RD 6, Pick 28 (212): Damar Hamlin, S (Pitt)

Draft Pick Approval  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of this pick?

• Approve
    • Disapprove
    • I Don't Know

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Loving these picks. Great trade with the Texans 

I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just wondering why?   I love the Stevenson pick. 

Did you know anything about Hamlin or raCHAD prior to the draft.  I’m no draft guru, but I put some decent time and effort into watch tape.  I had never even heard of raCHAD.  I’ve seen Hamlins name, but didn’t watch any tape. 

Knowing nothing about these guys other than what I’ve just read, what’s to like?  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just wondering why?   I love the Stevenson pick. 

Did you know anything about Hamlin or raCHAD prior to the draft.  I’m no draft guru, but I put some decent time and effort into watch tape.  I had never even heard of raCHAD.  I’ve seen Hamlins name, but didn’t watch any tape. 

Knowing nothing about these guys other than what I’ve just read, what’s to like?  

He's Jaquan Johnson-like and Wildgoose reminded me of Dane Jackson.    They seem to have a type in their late round safeties and CB's.

These 3 picks are why I liked trading back.     I often had Wildgoose as my round 6 guy.    I like Stevenson in round 6 and Hamlin is decent value as well and fills a need.        

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's Jaquan Johnson-like and Wildgoose reminded me of Dane Jackson.    They seem to have a type in their late round safeties and CB's.

These 3 picks are why I liked trading back.     I often had Wildgoose as my round 6 guy.    I like Stevenson in round 6 and Hamlin is decent value as well and fills a need.        

I’ll trust your evaluation.  From the little tape i just watched, his attacking downhill physicality was similar to jacksons tape at Pitt.  Seems like a good comparison.  

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Ya It's either that, or they are banking on signing a veteran free agent corner once the draft is done.

Probably both but in additional to Beane outwardly saying he would compete for CB2 he didn’t draft one high and just drafted his best friend 

• Like (+1) 2

the later picks make more sense then the early picks to me.  someone should pick for Bean in Rd. 1-3, except Josh results so far have underwhelmed.  

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I keep getting more impressions that the Bills have big plans for Dane Jackson 

Agree. Dane balled out last year.  was surprised they didn’t play him more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was starting opposite Tre. Kid just made plays and was around the ball in his limited action.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane really talked him up in an interview with Collinsworth and Richard Sherman.

Beane won't "spill the beanes" on his plans so to speak, but he usually speaks what he believes.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably both but in additional to Beane outwardly saying he would compete for CB2 he didn’t draft one high and just drafted his best friend 

Caught a nice fish the first time, why not throw your line back in the same pond?

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They clearly like Jackson but I'd be shocked if we don't sign a vet before the season to at least compete for the starting job and add depth. 

I really think Sherman ends up on the Bills. Can use the money we save from cutting Addison.

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I knew the Bills were interested in Wildgoose. They met with him a few times, and he had a 4th round grade from a number of sources. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1