks off Duck Hodges, and runs it back for a pick six.

That'd be a fun preseason game...because of Hodges don't see him getting the start anywhere at this point.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I am glad everyone is having fun now

Are you saying that sincerely, or in the same tone of voice the nun would just before she would crack your knuckles with that three foot pointer? 😳

I cry 'fowl' over some of these references...🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Back in the 90s there was an ECHL team in Raleigh - the Raleigh IceCaps - who played in an old 5000 seat arena on the State Fairgrounds originally built to show livestock.  It was straight out of Slap Shot.  They had a fan favorite player by the name of Lyle Wildgoose.  Those were good times.

Lyle-Wildgoose.jpg

https://funwhileitlasted.net/2011/11/27/1991-1998-raleigh-icecaps/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Okay, I’ll admit that I don’t know who Hamlin or Wildgoose is, but DBs is McDermott’s forte, so I’m totally just going to trust the process. They have to be decent if McD felt strongly enough to take them there. I’m guessing goose can play STs as well?

You’re not alone, not ever having heard of these guys. That’s the reason I never waste my time doing mocks. I don’t college football anywhere near the level I do Pros, but all the folks who do, spend hours/days/weeks pondering how Buffalo and 31 other teams are going select. Guess what? None of them ever heard of these guys either!

🤦‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1